Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:04 PM

pdb1:
    But did you know that during a Showdown . If your opponent forfeits . The round loads back up and allows you to continue solo ?

Yes key word "SUPPOSED" to allow me to finish and sometimes it does with NO issue

But I have 2 other scenarios that can and have occured 

1. It will NOT count any of the three holes played (Depending on when my opponent forfeited) And I get to just replay the same holes ...No Harm no foul (Just happened in last Showdown)

OR 2.  And I've had this happen more times then I'd care to mention ...Opponent forfeits or just X's out and the game kinda freezes and I already know I'm screwed!! I wait and wait then finally try backing out of the launcher and coming back in to the dreaded message

"I forfeited"  or "Neither you or your opponent completed your round"

And BOOM 3 Bogeys!!  

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:23 PM

JDGHOST:
    I wait and wait then finally try backing out of the launcher and coming back in to the dreaded message

There is another thread discussing just this issue.

It appears that closing the game out using the task manager, or right mouse click and close window, from icon on tool bar, then reloading, brings you back to game where you were, score intact.

Hitting cancel or "backtracking" seems to cause you to either lose all progress or get the dreaded 3 bogeys.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:58 PM

Mythanatos:

pdb1:
    But did you know that during a Showdown . If your opponent forfeits . The round loads back up and allows you to continue solo ?

The statement is not entirely true but it's also not false.

There is more to it that that. 

If you can tell me the details of why i say that for this particular glitch then i will retract my statement.

Hmmm... could the answer possibly be something Mythanatos has said here in the Forums maybe 100 times before? 🧐

HamdenPro:

It appears that closing the game out using the task manager, or right mouse click and close window, from icon on tool bar, then reloading, brings you back to game where you were, score intact.

Hitting cancel or "backtracking" seems to cause you to either lose all progress or get the dreaded 3 bogeys.

DING 🔔 DING 🔔 DING 🔔 DING 🔔 

We have a winner!

Paul, can you please make Steff a trophy for correctly answering the question Mythanatos posed? 🏆 😃

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 2:25 AM

JDGHOST:

If I was still playing coin games a forfeit  wouldn't bother me a bit ..."Easy win" I say?

BUT...Since i now ONLY play coin games when in the "Showdown" and a forfeit brings the dreaded "3 BOGEY GLITCH" into play...Well I HATE IT !!

A bit hypocritical I know lol 

I have about 500 points to get for a level 10 shirt, after which I won't play the worthless coin games any more except for showdowns.

Apart from the ettiquette of finishing a game, the above is the only real good reason for not quitting in the middle of a game.  In the last showdown this past weekend I had 2 quitters - one on the first tee even before either of us had teed off, and the other after his last putt when he knew he couldn't win.  I was fortunate that I was able to complete both games and get my actual score rather than 3 bogeys.  However...

pdb1:

Hi,

Thank you for your message. A Showdown game is supposed to let you finish your holes and keep your score when your opponent forfeits. It should only give bogeys if you forfeit a Showdown game, or have unplayed holes when the leaderboard closes.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

... maybe the new forum moderator would like to follow this up with the powers that be; the game is 'supposed' to let you finish your holes and keep your score... but it doesn't always!  Hundreds of players have complained about this issue ever since showdowns started, and as far as I can tell WGT have not replied even once to acknowledge the problem, or what they are doing about it.  Going by the response WGT gave to pdb1, it seems they don't think there is a problem, despite what hundreds of mambers have been saying for the last couple of years!

Finally, HP - what do you mean by this as it doesn't make sense to me...

HamdenPro:

or right mouse click and close window, from icon on tool bar,

Yes, I know how to use a computer, and right mouse clicking doesn't give me a 'close window' option, and I don't know which toolbar you are on about.  Also, are we still supposed to do this even if it allows us to continue, not knowing if we will get the proper score or 3 bogeys?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:00 AM

MioKontic:
    right mouse clicking doesn't give me a 'close window' option, and I don't know which toolbar you are on about

Tool bar, on my laptop at bottom. I right mouse click the WGT icon and this gives the option to close window.

MioKontic:
    Also, are we still supposed to do this even if it allows us to continue, not knowing if we will get the proper score or 3 bogeys?

If it allows you to continue, then no need to do anything but continue. When your opponent quits, and you are either spinning, or game says "reconnecting" - then close out window right away - at least I find this works for me.

EDIT:  If you play full screen, like I do, then first have to hit "windows" key to escape from game and get to the tool bar.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:36 AM

If I’m not mistaken this is a Win 11 screen and function?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:48 AM

Cicero733:
    If I’m not mistaken this is a Win 11 screen and function?

Nope - Widows 10.

I installed 11 but WGT does not work with it. In addition, Win 11 does not support "drag and drop" or the tablet function with a 2-1 laptop.

RSS