Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • bossbird
    1,758 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 11:57 PM

Paul , no one is doubting WGT refunds entry fees , that is the good thing about WGT , they are fair with lost entry stakes. But you saying we can’t say you are wrong , is no different than you saying we are wrong. In all the years of playing in head to head coin room matches I am relaying my experiences. I have played coin rooms for many years , and still play a lot of Chelsea coin room games . Perhaps if it’s your connection that is the problem , WGT are being over generous to you , as it’s obviously down to your connection and not a fault with the game. My connection in rural France is not brilliant either , no fibre here ! WGT clearly state high speed internet is necessary to play the game , so not sure yours is good enough to take up all those man hours for all those reports you keep sending in. 

• pdb1
    23,452 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 12:36 AM

No doubt I have connection problems . But all I'm saying is the withdrawal or forfeit feature for coins is not as efficient as it is in the other MP formats .

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,698 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 12:01 AM

The game ends when the player either forfeits or just leaves the game (rude).

You get the coins and apparel (if you're playing for apparel). I've asked WGT about it and they said they're not addressing it yet. Probably not a high priority item for them. As they told me, you get the coins and apparel, just not the W credited to you.

In December, I counted 55 forfeits in my H2H rounds (of which 2 were mine. Sometimes you get in a predicament you can't get out of). I don't fault them for leaving and moving on to the next H2H.

• JDGHOST
    6,181 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:50 AM

If I was still playing coin games a forfeit  wouldn't bother me a bit ..."Easy win" I say?

BUT...Since i now ONLY play coin games when in the "Showdown" and a forfeit brings the dreaded "3 BOGEY GLITCH" into play...Well I HATE IT !!

A bit hypocritical I know lol 

• pdb1
    23,452 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:57 AM

I don't care about the W myself . I have never asked them about that . I have only reported games lost . Lost by glitches occurring before the tee causing the errors of which there are many to charge me falsely with the loss/forfeit and lost entry fee . That amounts to 90% of my errors and concerns .

There have been a few in game errors where it appeared that the opponent left the game . Which I should have been awarded the win . But showed that I forfeited . I reported those as well .

In each case . I got this message

Hi,

Thank you for contacting World Golf Tour.

After a review of this matter, we determined that a refund was due and credited your WGT account.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services

There have been a few in which I was awarded the win . But received no apparel , sometimes no score card . I reported any of those but didn't ask for any refund  .

In those cases I got this message .

Hi,

Thank you for your message. We are receiving similar reports and are currently investigating this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

There have bee

DuFussMcGoo:
    In December, I counted 55 forfeits in my H2H rounds

How did you know the forfeit count ?

• pdb1
    23,452 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:02 AM

JDGHOST:

If I was still playing coin games a forfeit  wouldn't bother me a bit ..."Easy win" I say?

BUT...Since i now ONLY play coin games when in the "Showdown" and a forfeit brings the dreaded "3 BOGEY GLITCH" into play...Well I HATE IT !!

A bit hypocritical I know lol 

Not at all hypocritical .

But did you know that during a Showdown . If your opponent forfeits . The round loads back up and allows you to continue solo ?

Hi,

Thank you for your message. A Showdown game is supposed to let you finish your holes and keep your score when your opponent forfeits. It should only give bogeys if you forfeit a Showdown game, or have unplayed holes when the leaderboard closes.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

• pdb1
    23,452 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:20 AM

These are not all as a result of my connections . And even the ones that are are not supposed to award me the forfeit .

bossbird:
    WGT are being over generous to you

Wow . I defend you all the time . To be unnoticed and get this in return .

bossbird:
    But you saying we can’t say you are wrong , is no different than you saying we are wrong.

I don't tell others they are wrong . I only ask that they refrain from telling me I am wrong .

When I interject a different perspective into a conversation . It is only to present that view or opinion .Even if I don't agree with it myself . It is in no way telling any other posters they are wrong .

It is like actually talking to a person who is not listening to anything you say . Then they continue on and say " I don't want to hear it . Don't argue with me ." That is how many of you come off . As if your experiences are the only ones that matter . And are superior to other points of view and that's it without question .

If you look back and read some of this . You will see that . But it is possible that you are completely blind to all that . I am speaking about a good many of you . No one in particular .

• Mythanatos
    2,132 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:28 AM

pdb1:
    But did you know that during a Showdown . If your opponent forfeits . The round loads back up and allows you to continue solo ?

Once again you know just enough about a topic  to be dangerous and misleading.

The statement is not entirely true but it's also not false.

There is more to it that that. 

If you can tell me the details of why i say that for this particular glitch then i will retract my statement.

until then I'm going to go with what has become the standard with you. you don't know what you're talking about well enough to do so to the huge degree that you do.

• bossbird
    1,758 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:54 AM

Pdb, you are always banging on about having a bad connection , I have read it from you time after time. My mention of WGT being over generous to you is in that respect only. That they clearly state that high speed is needed , and yet you continue to ask for coins back when you are the one with connection problems is expecting a lot from WGT. 
     I don’t need nor ask you to defend me , I am big enough to do that myself , infact until the last day or two , I have rarely responded to you , and will in all likelihood go back to doing that.
    I could continue with bla bla bla but what’s the point .  

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,698 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:27 AM

pdb1:
    How did you know the forfeit count ?

Being a "Bean Counter" in my past life, I like to count things. Yes, forfeits is one of the msny things I count...as well as wins, losses, points for the week on certain apparel I crave, games I've played but not for apparel. (God, who does that?) It's every day I do it while I play H2H.

RSS