Help › Forums

Dear Pabby

Mon, Dec 13 2021 8:56 AM (251 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 7:00 AM

RonCarr:

Dear Pappy  

I need your advice on my golf game,,Seems I just cant advance to tour Legend..I am guessing I should have quite playing when I have had bad rounds but after many years playing I have never stopped a round because of the score,I have never quit any round,..Could this be the problem??I really enjoy the game here since being disabled,I can never play Real golf anymore..So should I take a break for a while and let my 906 days played (missed 3 days for the last heart attack) run out and start over in 2018?  

Thanks 

Heart Broken and Confused 

Ron   

PS.I always have tongue out to the left when i swing..

Ron,

You're an inspiration to me and I find it highly commendable that you play this game as honorably as you do.  You, my man, should not feel heart broken and confused in any way about your Legend status and struggle to reach the Tour Legend tier.

You see, my brother Andy passed on to The Lord last February 3rd after a 10 1/2 month battle with AML, Acute Myeloid Leukemia.  He only reached the Master tier here on WGT but he kept striving daily to reach other goals in the game.  Sure he wanted to make it to Tour Master, Legend, and then Tour Legend...but his organs were breaking down due to the lack of oxygenated blood.  He lost stamina and focus due to radiation and chemotherapy.  His finger couldn't click on the mouse at the right time as he was trying to tell it to do.  But you know what?  He never stopped playing.  He told me the game was his escape from his pain.  YES...this crazy, virtual game called WGT Golf was his way of saying FU to his cancer.  He also became a member of The Peoples Club a short time before he passed away.  He loved it there within their CC fence...so much that he even tried to get me to leave Wooden Tee and join him there.  He loved every single member of The Peoples Club.  I'd venture to say he enjoyed some of them even better than members of our own family.  He escaped his RL pain with his virtual world golf friends...you gotta love that...just gotta love that passion.

So if you are able, and have the will and desire, please do yourself, and all of us who play this game, a favor and stick with it.  Keep your day's played streak alive.  Keep trying to tick even just .01 closer to that 60 average needed to reach TL.  Please know I'll be cheering you on every single day...and I'm sure I won't be alone and that others in this game will join me in doing so..  We will all be watching you continue to strive towards your virtual golf game goals. 

You're already a WGT Champion in my book.  AND...you know already know the tag line...NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER!!!!!!

Prayers your way from Atlanta, GA...and I'm sure from all across this great globe of ours!

Good Luck!

Pabby

P.S. About the tongue...try it to the right.  It worked for me. :-b

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 7:35 AM

Dear abby .

My son is nervous about taking his American entrance exam as he is about to marry a Miami girl . What can I do to reassure him?

Is it true if you fail  he can always go to a community college in Canada and try again .. I’ve heard that community colleges are considered to be very prestigious there but the women are like dogs .

Sample question - Why do Canadians call their .ham, bacon .

Do they call their .bacon , ham .

And then would that mean their hamburgers would be bacon burgers .

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:08 AM

pmm711:

largemouth51:

Dear Pabby

As I was growing up my mother  told me whatever I decided to do be the best. I decided to be an A-HO and working on this throughout my life my friends think I have perfected my talent and achieved the status of #1 A-HO. Do you think I have made a good career choice?

Bob/HO

Bob,

It's extremely hard for me to help you on this one as all the A rated HOs I have experience with are of the female variety. 

As Pabby doesn't roll that direction (never did & never will) then I'd say your momma must have known best.  She must be proud of your accomplishment.  Not my cup of tea...

(but) Good Luck! (with that)

Pabby

Pabby in my effort to get around censorship you misconstrued my post. When I said A-HO I wasn't referring to the girls you dated but the the part of the body commonly called the derriere/butthole etc..

Bob/HO

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:22 AM

craigswan:

Dear abby .

My son is nervous about taking his American entrance exam as he is about to marry a Miami girl . What can I do to reassure him?

Is it true if you fail  he can always go to a community college in Canada and try again .. I’ve heard that community colleges are considered to be very prestigious there but the women are like dogs .

Craig,

There is no such thing as an American Entrance Exam.  If anything, based on the fact that you're all over the place in this question and seem to lack the ability to focus in any which way at all, I think your son will truly benefit from just getting on with his life outside of the home.  Whether that's in Miami, Canada, the UK, or wherever he chooses to make a home for himself and his future bride.

Have you thought about asking your doctor if he'd think you'd benefit from an Adderall addition to your daily regimen? 

Good Luck! (with kicking your habit)

Pabby

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:36 AM

largemouth51:

pmm711:

largemouth51:

Dear Pabby

As I was growing up my mother  told me whatever I decided to do be the best. I decided to be an A-HO and working on this throughout my life my friends think I have perfected my talent and achieved the status of #1 A-HO. Do you think I have made a good career choice?

Bob/HO

Bob,

It's extremely hard for me to help you on this one as all the A rated HOs I have experience with are of the female variety. 

As Pabby doesn't roll that direction (never did & never will) then I'd say your momma must have known best.  She must be proud of your accomplishment.  Not my cup of tea...

(but) Good Luck! (with that)

Pabby

Pabby in my effort to get around censorship you misconstrued my post. When I said A-HO I wasn't referring to the girls you dated but the the part of the body commonly called the derriere/butthole etc..

Bob/HO

Bob,

I hate to disappoint you but I misconstrued absolutely nothing.  I was just merely dodging the obvious and tried to drop a little levity on the subject..  Since you've decided to revisit your original question I have but 2 things for you do ponder...

1)

2)  As to whether your chosen path in life has been a good one...well...you should read this book by Justin Ross Lee and decide for yourself.

Good Luck! (in figuring out how to be more of a t'aint rather than any one of the three areas around one)

Pabby

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:58 AM

pmm711:
    Yes, you can fix this yourself...AND NEED TO re-grip "it", and "it" is not the 3-Wood in your bag but the 3-Wood that God hath giveth you.  After re-gripping the proper club, then show your wife how you're coach taught you to swing it consistently...with a long backswing and a strong follow through...time after time after time...and for a full 18 holes.

Dear Pabby,

I followed your advice and things really did get off to a great start, I hadn't played so well in years!

However things went tragically awry just as we made the turn. I inadvertently gripped it and ripped it.

As no warnings were given in your published advice my legal team think I have an ironclad claim for compensation and are urging me to proceed with litigation.

See you in court.

Paul.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 9:16 AM

PaulTon:

pmm711:
    Yes, you can fix this yourself...AND NEED TO re-grip "it", and "it" is not the 3-Wood in your bag but the 3-Wood that God hath giveth you.  After re-gripping the proper club, then show your wife how you're coach taught you to swing it consistently...with a long backswing and a strong follow through...time after time after time...and for a full 18 holes.

Dear Pabby,

I followed your advice and things really did get off to a great start, I hadn't played so well in years!

However things went tragically awry just as we made the turn. I inadvertently gripped it and ripped it.

As no warnings were given in your published advice my legal team think I have an ironclad claim for compensation and are urging me to proceed with litigation.

See you in court.

Paul.

Paul,

Thank God you referenced "we" concerning your reference to "the turn".  Things would have really gone awry had you gripped it and ripped it while playing a round by yourself.

As for "seeing me in court" I'm sorry to say that my legal team has scoffed at your frivolous attack.  Nowhere have I used the term "gripped it and ripped it" in any form in any of my posts.  They're thinking you must have coined this phrase yourself in an effort to entrap me or you have me confused with another advice columnist.

You'd find better value in spending your hard earned $$$ on a WGT Clash Event vs. retaining such latrine lawyers.

Good Luck! (in finding a way to refute any of this)

Pabby

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 9:27 AM

pmm711:

craigswan:

Dear abby

††††

No wonder you can't get a complete answer.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Just look who you addressed this to.

Tell him to answer no to this fake test as there is no PIG in a hamburger.

Craig,

Pabby

Just a concerned proof reader.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:04 AM

garyk49:

pmm711:

craigswan:

Dear abby

††††

No wonder you can't get a complete answer.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Just look who you addressed this to.

Tell him to answer no to this fake test as there is no PIG in a hamburger.

Craig,

Pabby

Just a concerned proof reader.

As a concerned "proof reader", how did you miss the questions not having question marks?

Canadians call ham; ham. We call bacon; bacon. We call burgers; burgers (unless garnished with cheese...then we call them cheeseburgers). Pig as a burger?...yup. We call them pulled pork burgers.:)

ct

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:13 AM

PaulTon:

Paul.

That had to hurt.  I'll bet you never, not ever, and especially anytime soon, will do that again.  Or allow anyone else to do it either.  One of life's lessons learned right there Paul.  And they say you can't teach an old dog new things.

RSS