Help › Forums

Dear Pabby

Mon, Dec 13 2021 8:56 AM (251 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 6:41 PM

"You must be 2nd only to HK in number of WGT friends.."

second to HK?...I got 90 and he got 4200...lol

My definition of a "dart" is within 30 ft. I didn't state my approaches were good...just that my putting was bad.

later bro,

ct

ps: gr8 column...some funny stuff.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:31 PM

Deer Pabsty,

Howl wee no reel? Eye knead too sea.

Aye Bee leaf yule ant swear.

~Crambone~

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:06 PM

opyeuclid:
    I did think of that but I have never used the " Block " option in almost 8 years here in WGT land .

is my one time I have used it, after the 15 invitations.

at least it seemed it was

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:58 PM

Dear paddy .

I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs; phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with 'the girls' a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says "just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I try to stay awake and look out for her when she comes home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just did not want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to finally check on her. Around midnight, I hid in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with 'the girls.'

When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment, crouching behind my golf clubs, that I noticed a hairline crack where the grip meets the graphite shaft on my 3-wood.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro-shop where I bought it?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 1:57 AM

txzdave:

Deer Pabsty,

Howl wee no reel? Eye knead too sea.

Aye Bee leaf yule ant swear.

~Crambone~

Dave aka Crambone,

If we are not real then we are just simulated beings playing a simulated golf game using a simulated avi hitting simulated balls with simulated clubs into simulated holes under simulated conditions all for simulated glory.

While it may be possible to create such a simulated universe as I described above, you and I know that wouldn't be moral, right?    You have to know that humans are complex beings with feelings and relationships.  Mightn’t there be something wrong in creating a whole fake world of them?  Wouldn’t the responsibility for every action in that universe fall on our shoulders, and wouldn’t it be too much for us to bear?

Maybe. But that doesn’t matter.  Because to some people, the idea of running a life simulator would just be too tempting.  And even if, for whatever reason, life simulators were illegal, it would just take a single person to run one and create our reality.  It would take just one person, who’d consider the matter no more significant than a game of, I don't believe I'm going to say this...a mere game of WGT Golf.

Stop thinking this way and get your real life a$$ into a real life church next Sunday as you need to stop attending St. Matt's...as in St. Mattress.  Gain faith...gain faith.

Good luck!

Pabby

P.S. Just an FYI...I wasn't named after a cheap beer...although my thoughts might be influenced by one.  Just know my aunt was the one and only Pauline Phillips.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 2:32 AM

craigswan:

Dear paddy .

I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs; phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with 'the girls' a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says "just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I try to stay awake and look out for her when she comes home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just did not want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to finally check on her. Around midnight, I hid in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with 'the girls.'

When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment, crouching behind my golf clubs, that I noticed a hairline crack where the grip meets the graphite shaft on my 3-wood.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro-shop where I bought it?

Dear Craig,

Yes, you can fix this yourself...AND NEED TO re-grip "it", and "it" is not the 3-Wood in your bag but the 3-Wood that God hath giveth you.  After re-gripping the proper club, then show your wife how you're coach taught you to swing it consistently...with a long backswing and a strong follow through...time after time after time...and for a full 18 holes.

Be sure to let her know if you don't have time for a full 18, then 9 holes will do perfectly fine (front or back...her choice).  And...make sure she understands that occasionally you'll be playing just 1 hole to earn experience points for that day...believe me...she'll enjoy the quickie as much as you will.

As she stops going out with "the girls", and this style of "play" begins to become the norm in your home, I think you'll find that you won't have to re-grip your own club ever again.  In fact, I think you'll find that your wife will be truly excited to re-grip your club for you as often as possible.  She'll probably want you to upgrade your club's shaft too from a flexible one to a much stiffer version to compensate for the improved level of your game.  And...I think you'll find she'll ask if she can cumm with you and drive the cart for every round you play from here on out.  She'll probably be cleaning your balls before you enter the tee-box of every hole...yes every hole.  You know that's got to have a major affect and will have to factor in on improving the precision, forgiveness, balance and speed of your putter.  I doubt you'll ever lip out another one and will finish strongly on each hole with this newfound passion for the game.

Now I hope you re-grip it and hit 'em long & str8 & deep down every fairway...realizing an occasional shot in the bunker or rough grass...or even watching your ball approach a hole but end up lipping out can be rewarding too.

Good Luck (with the rekindled relationship),

Pabby

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 4:32 AM

Dear Pabby

As I was growing up my mother  told me whatever I decided to do be the best. I decided to be an A-HO and working on this throughout my life my friends think I have perfected my talent and achieved the status of #1 A-HO. Do you think I have made a good career choice?

Bob/HO

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 5:01 AM

Dear Pappy  

I need your advice on my golf game,,Seems I just cant advance to tour Legend..I am guessing I should have quite playing when I have had bad rounds but after many years playing I have never stopped a round because of the score,I have never quit any round,..Could this be the problem??I really enjoy the game here since being disabled,I can never play Real golf anymore..So should I take a break for a while and let my 906 days played (missed 3 days for the last heart attack) run out and start over in 2018?  

Thanks 

Heart Broken and Confused 

Ron   

PS.I always have tongue out to the left when i swing..

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 5:48 AM

gsoup:

opyeuclid:
    I did think of that but I have never used the " Block " option in almost 8 years here in WGT land .

is my one time I have used it, after the 15 invitations.

at least it seemed it was

HK?

I think I'm up to about ten by now. Not blocked though. Nobody is blocked.

ct

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 5:51 AM

largemouth51:

Dear Pabby

As I was growing up my mother  told me whatever I decided to do be the best. I decided to be an A-HO and working on this throughout my life my friends think I have perfected my talent and achieved the status of #1 A-HO. Do you think I have made a good career choice?

Bob/HO

Bob,

It's extremely hard for me to help you on this one as all the A rated HOs I have experience with are of the female variety. 

As Pabby doesn't roll that direction (never did & never will) then I'd say your momma must have known best.  She must be proud of your accomplishment.  Not my cup of tea...

(but) Good Luck! (with that)

Pabby

RSS