Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop Update 11/4/19

Fri, Nov 8 2019 12:44 PM (68 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:48 AM

mrm6400:

Need some help with Apparel and Upgrades ...

I understand with sponsorship you able to get different apparel and upgrade golfer abilities.

I do not see any apparel that will give more distance to our driver.

Will this come later or am I just missing something.

Seems like one of the first items of apparel had a small increase in driver but maxed out so quick I switched too another item.. But have not seen any apparel item since that will give more distance to driver.

Can anyone help me to better understand the apparel upgrades.

Thanks,

Michael

The swing edge hat/apparel improves your driver and 3 wood distances. My titleist driver now goes 296, and 3 wood 254. 
    Probably further if you upgraded your apparel more? 

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:50 AM

mrm6400:

Can anyone help me to better understand the apparel upgrades.

Thanks,

Michael

You unlock driver distance with most caps that have visor... Most shirts give iron distance, Pants and shoes are about putting forgiveness/precision. Don't know why and when thay are coming in those packages. Some items are also marked as rare or epic

Anyway, I avoided most distance changes except with driver. Even driver can trick you cause tees are changing, you think you can reach but not...or you play over everything...

This apparel stuff is making you forget every day what you known about your game.. Once I wore something that gave iron spin +30...My shots were incredibly high and short. Didnt know whats happening...till i found it there in apparel. Then i burned that item :)  

Its basicly like golfer who wokes up everyday, and learning shots again..Especially if u change balls also often, than you dont have clue whats going on

Nik

Edit : it's no exactly caps that gives you driver distance...I checked..it's only 1 Swing edge cap. Think you should get it if u always set SE as sponsor

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 10:05 AM

mrm6400:

So do I Michael :) how to make the powers that be get rid of this ridiculous idea would be a start :) lol

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 2:24 PM

I did install the PC version 2 weeks ago on a 10 year old Dell and had no problems at all.I played a 3 hole random and the player looks really bad.Tiger woods 99 looked 100% better and that was 20 years ago.

Turned the old Dell back on today and looks like  Wgt took maybe 3 updates all smoothly.

Thought I would look around and I have mixed feelings.I didn't want to join a coin room because I aint going start buying coins to gamble so that's the first check for no thanks.

Next tried the top golf "driving range".....to arcade like so that's a second no thanks check.

So far that's 2 negative checks against.I play on a 2018 iMac 28" and hoping they do come out with a Mac version before the Web/Flash version is turned off.If no Mac version I think rather than buying a PC I would be better off buying the Sony Ps5 next year 2020.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:36 PM

Tigerpaw509:
    I aint going start buying coins to gamble so that's the first check for no thanks.

Coins aren't credits. Not 100% sure how the fastest way to accumulate them is but I have a few hundred thousand I got accidently. Daily spinners and weird things like that. More arcade stuff but it'll get you into those rooms.  :-)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:26 PM

YankeeJim:
    I have a few hundred thousand I got accidently.

Dont believe it was an accident ... wgt awards coins for each level you progress...  the coins then populate your account as soon as you log in to the mobile platform... every desktop player  has unknowingly been building a stash of coins even without playing on mobile. 

If you are in the upper 90 or 100 levels you will have hundreds of thousands especially if you never used them .

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:25 AM

Call the coins what you will but they cost real money except for the few free ones Wgt gives daily if you spin the wheel of coins .

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:30 AM

WGTChampion:
    Mouse wheel can now be used to switch between clubs

Just a quick point on this. You need to change the system setting on your mouse wheel to scroll one line at a time instead of the default 3 lines in order for this to work properly. Otherwise as previously commented, when you scroll it skips every other club. My issue is that having to change this at the system level affects my scrolling everywhere else. Is it possible for WGT to adapt the scrolling of clubs to work properly at the standard 3 lines setting? Ideally, the WGT game settings should not affect my overall PC functions. Thanks.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:43 AM

Baldace:

mrm6400:

So do I Michael :) how to make the powers that be get rid of this ridiculous idea would be a start :) lol

I actually really like the idea of apparel bonuses because it creates some diversity and forces even players with top equipment to make certain trade-offs with their clubs. As far as I can tell (not having played enough coin games to have any apparel beyond level 4) you can't just settle for the high end equipment that has the best properties in every single aspect as you currently can. Instead you'll have to choose if you prefer added distance over bigger iron sweet spot; more power from the rough or more forgiving putter etc. 

I'd imagine having different options could also be very useful on a variety of courses. It will be a lot more work than before to figure out what works best on which course, and you'll have to re-map your clubs if you're dependent on that, but to me that's a feature, not a bug.

P.S. Is there an ETA on the Mac version and the addition of the uneven lies format yet?

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:08 AM

I like idea of coins and apparel in a way that it will give you possibility to play free. If you choose it so. Having some sort of equipment already, you take house ball, dress your best apparel and you ll have some sort of spin, distance of whatever you need. Of course ,you ll have it only where apparel is allowed but there is still something to play for fun

Nik

RSS