Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop Update 11/4/19

Fri, Nov 8 2019 12:44 PM (68 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:31 AM

ScottHope:

Maybe we need to check our mousewheel scroll settings, you can adjust it to scroll pages by large amounts for a little wheel movement.  : )

For Windows 10

Settings>Devices>Mouse and you can adjust how may lines it scrolls

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:18 AM

I'm not convinced it is the scroll settings now.

It seems that every time I change the game screen resolution, the jumps between the clubs upon scrolling the mouse wheel get bigger. It doesn't matter what resolution I have set, every time I change it, the jumps increase. I'm now jumping six clubs every scroll, lol.

EDIT : Changed the resolution twice more, now jumping eight clubs.  8 )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:24 AM

WGTChampion:
    I just tested this again and I am able to scroll easily through every single club. It may be that you have your mouse to scroll differently than default

That was it, thanks for the prompt response.  :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 6:21 AM

ScottHope:

It seems that every time I change the game screen resolution, the jumps between the clubs upon scrolling the mouse wheel get bigger. It doesn't matter what resolution I have set, every time I change it, the jumps increase. I'm now jumping six clubs every scroll, lol.

I have it the scroll wheel shut off anyway. I have a game mouse

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 6:57 AM

I agree with Don.

We appreciate the ability to use the scroll function to change clubs and or putting distance but it still needs some work.

When I use scroll on approach shots it skips a club.  One scroll should go up or down one club.  For example :

Default club is 4 iron for approach. But I wish to use the 5 iron.  When I scroll down one it goes to 6 iron as if 5 iron is not there. But you can still go and click on club and click on 5 iron and it will get to it that way.  But that defeats the purpose.  So what needs to happens is to adjust the code so that all clubs scroll correctly with middle scroll on mouse.

Same thing happens when putting.  You might have default of 15 ft but wish to use 30 ft but when you scroll one time it goes to 60 so you have to still do it manually as listed above.

Just wanted to share experiences so the programmers can go back and correct.

Thanks for the updates and improvements.

Keep them coming.

Michael

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 7:22 AM

ScottHope:

Hi Scott,

I was jumping two clubs at a time & thought it's my Mouse settings so i tinkered with them but was still jumping two clubs at a time so reverted back to the settings i had, still at this point jumping two clubs at a time but after the Big Update there seemed to be a smaller one later as the resolution issue someone else had was sorted & hey presto the scroll wheel now goes through the clubs & or Scale on putter one club/Scale at a time

Ken

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 7:57 AM

Thanks Ken & Don.

It's very convenient to change the clubs by mousewheel, but not with this jump glitch.

Have you tried changing the resolution in the game to see what happens?

Just discovered that the jumps also increase if I quit a game and then start another one.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 8:33 AM

mrm6400:
    Just wanted to share experiences so the programmers can go back and correct.

Nothing to program, WGT_Champion fixed it above.  :-)

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 8:38 AM

Haven't noticed any rule why scroll jump happens... If it jumps I shut it down and start again and it works normally..

.Anyway, game is so hard on putts, lost my mind over past few days playing it. Im even scared now to play it :) Doing unevens on flash version comes like relaxation therapy...

Nik

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:24 AM

Need some help with Apparel and Upgrades ...

I understand with sponsorship you able to get different apparel and upgrade golfer abilities.

I do not see any apparel that will give more distance to our driver.

Will this come later or am I just missing something.

Seems like one of the first items of apparel had a small increase in driver but maxed out so quick I switched too another item.. But have not seen any apparel item since that will give more distance to driver.

Can anyone help me to better understand the apparel upgrades.

Thanks,

Michael

RSS