Forums

Help › Forums

Do all players have the same pin positions in comps?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 5 2024 11:27 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 10:15 AM

When I set a CC comp on a course with alternative pins - such as St Andrews and now PGA - do all the players in that comp face exactly the same pin positions throughout the tournament.

I'd always assumed that players did have the same pins, but some have doubts.

Rather than conduct a CC experiment, I'm sure this issue must have been settled already.

So if anyone knows for sure, I'd like to know the answer.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 10:31 AM

RyjaTybas:

When I set a CC comp on a course with alternative pins - such as St Andrews and now PGA - do all the players in that comp face exactly the same pin positions throughout the tournament.

Rather than conduct a CC experiment, I'm sure this issue must have been settled already.

One way to find out would be to ask some of your members what hole locations they had in the tourney.

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 11:32 AM

I tried that, but there were disputes and memory lapses. That's why I thought of an experimental comp - where players keep a closer watch.

But if the issue has already been settled, I won't need to bother!

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 12:24 PM

Knowing WGT, no!  I have noticed lately that when I play coin games, match play, skins, and stroke play, I am often assigned yellow, white, or red tees despite the fact I am at the Legend level and should  be hitting from black tees.  I do understand that tees are set in some games by the creator of the game but really doesn't make sense in coin games.  Point being is there are inconsistencies across WGT.

• AlaskanDame
    18,971 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 1:10 PM

I know for sure that pin positions change in Showdowns since some of my members, who have repeated the same 3 holes, have reported that to the club.

I do not know if they change in club comps.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 8:19 PM

They do.  Many times have played an unlimited tourney and seen different pin locations during rounds.  Easiest to notice is pin location of the first hole of BPB.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2024 12:03 AM

RyjaTybas:

No, and you can verify it very easily. Go and have a ranked round at Pebble Beach for a example (stroke). The conditions are locked. On the first tee, check the back camera to see the pin location. Restart 3-4 times and you 'll see the pin location changing.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2024 7:03 AM

Yiannis1970:

RyjaTybas:

No, and you can verify it very easily. Go and have a ranked round at Pebble Beach for a example (stroke). The conditions are locked. On the first tee, check the back camera to see the pin location. Restart 3-4 times and you 'll see the pin location changing.

He's talking about tournaments and to my knowledge, everyone plays the same pins 😉

One could test it though, by creating an unlimited play tourney and restart 10 times. Although, I'm 99,99999999999% sure the pins don't change. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2024 10:24 AM

Jure...

''When I set a CC comp....''

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2024 1:08 PM

Yiannis1970:

Jure...

''When I set a CC comp....''

Yes, mate, CC tourney, which should, to my knowledge have the same pins for everyone who plays it. The same as WGT tourneys of any type and origin. While your reply was describing a solo ranked round and was correct, but for solo ranked rounds, not CC tourneys 😉

• PAGES
RSS