Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:07 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • usmra
    32 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 8:51 AM

Please do something to stop all the quitting that occurs here!  And for those that are quitters, stop signing up for multi-play - play single.

• nwharley
    119 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:13 PM

I agree something needs to be done about this problem. I have had 4 matches in 2 days now and 2 have quit when they started having trouble.maybe a these persons should be posted on a thread so the honest players can beware.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:53 PM

I am curious, mwharley...  How does one become 'honest' by finishing a game?  There are entirely too many variables, and computer connections are too tenuous, to guarantee that every player will be able to complete every game.

People quit for a number of very understandable reasons.  Kid needs a ride, wife (or husband!) nagging, business call, boss comes in to see what you're doing, meetings, etc etc etc ... you know.. REAL LIFE stuff.  Don't forget the game freezes, connection lost, cat walks across your keyboard.   Are you going to penalize these players along with the ones who quit after a few bad shots??

Quitting after a few bad shots is bad form, I agree, but there is no way to penalize someone for it.  Some people here, the most vocal of the minority, have started to compile their own list of people who quit so they know not to play with them again.

On to your point of posting names.  You can't.  Calling other players out by name in the forums will, at best, get your thread/post deleted, and at worst, will give you a 3 day vacation from playing at all.

Besides, someone pulling out of your game does not affect your game at all.. you can continue, even if the game crashes.  Should you be having an excellent round, there is nothing to keep you from finishing it.

The alternative; only invite your friends and other trusted players... and keep out of 'pick-up' games.  Finishing a random four-some with all 4 still in the game is the exception and not the norm.

Get used to it.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:22 PM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/3074.aspx?PageIndex=2

Read the post by Gonnads.

It's obvious your awesomeness scared off the competition.   They knew you were going to mop the floor with their pathetic excuse of a golf game, and decided to bail to keep some face.

Enjoy the game!

• usmra
    32 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 9:56 PM

No one's talking about punishing anyone.  And you're correct about "bad form".  More than that, it's just plain rude.  Understandably, *** does happen: power goes out, labor pains increase, and you're mother-in-law is nagging.  But you and I both know what we're talking about here.  If the WGT can track your longest putt to the tenth of a foot, they can also detect those that disconnect electively.  I believe the ball is in their court to correct this.

I personally believe that quitters are pussies.  They strive and strive to become Masters, which they won't and are a damned irritant to someone like me that just wants to play.

So keep adding/changing your ids and have a happy life.  But do me a favor and decline the multiplay when you see USMRA.  I don't want to be bothered.

• RoadWarrior28
    29 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:57 PM

So they quit; nothing to get upset about. Go ahead and finish your round.

Think of all the time you're saving.

Cheers.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:38 PM

Since I've been associated with WGT Ladder System I've had one person disconnect out of 6 rounds.  That disconnect was due to the nearby lightning strike that shut down the juice momentarily.

After re-hooking up we chose to discontinue the round after agreeing it would be safer if he were to shut down the equipment.  Then he graciously recorded the game as a forfeit.

Different breed on the ladder.

No need to keep lists of those who do or do not quit. At least, not yet.

Give it a go.  WGT Ladder System

Cheers,

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 6:12 PM

these persons should be posted on a thread so the honest players can beware.

That will get you a three day suspension from WGT! 

Posting a message on their wall will also get you a three day suspension!

• JoshJJ18
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:28 AM

usmra:

Please do something to stop all the quitting that occurs here!  And for those that are quitters, stop signing up for multi-play - play single.

I agree with you 100%. I love this game and I work my butt off at getting better. When I first started, hardly nobody quit. But now, after playing for a little over a month everyday and getting extremely better and am now at Master level, people quit all the time. I didnt quit when I started and I got beat often and pretty bad. Anyone who loves to play and is not a quitter, please send me a friend request. I would happily accept.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:57 AM
    06-29-2009 8:51 AM

Since this thread was started 4 years ago, I'd say nothing has changed and nothing has been done!
  • PAGES
RSS