Help › Forums

More on Quitters.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 19 2009 1:28 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:11 AM

Sorry... had to start another thread because the previous one had been closed to prevent discussion. Not an ideal situation.

I believe most members understand that sometimes you have to leave a game. I don't have a problem with that but surely a quick message of... "Sorry Guys, have to go" is in order?"

In all my years of real golf I only ever remember one person quitting a game but on this site it's prevailant.

Most of the problems can be solved by posting suggestions of ettequette, so that players know what is expected of them.

Things like....

1.  Always attempt to finish your game.

2. Don't chat when a player is addressing their ball. Prepare your comment and post when players are not going to be distracted.

3. Refrain from making personal comments.

4. Don't complain if a player is not fast enough for you... there's a timer and they are entitled to every last second.

5. Be really patient with newcomers.

6. Disguise your curse words... after all, you don't know how old the player is.

7. Encourage and assist new members - help them learn

I think a code of ettequette would be great.

Just my opinion.

• dummyisdumb
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 1:50 PM

I think a lot of you guys aren't realizing that people aren't quitting, but the game freezes and they have to quit. This has happened to me every time I play after about a hole. Even with a fast connection I have serious issues.

• deadRED
    29 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 3:55 PM

Sorry, alot of people are quitting.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 4:18 PM

rockey1:

Or just get Links 2003 and fly thru multiplayer with no glitches. :)

I LOVE Links 2003!  Best cartoon golf I have played on the net in a long time.

Where else can you download the demo and beat the computer -8 to -3 on the very first 9 you play!?!   Go Sergio go!

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 5:17 PM

MY God guy! dont you have anything better to write about.. let it go now enough allready! are you that into the game that posting a chat bothers you? Dude you have issues if that has ANY effect on your game! Belive me its not the chat thats making you miss the greens or putts.. you might be letting this GAME get the best of you and your time.. it's just a game guy!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 5:43 PM

Hey Backspin... are you referring to:

2. Don't chat when a player is addressing their ball. Prepare your comment and post when players are not going to be distracted.

I know, maybe we can get some volunteers to stay with the group and hold up those really cool QUIET signs.  =)

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 9:18 PM

Great idea snaike! and if I may add to this..we could add some folks to run out on the fairway or into the rough and mark everyone's ball after they hit! like they used to do back in the late 40's! LOL! Oh yeah one more thing you forgot wombat.. everyone needs to mark thier ball when we putt! how rude.. I'm so worried and distracted that I am going to hit my ball into the other's that it makes me miss a TON of 20' birdie putts!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 11:29 PM

Hahaha! you guys arent right......

• Exxcalibur
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 6:06 PM

I am more bothered when you guys don't replace your divots around the green! How thoughtless! :)

• PAGES
RSS