Forums

Help › Forums

Putting: Thick White Line

Wed, Dec 13 2023 1:23 PM (73 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 10:46 AM

MioKontic:
    That is not true.  Like I said on the previous page, in 13 years I have never seen it in either the front view or rear view; they are the only 2 views I have ever used.  If it is in other views, so be it, but the statement is wrong that is was on 'every other view'.

In reverse view, it's always been there for me. It's simply the case that the line was thinner. In fact, earlier in this thread, Scott posted a comparison of 2019 to today. And below is a screenshot from a practice round I played in December 2020.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 1:34 PM

Robert1893:
    In fact, earlier in this thread, Scott posted a comparison of 2019 to today. And below is a screenshot from a practice round I played in December 2020.

Yes I saw Scott's post and wondered if something was done inbetween changing from front view to rear view.  If it has always been there in rear view it must have been so insignificant that I just didn't notice it (and bear in mind I almost always putt in rear view), unlike the new line which is so thick it obscures other things that are more important, i.e. the dots.

I said there that I wondered if Scott had done something inbetween changing from front view to rear view, and the reason I said that is because on occasion I think I have previously seen a line, when accidentally clicking to the right of the camera and getting one of the other views, then when I've got back to the main view I think the line has been there.  But that is the only time I recall seeing it.

Just one last question, was that line always there in rear view, or did it just show up when you clicked on the marker to move it, and then disappear again when you let go of the mouse?  That might explain why I never thought I'd seen it before.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 3:41 PM

MioKontic:
    Just one last question, was that line always there in rear view, or did it just show up when you clicked on the marker to move it, and then disappear again when you let go of the mouse?  That might explain why I never thought I'd seen it before.

As soon as I clicked reverse view, it was there and moved with the marker. I clipped the video, starting from when the ball hit the green. It is easy to miss because the flag can hide it a bit.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2023 5:56 PM

I happened to be looking at some of the videos on my YouTube page and saw a couple of WGT streams I had done from 2020.  While I was watching tham I realised I was right - there was no white line!  Check out this video:

You will see that there is no white line on either the front view or rear view.  There is a red line when moving the marker, but then it disappears again when you let go of the mouse button.  Maybe those who used to see the white line would go into one of the other views, but I only ever used front and rear view, so I never saw it; it was NOT in all the views.

I should add this video was made during the Flash days, so maybe they added it to the PCEA version, but the white line definitely was not there in either the front or rear views prior to that.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 10:28 AM

MioKontic:
    I should add this video was made during the Flash days, so maybe they added it to the PCEA version, but the white line definitely was not there in either the front or rear views prior to tha

I went through my "archive" (I store my saved replays on you tube) and have a few that are over a year old. In those, the white line is there, but much thinner. I thought there was a white line in the flash days, but it only appeared if you held the cursor button down iirc.

• pmm711
    5,532 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 11:30 AM

Thick white lines should be illegal...nuf sed

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 11:41 AM

pmm711:

Nuf sed

EDIT: This message is brought to you by the Junior Moderation staff.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 2:23 PM

HamdenPro:

pmm711:

Nuf sed

I give up. 

What does "TOS" mean?

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 2:23 PM

HamdenPro:

pmm711:

Nuf sed

I give up. 

What does "TOS" mean?

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 2:42 PM

I was just wondering how we got off the topic of socks. I think it could even be a topic deserving of its own thread, pinned to the top of course.

RSS