Forums

Help › Forums

what do you guys think of players who disconnect if they dont make a birdie on the game's first hole?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:31 PM (38 replies)
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:08 PM

i dont know.. like come on.. at least try and make up for it later. If its a real sad match like +5.. i'll pack it in just before the last putt.. but i'm not gonna quit if i dont get a birdie on the first hole. For me.. par is nice. I'm never gonna average the 66.5 to move on to master.. so it was surprising moving to pro and being able to get the kick ass driver.. Wasnt sure what the score was to get there.. but found out about master and i'll never get that.. but yeah.. par is good for me so i'm satisfied around here ;-)

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 10:12 PM

i don't think to many people quit if they do not make a birdie, it more of a first drive into the trees on the right, or a bogey when they quit. i admit that i have done it before, but a great strategy in anything in life, is take advantage of the weakest point of your competetor (your scoring average).  so if they leave it available. use it.

i know its not the gentlemans thing to do, but not everyone is a gentleman.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 4:44 AM

Consult the many other quitters threads, such as this one.

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 5:57 AM

I really don't see why its such a big deal about someone who quits after the 1st hole or the 7th hole. For me its ok, I just keep playing or maybe I quit too. Their is a whole world of players out there who you can play golf with on WGT.

But it is nice to tell other players that you are going to quit and finish the hole that you are playing on before you quit, I feel that its only fair too the other players and its being a gentleman.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 6:15 AM

Yes, Please consult hundreds of threads on this topic. 

I do wish WGT would do something, becasue this topic became lame a long long time ago.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:09 AM

Beating Dead Horse Smiley

...Peace

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:51 AM

No, this is no dead-horse issue by any means. It is a current issue, negatively impacting the multi-player game on a daily or hourly basis, and it should be corrected ASAP. Proposals of small penalties for quitters have already been submitted, and it is to be hoped one or several of them will be implemented by WGT soon.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 10:21 AM

Ah, the vocal minority again. Boxer Emoticon

Shall we lock another one, Don Quixote?

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 11:26 AM

Guess I'm a "quitter". Though I have never played a multi-player game, not sure if, or when I ever will. But I will quit if the swing meter gets the yips, my perfectly hit shots fly off to the right or left of where they are aimed, or what folks like to call the "beast" effects my shots in any other exaggerated manner. Such as today; a perfectly hit 8 iron with a 4mph tail wind went a total of 103 yds.

When such occurs on more than one occasion during a round, be it single player, multi-player, or single play tournament, I WILL QUIT. If that upsets some people tough, fix the programing.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:32 PM

You are perfectly entitled to quit, you'd just be given a small penalty if you quit a multi-player round, thus spoiling (or even ending) it for your fellow player(s). The small penalty wouldn't be anything tragic for you personally or any individual, but it would very likely reduce the overall amount of quitters significantly.

RSS