Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 7:05 AM

I am genuinely interested to know why a player might forfeit , I accept they might not win , but when they play their last putt and think I am going to get mine they forfeit . It is still a loss to them either way , but am I missing something , are there stats kept in coin rooms of number of losses that don’t take forfeiting into account. ? It makes no sense to me , they still lose their coins I still win , but it isn’t the correct behaviour , is it ?? 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 7:50 AM

• Bubsy04
    31 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:24 AM

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 5:39 PM

How they forfeit is the issue. It's the ones that forfeit by closing the program without clicking a button that says "end round" that are source of irritation. WGT thinks they had an internet disconnection, so it goes through the process of waiting for them, then counting down. It takes a couple of minutes. 

That player could select 'end round' and it would be over for both.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:27 PM

sammey1:
    How they forfeit is the issue.

Exactly!

Those who just "quit" cause the match technically nullified so you don't get any giftbox for apparel upgrade which is the only reason why I play in coin rooms. I know... you're probably sayin' "You play for what?!" but each to our own, eh?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 12:27 AM

I have a pop up list of players who purposely forfeiting by just exiting the app, and purposely forfeit, when I’m about to tap in for the win. I return the favor, I’m very nice that way.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 7:26 AM

Bubsy04:

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

Maybe it was simply a genuine question.

Bossbird is one of the nicest people on these boards. Taking a shot like that was both unwarranted and unnecessary.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 7:56 AM

Those of us who come to the forums regularly probably don't forfeit; at least without giving congratulations and exiting properly. What we need here is an answer from someone who slow plays, or continuously disconnects, or fails to forfeit properly by simply quitting.

They are the ones who could give us the answers we crave. Not likely to happen, however.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 9:00 AM

Thanks Robert, it was a genuine question , I just don’t understand what is gained by doing it . I didn’t know if there was something I was missing . Happy new year , my friend ! 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 9:06 AM

bossbird:

Thanks Robert, it was a genuine question , I just don’t understand what is gained by doing it . I didn’t know if there was something I was missing . Happy new year , my friend ! 

You're very welcome!

And Happy New Year to you as well.

RSS