Forums

Help › Forums

Anybody wanna report quitters?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 11 2009 7:22 PM (21 replies)
  • Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:07 PM

I was just wondering if anybody wants to just mention the names of the quitters so we know who not to play with?

I just played with 2 other guys and both quit on me..

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:18 PM

You can't.  It is a direct violation of the Terms and Conditions to call out players by name.

At best, the post will be deleted, at worst, it could cost you a few days.

Besides, what does it matter?  It doesn't affect your rankings.  Speaking for myself, I never play/compete against the person(s) with me, I am playing the golf course and looking for my personal best.  If my best is better than yours, or vice-versa, it only matters that we had fun and maybe shared a laugh or two along the way.

That is what is referred to as a 'good game'.  After all, this is only an on-line game.  If you have to judge your worth by your achievements here, you have much bigger problems than worrying about who quit while you were playing.

• CBarkley
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:53 PM

Just get a pad of paper and write down their names for your own personal use.  You can let them know why you wont play them by typing in the box before hand. If enough players do this, they might get the point . This is just a suggestion.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:25 AM
    United States 01-08-2009 10:51 AM

Just a reminder that if you suspect somebody is cheating, please email us at members@worldgolftour.com. Do not call out players by name here in the forums, as this is not the proper place. Thanks for understanding.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 10:03 AM

I think too big of a deal is made over quitting....If you despise it then dont play mulitplayer,. or better yet only play multi with your "friends"...This way no ones feelings get hurt....Hey if you're in America there is  a little something called the bill of rights......Take it how you may.

• mdelninno
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 10:32 AM

At the end of the day, it's simply an online game. Many reasons for someone to bail out. Let it go.

• Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 10:42 AM

well it's not that big of a deal but to me the fun thing about golf is playing and finishing together. Even if somebody has a bad round going.

I also don't consider it cheating because at the end of the day it only makes their score look nicer but in tournaments they still have to bring it so it doesn't matter that much to me. I'm not gonna report them but the idea about writing them down for myself sounds good. But yeah i just sometimes wanna play multiplayer just to have fun and exchange experiences as well. If everybody always quits on me and i wanted to play by myself i wouldn't bother joining a multiplayer game.

Just a shoutout to everybody please just have fun. Every pro has a bad round at times and quitting doesn't help you in anyway. A bad game will help you learn from your mistakes.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 12:51 PM

I think too big of a deal is made over quitting....If you despise it then dont play mulitplayer,. or better yet only play multi with your "friends"...This way no ones feelings get hurt....Hey if you're in America there is  a little something called the bill of rights......Take it how you may.

In multiplayer, it is expected that there will be a complete round.  Quitters embarrass only themselves and make themselves out as flakes.

The sad part is there is no way to know before  or during the round if your fellow competitor is of the ilk of a loser. 

Those of us who do enjoy the right to make choices also have the right to expect fair play.

It's unfortunate that some were brought up without that ethic.

Cheers,

• mdelninno
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 3:49 PM

I like playing and finishing a round as much as anybody, but what about computer problems, connect problems, wife calling, or unexpected personal or business calls. Are you suggesting these take priorities over a fun online gaming experience? Like I said, at the end of the day it's just a game. Enjoy!

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 4:07 PM

Of course there will be unforseen priority events.  My complaint is to the individual who could go out and play by himself and quit after 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, or 17 holes, but no, he has to go on multiplayer and quit there.  Esentially that person is saying, "You're not worthy of my company".

ESt

Cheers,

RSS