Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop Update 11/4/19

Fri, Nov 8 2019 12:44 PM (68 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 8:41 AM

Hi everyone,

The new update will be coming shortly. To receive the update all you need to do is restart the game. The launcher will automatically download the update.

Update Notes:

- Showdown Events are now be available on Desktop (Harvest Showdown starts today!)

- Mouse wheel can now be used to switch between clubs

- Cameras can be changed with spacebar

- Aimer can now be dragged from the mini map

- Increased size of the putting grid when moving the aimer

- Fixed the issue when installing to Windows for players using languages other than English

- Fixed issues with the Seasonal Turkey apparel

_CHAMPION

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 9:10 AM

This is great and much appreciated.  A sincere thanks.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 9:23 AM

Hey Champ,

As Bogeyone said, much appreciated indeed!

Is the ability to drag from the mini map also valid for the mobile version?

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 9:27 AM

Now you only have to update the update. because it is stuck with message " Launcher.exe is being used by another process..retrying "

Nik

edit: It updated..all is fine ..Just took some time...

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 10:27 AM

There are a couple bugs with the new Desktop Update, one of which is pretty major:

1.  When you select the Harvest event button, the initial pop-up screens explaining the event do not show all the text and pictures within the pop-up box.  They are cut off at the sides.  

2.  If you select Options (the sprocket at the lower right), then Video, the options are all muddled together.  At that point, the other options tabs (home, audio, faq) cannot be selected, and exiting the app causes golf.exe to stop working with a Windows error.  At that point other Windows applications cannot be accessed.  Task Manager can be launched, but will not permit you to force-stop golf.exe.  The only way to do it is to restart Windows.  THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.

EDIT:  Here is a screenshot of what I see when I select Options | Video:

All of this on Windows 10 with the game set to full-screen 16x9 and 1920x1080 resolution.

On a side note.... Thank you for providing a change log for the new release.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:09 AM

Looking into it. Thanks for the report. 

_CHAMPION 

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:23 AM

WGTChampion:

Looking into it. Thanks for the report. 

_CHAMPION 

I can't seem to get my club's tournaments to play since installing the update  Is it just me or are others running into this?

Disregard. It was my mistake. I just successfully launched and played a club tournament.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:50 AM

I wonder what's the percentage of lost balls in this showdown...Unknown tees, strong winds, big elevations to flag, 45 second clock ..and weeee :))

Nik

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:59 AM

SamSpayed:
    2.  If you select Options (the sprocket at the lower right), then Video, the options are all muddled together.  At that point, the other options tabs (home, audio, faq) cannot be selected, and exiting the app causes golf.exe to stop working with a Windows error.  At that point other Windows applications cannot be accessed.  Task Manager can be launched, but will not permit you to force-stop golf.exe.  The only way to do it is to restart Windows. 

A quick update on this.  When golf.exe stops working, the Windows dialog box gives you 2 options:  Debug and Close Program.  If I select Debug, the problem is as described above and I have to restart Windows.  But if I select Close Program, the program closes and I do not have to restart Windows.

Hope this helps.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 12:21 PM

Awesome update! if Wgt/Topgolf make consistent updates like this I think many will be pleased!

Thank you Champion

RSS