7,666 Posts
    Sat, Oct 7 2023 9:34 AM

ScottHope:

Subsidence Rob, lol.  ; )

😊

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Oct 7 2023 3:53 PM

Don't care for it either.  Before we know it classic won't be an option.

• BlackBogey
    279 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 7:04 AM

Robert1893:

SamSpayed:

WGT is saying on their Discord server that 

• it was an intended change

I don't know. There's a part of me that actually feels a bit better about it now. At least this time, the thing they messed up wasn't an unintended consequence of doing something else.

I mean, it demonstrates some level of competence, right? 😉

Well, sort of I guess.  There is the unintended issue they didn't expect where the line freezes on certain holes/angles.  (You can move the aimer and the line moves with it, then when you move the aimer again the line stays where you first "dropped" it).  I have screenshots of it but don't use an image hosting service so can't post here, but I believe @SamSpayed also has seen this and posted on Discord. 

So this does show a complete lack of QA testing before release to the general public, which I would personally call at best somewhat "risky" and at worst completely incompetent.  It also shows that they are still "guessing" at what the majority of people really want (this stupid putting line, cut-off jean shorts, clown masks, etc...) instead of actually fixing what would really make the most people happy (Showdown Bogey glitch, Coin Room wait times to find a game in high level rooms, not being able to select equipment/balls at first tee,  reinstating the "reputation" system to identify habitual quitters, etc...).

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 9:21 AM

cut-off jean shorts

Unsure where others may live, but around here these are a no no at courses.  Blue jeans, of any way shape or form, whether it be shorts or long pants, are not even allowed.  So apparently WGT knows nothing about course etiquette.  I am from California, but live elsewhere now, but as far as I know, it's not allowed in the Bay Area either, and that is where WGT is headquartered.

• BlackBogey
    279 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 11:05 AM

garyk49:

cut-off jean shorts

Unsure where others may live, but around here these are a no no at courses.  Blue jeans, of any way shape or form, whether it be shorts or long pants, are not even allowed.  So apparently WGT knows nothing about course etiquette.  I am from California, but live elsewhere now, but as far as I know, it's not allowed in the Bay Area either, and that is where WGT is headquartered.

Look, I meant no offense to anyone who enjoys buying/wearing any of the clothing items mentioned - to each their own!  I just threw them in as part what I see as ongoing non-essential "improvements" when there is already a laundry list of real, game effecting issues that aren't improved on (Showdowns/coin room delays/CC goals/quitters/ and on and on. 

Not to mention that this new white line "improvement" has already caused 1) the undesired in-game result I previously mentioned, that they should've been well aware of prior to release, 2) a public outcry against it by just springing it on us unannounced. 

I still can't understand why they wouldn't at least roll it out with the toggle on/off option, like the Standard/Classic grid style?  Then they could've made an announcement like "Hey, we added this new very wide and very obtrusive Forward View Putting Line with the latest update to see how popular it would be.  We hope you like it as much as we do, but we did make it optional so if you try it and don't like it you can go to settings and turn it back off." 

• Taz7466
    146 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 1:15 PM

garyk49:

cut-off jean shorts

I guess this would not be allowed on your snobby courses either?

Shot taken on one of the local courses in rural Tasmania. Some of us don't care how people look, as long as they take care of the course.

• GreenLaser
    177 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 6:21 PM

I'm puzzled about the type of thinking that would cause them to spend time putting that line on there.  It's not an improvement.  

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 7:39 PM

BlackBogey:

garyk49:

cut-off jean shorts

Look, I meant no offense to anyone who enjoys buying/wearing any of the clothing items mentioned - to each their own!  I just threw them in as part what I see as ongoing non-essential "improvements" when there is already a laundry list of real, game effecting issues that aren't improved on (Showdowns/coin room delays/CC goals/quitters/ and on and on. 

Not to mention that this new white line "improvement" has already caused 1) the undesired in-game result I previously mentioned, that they should've been well aware of prior to release, 2) a public outcry against it by just springing it on us unannounced. 

I still can't understand why they wouldn't at least roll it out with the toggle on/off option, like the Standard/Classic grid style?  Then they could've made an announcement like "Hey, we added this new very wide and very obtrusive Forward View Putting Line with the latest update to see how popular it would be.  We hope you like it as much as we do, but we did make it optional so if you try it and don't like it you can go to settings and turn it back off." 

The 2 Clubs we belong to in Florida, one a Country Club and one a Golf Club, well, you aren’t allowed cell phone usage past the parking lot, no jeans, shirts must be tucked in and belts are required, hats must come off anywhere indoors, and backward hats aren’t allowed anywhere at all, on the course and even in the parking lot.  The Country Club has carts and the Golf Club requires caddies.  If you break an etiquette rule you’ll receive a letter and your membership is suspended for 30 days.  Cameras are all over the place and getting caught on camera breaking a rule counts.  A second offense and you’re interviewed, well interrogated, and given a final suspension before being kicked…basically it’s a 3 strike rule.  I prefer the Country Club over the Golf Club as it’s way less stuffy.  John Daly is no longer welcome at the Country Club due to one really crazy antic of his.  Brady & Gronk are members of the Golf Club.  

The Golf Club also has a very strict profanity rule.  You will receive a letter and suspension.  One member had a private dinner party for 20 people and dropped over $60K, yes, you read that right, $60K.  The guys were letting their language fly and the member was not only suspended, but also received a pretty hefty fine.  Members are responsible for all guests.  The club only has 200 members.  He took his suspension and paid the fine…even though he dropped that $60K that night.  Rules are rules…and noncompliance is brutal.  BTW…there’s a 3-5 year wait list at both clubs now. 

So I completely understand Gary’s comments.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2023 4:51 PM

GreenLaser:

I'm puzzled about the type of thinking that would cause them to spend time putting that line on there.  It's not an improvement.  

It was intentional and done with the last update.

I wrote to support to complain and here's what they said...

Support (WGT)

Oct 9, 2023, 7:40 PM CDT

Hi,
    Thank you for the message. To keep putting views consistent across all views, the white aim line has been added from the other views to this view as well. Unfortunately there wouldn't currently be a way to disable this. We appreciate the feedback regarding this update.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services
    WGT screws up again.

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2023 10:38 PM

Support (WGT):
    To keep putting views consistent across all views, the white aim line has been added from the other views to this view as well. Unfortunately there wouldn't currently be a way to disable this.

Yeah, well, that's bulls---.  There is always a way to disable it.  Easiest way would be for WGT to just rollback their code to what it was before the change.  WGTNico even said in Discord that adding the thick white line in forward view "wasn't a heavy lift", meaning it didn't take them much programming effort.  They could disable it; they just don't want to.

All of the community's outrage over this change could have easily been avoided.  WGT could have posted some screenshots, either here in the Forums or in their Discord server, of what their proposed change would look like, and said, "We're thinking of making this change.  What do you think?"  

Instead, we get yet another ham-handed change from WGT that 99% of their customers don't want.

RSS