Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 7:28 AM

Pdb, you are always banging on about having a bad connection , I have read it from you time after time..

Maybe you can try this .

Scott might be able to endorse this .

In order to test in-flight wifi, Boeing fills their planes with potatoes.

Potatoes interfere with signals the same way as the human body.

The project was called Synthetic Personnel Using Dialectic Substitution (SPUDS)..

potatoes photoshopped into airplane seats

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 7:33 AM

MioKontic:
    Yes, I know how to use a computer, and right mouse clicking doesn't give me a 'close window' option, and I don't know which toolbar you are on about.  Also, are we still supposed to do this even if it allows us to continue, not knowing if we will get the proper score or 3 bogeys?

Ive played every SD since flash ended- Ive only had the bogey thing once and I think it was because I forgot it was SD round and I clicked retry/cancel without thinking. 

I fully believe that if it hangs up and you follow what HP told you- It will solve the issue for you until WGT gets a fix that sticks.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 7:34 AM

HP - thank you.  I think I've only been hit by the +3 once, and I think (not 100% certain as it was a while ago) it let me carry on, but then disregarded my score and gave me +3.  I'm sure I've read others have had this scenario too.

The only effective action is for WGT to replicate the problem (which can't be difficult seeing how many players come across it), and fix it.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 10:34 AM

HamdenPro:
    I installed 11 but WGT does not work with it. In addition, Win 11 does not support "drag and drop" or the tablet function with a 2-1 laptop.

OMG!

Really?

I just bought a new HP with Win 10 and they're wanting me to get my free Win 11 installed.

OH NO! 

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 10:52 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I just bought a new HP with Win 10 and they're wanting me to get my free Win 11 installed.

I can only tell you about my experience. I upgraded to Windows 11 a month ago. Other than minor things, I did not like, but would get used to, like getting a new cell phone, I noticed when I flipped my screen to tablet, nothing happened.  I also could not load WGT. It kept crashing with all kinds of error codes.

I went to Microsoft website and read about upgrade. It said that many games, and apps, are not supported yet. It also said Windows 11 does not support 2-1 convertible laptops and "drag and drop" is no longer a feature (this is important to me for work, makes life so much easier working with many documents at same time).

When you first upgrade to 11, the old version of 10 is still in your PC and you are able to convert back, easily, within 15 days (I believe).  I waited too long and my windows 10 was gone.  I had to go on Microsoft website and download Windows 10 installation to a USB and set my laptop to boot from USB. I was then able to reinstall 10.  Fortunately, everything I thought I would lose during the process was saved in a file labeled windows.000 in the operating system (OS) directory - so all good.

I reinstalled WGT and everything back the way it should be.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 11:20 AM

HamdenPro:
    I upgraded to Windows 11 a month ago. Other than minor things, I did not like, but would get used to, like getting a new cell phone, I noticed when I flipped my screen to tablet, nothing happened.  I also could not load WGT. It kept crashing with all kinds of error codes.

Good to know. Very important information.

Cell phones, for me, are to make phone calls, answer phone calls, block spam calls.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 11:41 AM

HamdenPro:
    I upgraded to Windows 11 a month ago. Other than minor things, I did not like, but would get used to, like getting a new cell phone, I noticed when I flipped my screen to tablet, nothing happened.  I also could not load WGT. It kept crashing with all kinds of error codes.

I don't have Windows 11 myself, but I have a thought.  In Windows 10, you can right-click an EXE file (eg. golf.exe) and run it in Compatibility Mode:

Is it possible in Windows 11 to run golf.exe in Windows 10 mode, to avoid the crashes and errors?  Or, if that doesn't work, maybe in Windows 8 or 7 mode?

Sorry to derail this thread.  I know the thread is supposed to be about coin room forfeiters.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 12:06 PM

SamSpayed:
    Is it possible in Windows 11 to run golf.exe in Windows 10 mode, to avoid the crashes and errors?  Or, if that doesn't work, maybe in Windows 8 or 7 mode?

I did not try. I was getting so many different error codes, and combined with the fact that the laptop - tablet conversion, and "drag and drop", not supported, I knew I was going back to 10.

According to Google search, your suggestion, as shown above, might work. I do know it will work with using Steam.

As per Microsoft website, they may get compatible drivers for laptop/tablet conversion but "drag and drop" is not a feature they intended on incorporating later.

FYI: If you do upgrade, and do not like it, make that decision quick so Windows 10 is still in your system to restore. When I reinstalled 10 with installation software, I was missing many proprietary drivers. I then had to go to ASUS website to download each driver, and update, separately. Until I did, not even the finger recognition worked. Big pain in .....If you have an older PC or Laptop, some drivers may no longer be available.

EDIT: Just remember, if there is another way, where there is Hope, there is Scott.

• Dwgwnr1969
    13 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 3:09 PM

Maybe because we were friends and now I guess u blocked me 

RSS