Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • I2putt4green
    13 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 3:19 AM

bossbird:

I am genuinely interested to know why a player might forfeit , I accept they might not win , but when they play their last putt and think I am going to get mine they forfeit . It is still a loss to them either way , but am I missing something , are there stats kept in coin rooms of number of losses that don’t take forfeiting into account. ? It makes no sense to me , they still lose their coins I still win , but it isn’t the correct behaviour , is it ?? 

As you have gathered from the responses to your inquiry, there are numerous reasons that players have for bailing. Personally, I can only play the mobile version when connected to a wifi connection. And I'll admit that there have been times when the connectiom was lost during game play and I may not even notice that the connection was lost, or if I did notice it I was unsuccessful in restoring the connection in time to rejoin the match. Which of course the WGT app inevitably considers this to be a forfeiture on my part. Another scenario that I've encountered on more than one occasion is that I might start a match and the next thing you know, life interrupts. For whatever reason, something more important than playing a virtual game has required me to divert my attention to reality. And one time I started a match and as my opponent contemplated his/her the shot, I was so dead tired that I dozed off. But I guess my point is everyone may have different reasons for doing what they do. Although it may have seemed rude to my opponent, it was not my intent to be rude or disrespectful. It just happens. I try to live a life that follows the golden rule. *** happens, and when it happens to me I process it and move on. After all, it's just a game.

My apologies to any of you that may have had this happen in a match against me. It was not my intent to be rude nor disrespectful.

Ya'll have a great day. May all your virtual drives be long and straight, and all your virtual putts be gimmes!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:12 AM

I think this has been discussed to death now , but I have one more observation , that is not to do with connection issues which I do appreciate happens for some people , quite often. My gripe is when the disappearing act happens on the green when putting is all that stands between a win and a loss. A lot of forfeiting happens at this point . This is what I don’t understand , as my putting stinks and I can easily miss a three footer , some people just dont give it a go. 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:32 AM

bossbird:
    My gripe is when the disappearing act happens on the green when putting is all that stands between a win and a loss. A lot of forfeiting happens at this point . This is what I don’t understand

My putting can be quite poor at times. I, for one, love when someone forfeits during a coin match, which I only play when sponsors are available.

As far as I am concerned, it is a quick easy win of coins and a gift box. It actually saves time rather than have to wait to putt out and/or wasting more time in a tie breaker.  I play in the Rio room. Given the amount of time the sponsorship lasts, I can get up to 6 matches. If players forfeit, I sometimes can squeeze in a 7th match.

Nonetheless, I have never forfeited, even if I know I will lose. I do not believe in forfeiting but will not complain if someone wants to give me the win.  There have been times when I know the other player has no chance in winning and I will send a chat telling them to just forfeit and save the hits on their ball. Some actually do - LOL.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:49 AM

HamdenPro:
    There have been times when I know the other player has no chance in winning and I will send a chat telling them to just forfeit and save the hits on their ball. Some actually do - LOL.

I was 1 stroke up, You tricked me! 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 10:26 AM

HamdenPro:
    My putting can be quite poor at times.

I seem to recall a recent match I had with you and Sam. We were at Merion, playing from the back tees, on Championship speed greens, on a par 4 hole on the back 9 and you sunk a 15 footer (maybe it was longer) from above the hole. The putt made a 90 degree left turn right at the hole for a birdie 3. It was a memorable putt.

I would say your putting was exceptional that day!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:02 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

It was a memorable putt.

I would say your putting was exceptional that day!

My putting can be quite lucky at times as well.

Thank you for your kind reply.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:50 PM

PureGro1:

I was 1 stroke up, You tricked me! 

Nah, as I seem to recall, it was an alt match, and you were totally going to lose!!! 

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:58 PM

I don't play coin games any more, I have the two apparel items I wanted.  However, when I was playing a few weeks ago I came across a player in a single hole room (Rio).  When he knew he was going to lose he closed the game.  It reconnected us, then he closed the game again.  Then it said game no longer exists, and i neither won the worthless coins (which I don't care about) nor the sponsorship box.

It seems some have found a way of making sure you that if they don't win you don't win either!

RSS