Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Mon, Mar 18 2024 8:22 AM (1,927 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 11:04 AM

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Positive footprints

You cannot go backwards in time to undo what’s already been done. So before you go forward, consider the consequences of your actions.

You won’t be able to reclaim time that has already passed. As each moment comes, remind yourself to make good and meaningful use of it.

Regret is a terribly helpless feeling because there’s no way to change what you have already done. Keep that in mind as you make each choice.

Once you utter a thoughtless comment, it will forever be a part of what you have said. All the apologies and regrets in the world will not change that.

You can only move forward through time. As you do, take care to leave positive, beneficial footprints at every point along the way.

Make your choices the ones you’ll be pleased to live with. Speak and act to make your future self, and everyone else, thankful for all you do.

— Ralph Marston

• ct690911
    7,185 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 11:46 AM

Nice thoughts.:)

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 11:48 AM

k.

• Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:04 PM

I think this is some good advise to follow.

• gonfission
    2,225 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 5:22 PM

I would agree emphatically 

A dog seems to know these traits. Cats on the other hand, never cared for such things.

Doggo keeps reminding them though.

My dogs have taught me more in 5 minutes, than the human race has in 40 years...

Enjoy your week end

Be nice, love well, laugh harder

☢------------------<*{{{{{-(

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 5:26 PM

Nice thoughts Marion.

Oddly, this process can be taken in reverse.

Personally, I try to think before I speak, consider the consequences, and if i am happy with that, I will say it in a non-sugar coated manner.

I have no regrets and have not for many years, partially because I have tried to consider the consequences, and partly.....for the aforementioned reasons.........and we cannot change what we have said or done. In other words, you cannot change the hands of time.

Have I made mistakes?........more than my fair share, but also remember without mistakes there will be no learnings, and again, if you have considered consequences and other views, regret is simply self pity which is self defeating for everyone. 

To quote Oscar Wilde....."experience is simply the name we give our mistakes".

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 6:00 PM

Ladychipper:
    Regret is a terribly helpless feeling because there’s no way to change what you have already done.

Auld Ralph obviously had my last 3i , over water in mind..

;)

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 6:04 PM

I'll never regret the things I've done.

Only those things I've never done.

• Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 7:58 PM

That is true we learn from our mistakes for sure and since nobody is perfect we all make them.

Must be nice to not have any regrets Pepper.  I have some, like wishing I had done something more for someone that I loved and now it is too late.  When they have passed on then we realize just how important a relationship really is.  We must live in the moment.

Thank you to all that have stopped by. 

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• gonfission
    2,225 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 8:11 PM

There is an infinite amount of moments ahead. You are a futurist, make as many as you like. 

It is scary at first, however, the payback is rewarding.

Doing nothing, is in a sense doing something. However, never rewarding. You have much to offer to those who need it. I don't know you.

Your OP and your response above, speaks volumes of who you are.

Do more for the sake of it. Money is not the answer. Time…  give your time. Look what you received in just a few moments of writing your thoughts here.

It really does happen in real life. We all have it in us to better ourselves, for the betterment of mankind. Is this not enough of a reason to try?

--------------<*{{{{{-(

RSS