Help › Forums

Putting: Thick White Line

Wed, Dec 13 2023 1:23 PM (73 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 4:33 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

BlackBogey:
    But the farther you are from the hole the line stays the same width while the hole shrinks in pixels

I wish my DING spot was as wide as this white line.

I suggest talking to your doctor. You will be amazed how far the little blue pill has come.

LMAO

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 5:28 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Well, that would be something to which one could aspire. 😉

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 8:30 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I suggest talking to your doctor. You will be amazed how far the little blue pill has come.

TopShelf2010:

NO, NO NO! I DIDN'T MEAN.....

Well I certainly put my foot somewhere.

I SAID MY FOOT!!!!!

I give up.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 9:16 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I SAID MY FOOT!!!!

Does this mean we can talk about socks again, because I can go on.

• craigswan
    31,052 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2023 2:07 AM
    Turkish socks and Odd socks work for me . Although if your feeling generous The London Sock company is good for christmas .
  • SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2023 12:18 PM

Robert1893:
    These days, I wish for socks! I'm being totally serious. At Christmas, I love getting socks! 

I do too.  Although, socks in your Christmas stocking sounds like something akin to a pregnancy.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 12:19 PM

SamSpayed:

WGT is saying on their Discord server that 

• it was an intended change
    • the line is there on every other putting view
    • you'll get used to it

Based on that, I'd say it's doubtful they'll roll back that change.  For the record, I don't like it either.  

Although I admit the line is a little thick, I personally love the fact that it is there now. Like Sam quoted from above, "the line is there on every other putting view". Before, you could get the line to show, but to do it you had to go to reverse view, then to green view, then out of green view. It was a long process to be able to take a glance at what you now get right from the start. 

So Thank you, WGT for this gr8 change! 

Let the h8 replies begin. LOL Seriously though, I really do like the change.

• RyjaTybas
    5,145 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 3:03 PM

BPeterson8256:
    So Thank you, WGT for this gr8 change! 

The biggest problem is that players who don't like it, have no option to TURN IT OFF.

You're entitled to your view, but it should be a personal choice. Lots of other things are.

The thick line is also basically UGLY - and spoils the landscape.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 3:38 PM

RyjaTybas:
    The thick line is also basically UGLY - and spoils the landscape.

The thick white ugly line "IS" useful! But the putt must be about 2 feet and straight. Wait. Those are "gimme" putts.

Nevermind.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 4:49 PM

BPeterson8256:
    I personally love the fact that it is there now.

Why???  The line does nothing!  It is a straight line, so it has absolutely no bearing on where you are going to hit your putt.  When playing real golf do you go and put a line down between you and the hole?  Of course not; if you did I believe it would be a 1 or 2 shot penalty!

BPeterson8256:
    the line is there on every other putting view

That is not true.  Like I said on the previous page, in 13 years I have never seen it in either the front view or rear view; they are the only 2 views I have ever used.  If it is in other views, so be it, but the statement is wrong that is was on 'every other view'.

RSS