Help › Forums

Dear Pabby

Mon, Dec 13 2021 8:56 AM (251 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 3:28 PM

opyeuclid:

Dear Pabby .

On a side note , being  a Reformed forum Troll .  I gave this thread a 5 star ,  I might not post much but do see , but do see how the stars go down . Some one other has time to down star for nothing better to do . Why would something to say not be said ?  

Riddle me that Bat Man .

Dear Pabby .  Yesterday this thread had said 5 star at the time of that post .  Now then why would someone have the reason to down star a good hearted fun thread like this . 

OPY

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 3:45 PM

Dear Pabby

Thanks for advice, you were nearly right, the bar lady had my keys so i visited her to get them.

Anyway some advice please, i was burried in the rough and decided to grip right down the shaft and explode on it.

Problem is she would not then return my keys

Woe is me, help please.

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 4:58 PM

Dear Pabby,

How are we going to reconcile Relativity with Quantum physics?

Yours sincerely

Gherkinhead

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:37 PM

ct690911:

As a concerned "proof reader", how did you miss the questions not having question marks?

Question marks would be part of grammar.  I never said I was the grammar police.

I was proofing for content and clarification.

Hamburger, Burger, same thing, different terminology, but still contains no pig(hog).

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:18 PM

ct690911:

garyk49:

pmm711:

craigswan:

Dear abby

††††

No wonder you can't get a complete answer.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Just look who you addressed this to.

Sample question - Why do Canadians call their .ham, bacon .

Do they call their .bacon , ham .

And then would that mean their hamburgers would be bacon burgers .

Tell him to answer no to this fake test as there is no PIG in a hamburger.

Craig,

Pabby

Just a concerned proof reader.

As a concerned "proof reader", how did you miss the questions not having question marks?

Canadians call ham; ham. We call bacon; bacon. We call burgers; burgers (unless garnished with cheese...then we call them cheeseburgers). Pig as a burger?...yup. We call them pulled pork burgers.:)

ct

CT,

The questions without question marks...

Those needed more attention than just some review by a proof reader.  That's why I shook them off as meaningless piffle or else I would have sent in the white coats with a straight jacket.

Good Luck! (with you and Gary trying to stay out of business that a professional can only truly handle)

Pabby

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:48 PM

opyeuclid:

opyeuclid:

Dear Pabby .

On a side note , being  a Reformed forum Troll .  I gave this thread a 5 star ,  I might not post much but do see , but do see how the stars go down . Some one other has time to down star for nothing better to do . Why would something to say not be said ?  

Riddle me that Bat Man .

Dear Pabby .  Yesterday this thread had said 5 star at the time of that post .  Now then why would someone have the reason to down star a good hearted fun thread like this . 

OPY

OPY-Wan Kenobi ,

As for a 5-Star, 4-Star, or whatever rating...Pabby doesn't worry about critics and what they think...and neither should you. 

Good Luck! (with the accuracy of star ratings on Yelp, WGT, Angie's List, etc.)

Pabby

P.S.  And I've forwarded your riddle to Gotham City as I'd never answer a question intended for Batman.  Initial feedback didn't come from The Caped Crusader but from Commissioner Gordon via Robin... "Batman is tied up at the moment and didn't provide any further details".  There's your answer to that one,

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:53 PM

Dear pabby ,

I want to update my twitter avator to something funny .

Should it be a funny picture or a funny slogan?

I'm not convinced men should be on Twitter at all. Something doesn't feel right about it. I can't picture Clark Gable or Cary Grant tippy-tapping on the keyboard all day, desperate to share their misspelt gossip and irrelevant TV commentary with anyone who's listening.

I like tweeting. But then, I am craven and needy. And that doesn't matter, as I don't care if women don't want to sleep with me. Oh, who am I kidding; of course I care if women don't want to sleep with me. However, it is not an immediate practical problem.

By the way, I am not talking to you, the chap who wrote this letter. I'm talking to other men who might be eavesdropping. The chap who wrote this letter thinks he ought to be decorating his Twitter page with a "funny avatar".

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:00 AM

bubbsboy:

Dear Pabby

Thanks for advice, you were nearly right, the bar lady had my keys so i visited her to get them.

Anyway some advice please, i was burried in the rough and decided to grip right down the shaft and explode on it.

Problem is she would not then return my keys

Woe is me, help please.

Boobs,

Looks like you were having a good ole time in that there rough...BUT then allowed the little head to take over the thinking for you.

I think "the bar lady" (sheesh...so typical in these sort of instances to leave the rough without nary a name) just needs to keep you on hold for the next 30-days or so.  If the rabbit doesn't die you'll get back your keys.  If the opposite occurs...I hope that time spent in said rough was worth a life sentence.

Good Luck! (with rigging the results)

Pabby

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:15 AM

So pabby going back to my son's wedding in Miami .

I'm a  musician so I'm trying to decide which organ to pack for the wedding guests .

I prefer the teenie genie Hammond aurora .

Have you ever touched a Hammond  and experienced the joy of the organ ?

And is it appropriate to wear a kilt whilst playing with my organ ?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:36 AM

gherkinhead1:

Dear Pabby,

How are we going to reconcile Relativity with Quantum physics?

Yours sincerely

Gherkinhead

Gherkinhead,

If we start to talk about the quantum version of tensor theories on here when will we actually have time to golf?

My advice: Find a like-minded hole for your gherkin and start testing whether like particles do in fact attract gravitationally.  Go to St. Andrews and begin testing the hole by trying to enter it from the rough, you might have to move behind the rough to get a better view as the camera angles towards the hole are better from there...in fact, much, much better...then go a bit north and perform further testing between the mounds just past the Inney Bunker...finish the testing by dropping the results north of the neck and by the mouth of the Swilcan Burn.

Good Luck! (with foregoing the search for answers to mind boggling questions about reality)

Pabby

RSS