Help › Forums

Solve the Quitters problem (Round 2)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:05 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:13 PM

Faterson in 0 words or less plese tell me why quitting matters heavily?

dude its a game.

now copy and paste my post away.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:21 PM

It matters heavily because it destroys user expectations from multiplayer games on this site.

This answer has already been given and greatly expanded upon at least 50 times by many posters in these forums. Why rehash all of this? This thread should never have existed.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:23 PM

couldnt agree with ya more, but unfortunatley you and me both know another one will take its place within the next 24hrs.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:24 PM

lilrob88:
    Faterson in 0 words or less plese tell me why quitting matters heavily?
    LOL.. My guess is that irony and/or sarcasm is lost on Faterson.

He is the Man of La Mancha, off to slay the ferocious giants of quitting and destroying HIS Multiplayer rounds.

lilrob88:
    dude its a game.

QFT... succinct and exactly to the point.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:28 PM

Final note:

Debate team try outs end tonight at midnight. Please contact denzel washington to schedule an appointment. Faterson and Snaike you guys are so good you dont gotta tryout.

Hope to see everyone there

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:31 PM

Snaike: LOL! way to use those quotes! keep em coming!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:47 PM

Snaike:
    destroying HIS Multiplayer rounds

You talk your usual boilerplate nonsense in complete disregard of facts. Let's take a look at a relevant sample, the starters of threads to do with quitting, from the first 5 pages of quitters Search results:

Out of these 13 threads with more or less redundant content, practically all of which should have been merged into a single thread, exactly one thread (8%) was started by Faterson, and even that thread does not primarily deal with quitters, but with ignore lists, as explained by Nivlac inside the thread. So, this is not about any single individual's concern, but about what greatly troubles this virtual golf community at large, namely quitters and the current lack of penalties for them.

• GSpinks1962
    106 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 2:21 PM

LOL!!!  You guys make the time between games quite entertaining. Sniake is hilarious...

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 2:47 PM

I think its time to penalize (a 100 cr fine) anyone who posts, in any thread, about "quitters". That would solve the issue once and for all. ;)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:05 PM

Exactly one thread (8%) was started by Faterson...  How very misleading.  Remember, there are lies, damn lies, and then statistics.

Faterson.. you have been here for 84 days.  You have written 406 posts (As of this moment).

Thats an astounding 5 posts a day.. everyday.  Almost double my output  (see below).  It seems that fully HALF of your posts revolve around the quitting issue.  And these are never the one or two sentence, query resolution posts... no no.. they are paginated, color-coded, quoted and formated diatribes with endless links and back-dated references... ad nausuem.

Your cause is not the cause of the player base at large.  You ARE the vocal minority.  I am sorry to break this to you, Sr. Quixote.  You can whine all you want about my 'boilerplate nonsense' replies because you want to disagree with them, and have no other facts to base your opinions on.  You can whine all you want about everyone who disagrees with you, but you have to learn... this GAME really doesn't care WHAT you think, as long as you can support it by buying clubs.

And the sad part, is that when you finally get tired of trying to slay these dragons, and walk away from the game, the game itself will go on with out you.  You may be missed by some, but this too shall pass.

I have a challenge for you, Faterson. Take it or not, it is your decision...  Your stance, and mine, are recorded on these forums in perpetuity.. everyone who reads these forums knows exactly where you and I stand, correct?  All of your arguments are repetitive and, apparently, you believe mine are as well.... well.. here is your challenge.

When the next "New Player" or "New Forum Participant" posts on the topic of quitting, I challenge you to ignore it.  Not answer.  Not even direct them to the Search Box on the right.  There are many many participants on these forums who can, and will, direct any new inquiries to the existing threads.

What do you say, Sr. Quixote?  Can you do it?  If you so accept, I will not respond to any quitting post, as described above, either.  You can let me know, in this thread, today, if you wish to take on my challenge.

Are you man enough?

(for the record.  I have been here for 257 days and have 700 posts, as of this moment... that's less than 3 posts a day.  2.72/day) 

**Edit.. will post this challenge under a new thread for all to see.  If Faterson agrees to it, please post your acceptance there.

• PAGES
RSS