Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 3:22 PM

MioKontic:
    When he knew he was going to lose he closed the game.  It reconnected us, then he closed the game again.  Then it said game no longer exists, and i neither won the worthless coins (which I don't care about) nor the sponsorship box.

That is the type of player, I guess, we can agree, is very inconsiderate. I do not mind if they forfeit but do it the right way. Closing out the game on someone is just wrong - IMO.

I would suggest, if that ever happens again, and you get the reconnecting message, try closing the game window out yourself and reload the game. It might bring you to the reloading screen and the opponent may then time out and you win by forfeit - just a thought.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 3:47 PM

HamdenPro:

I would suggest, if that ever happens again, and you get the reconnecting message, try closing the game window out yourself and reload the game. It might bring you to the reloading screen and the opponent may then time out and you win by forfeit - just a thought.

I didn't get a chance to close anything.  Because he disconnected (on purpose) it took me back to the lobby.  Then when he came back, the game loaded, and he immediately disconnected again.  Took me back to the lobby once more, then got the message about the game not existing, or whatever it was.  I had no control over any part of it from his first disconnection.  And like I said, he knew exactly what he was doing, and it was done on purpose so that no one won.  Unfotunately I didn't get his name.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 4:02 PM

MioKontic:
    I didn't get a chance to close anything.  Because he disconnected (on purpose) it took me back to the lobby.  Then when he came back, the game loaded, and he immediately disconnected again.  Took me back to the lobby once more, then got the message about the game not existing, or whatever it was.  I had no control over any part of it from his first disconnection.  And like I said, he knew exactly what he was doing, and it was done on purpose so that no one won.  Unfotunately I didn't get his name.

Sometimes what happens (not in your case) is the game gets stuck in a loop, and you get disconnected. When this happened, I contacted support. They want to know what room you were playing in, and THEY WILL GIVE YOU the lost coins. True, 500 coins ain't worth the effort. Mine was 10,000 and WGT credited me the coins. They won't ever give you the win, but coins (worthless as they are) are free for the asking.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 4:57 PM

MioKontic:
    It seems some have found a way of making sure you that if they don't win you don't win either!

yes, I do believe you are correct - I do believe some people have learned how to force the game to time out or go on pause - forcing you to try and figure out how to get the game back. 

I even see this in Bellagio where you KNOW people have played enough, been around the block enough - to know better but may still do this kind of thing.  Players are not wagering 2.5 M in bellagio with a weak or poor internet connection. 

So, when the game plays fine for the entire 3 holes and then after their last shot and they can't win and you have a putt to close out the game and the game now suddenly stalls out - it looks very very suspicious.  There could be an innocent explanation - but I have seen this happen far too often - even in Bellagio.

I would not be surprised if people are pulling this stunt in Monaco as well.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:01 PM

Frustration, embarrassment, butthurt and a quick termination ends it all and a fresh new game is started, rinse and repeat.  

I'm rarely in coin games except for apparel. I welcome polite quitters as more games/boxes are capable in the 30 minutes allotted. 

Also, it would seem to me that if I'm playing a sponsored 30 minutes that the game should keep me in the coin game selection room. Being put back onto the opening screen and having to click through the same 2-3 screens is so redundant...  and time wasting.  

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 6:42 AM

el3n1:

MioKontic:
    It seems some have found a way of making sure you that if they don't win you don't win either!

yes, I do believe you are correct - I do believe some people have learned how to force the game to time out or go on pause - forcing you to try and figure out how to get the game back. 

I even see this in Bellagio where you KNOW people have played enough, been around the block enough - to know better but may still do this kind of thing.  Players are not wagering 2.5 M in bellagio with a weak or poor internet connection. 

So, when the game plays fine for the entire 3 holes and then after their last shot and they can't win and you have a putt to close out the game and the game now suddenly stalls out - it looks very very suspicious.  There could be an innocent explanation - but I have seen this happen far too often - even in Bellagio.

I would not be surprised if people are pulling this stunt in Monaco as well.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 8:12 AM

funny that someone playing easy course layouts to artificially lower their average has an opinion on others who have demonstrated more consistency over a wider range of courses and conditions while challenging themselves in tougher events.

funny how - opinions of wanna be tour champs that don't challenge themselves have an opinion about everyone else.  

grow up. or just go back to another apparel enabled round on the back 9 of WC where going low is about the same as playing red tees.  no shortage of red tee champs either. 

yes you still need to learn how to play and still execute shots-  but this game is far more than the easy course layouts where scoring can go so artificially low. 

I can respect opinion of those who challenge themselves and work at the game - but those who just seek to troll and belittle others -gets old.  so again, grow up.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 8:38 AM

PureGro1:

If this is directed at ed, you do realize he has considerable experience playing the game and is extremely knowledgable about a number of aspects of it, including coin-room play. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better student of the game.

Not to put too fine a point on it, he is the "source" of what he posts and doesn't need to cite other "sources." It's fine if you disagree with his opinions. But I wouldn't dismiss his thoughts out of hand. Besides, he included plenty of qualifiers, indicating what he stated wasn't a certainty and is open to other explanations. 

If I'm misunderstanding the intent of the meme, I apologize. 

RSS