Forums

Help › Forums

Putting: Thick White Line

Wed, Dec 13 2023 1:23 PM (73 replies)
  • Veddies
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 4:38 PM

How do I get rid of the new thick white line when I'm putting? Seems like it was just suddenly added to the game.....

• katton333
    681 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 8:00 PM

I'm here to find out also. So off-putting. 

Tony

• jenwren
    2,670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 8:06 PM

Also the broken white line as well.

jenwren

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 8:34 PM

It is definitely more obtrusive than the line u get in reverse view.I don't like it one bit, but unfortunately there is nothing in settings that allows u to get rid of it.

Stupid WGT should have made it optional.

I calculate the distance to hit, do a 180º with my avatar to get rid of the line, check the dot movement, go to reverse view and pick my aim spot and hit the required power.

• Billster67
    484 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 11:12 PM

Just noticed it today and it needs to go!!! What a stupid idea in the first place! Grrr

Bill

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 1:32 AM

Yep, had an update this morning and suddenly getting it too.  It's absolutely useless, I know where the hole is, IT'S GOT A GREAT BIG FLAGPOLE IN IT! I want to see the dots moving, not a line obscuring them.  Need to be able to turn it off.

Yet another useless addition, and more time wasted putting it there when better things could have been done.

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 8:03 AM

It's something I'd expect to see only in practice mode, not ranked rounds.  This game just keeps getting more and more arcade like.

• Tangleputt
    20 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 8:32 AM

I know where the cup is. I know where my putter is. Why am I getting a thick, straight white line from putter to cup? It makes reading the green break very difficult IMO, and It interferes with my ability to putt poorly, making things worse than they already are. I can't get rid of the line, either. Sorry, but this white line doesn't help me one bit. Please make it go away or at least help me out and make the line arc with the contour of the break to help me make a decision about how far left or right of the ding to aim the putt when I click. 

• RyjaTybas
    5,141 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 8:36 AM

This new white line on the green (alternating with black) is totally awful - and far too thick.

What a senseless and distracting addition to the game.

I hope it gets rescinded soon.

Fortunately, I do most of my putts using reverse view, which makes the line slightly less obtrusive.

• TyWebb79
    45 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 10:03 AM

Thumbs down here too on the new white line. Please make it optional so we can turn it off in the settings. Thanks

RSS