Forums

Help › Forums

help is it me ?

Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:30 AM (56 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:32 AM

YankeeJim:
    LOL, ya, right. That and a quarter will get me a phone call to somebody that cares.  :-D

More posts than Snaike!  More posts than Faterson!  Its at least a Gold award!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:53 AM

Nice work, Andyson!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:00 PM

This'll be my 1,000th. Great stuff.

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:05 PM

Lazarus9g:

PRIESTESS:

Dont play that CCTH.:)

What is CCTH?

Did you mean CTTH?

And why tell someone not to play it.

You're one of those people who are well known to ridicule new players to somehow benefit your meek and desperate ego, aren't you?

You fathom yourself as some type of social "elitist" because you're good at an online golf game.

Learn some humility. Learn some respect. There is way more to life than WGT (where it would appear that your entire persona resides).

You could not be more wrong!!!...Tess goes way out of her way to help others....too bad you will not be recieving some of her help   :)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:31 PM

Hi Diver Bob. Ctth are a good way to learn the game. Try to include course and hole # when you need some info on certain shot. As someone suggested to the topic other clubs are an option and are at your disposal.  Try to get in a country club. There are a few good ones out there.  F. Gazz

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:09 PM

diverbob:
    I have just tried to play CTTH and on the first or second hole the flag is at a distance 229yds from the red tee which as a amatuer 92.8 L27 i play off, my question is how the hell can i play nearest the pin if my driver will only travel 215, or just about 220 with a 10 - 14mph wind from behind can anyone help diverbob

The only 229 yard CCTH hole I can think of off hand is extremely downhill so even the beginner driver should reach it easily unless there is a big head wind. And for those you said that topspin was your only option are way off base. Full backspin with the driver will give you more carry but less roll. Many times topspin actually reduces your over all distance because the wind cam knock it down easier. you get more roll but the extra roll is often neutralized when the drive is knocked down by the wind. Think about what topspin does on a tennis shot and you will see what I mean,. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:37 PM

Thanks Born...that's great advice... I Didn't know the that thing with the backspin. Now thinking about it a bit longer, it's pretty logical. Just goes to show, there is more to this game than just getting on the tee and hitting the ball...lol. Also reading the good advise from people on here make us all get that little bit better.

Thanks

Roger

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:39 PM

borntobesting:
    Think about what topspin does on a tennis shot and you will see what I mean,.

It makes the ball move lower and increases velocity.

I was just speaking from my own experience. It was just my opinion.

I use starter clubs and there are many holes in which i'm very successful using topspin; even with tailwind.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:51 PM

Bali hai #3 is 229 if im correct. Talk about an all time tough hole. Maybe one of the toughest holes in ctth. #4 kiawah and #3 occ set # 1 pins is brutal too.. throw in 5 PH  too. As far as top spin goes Ive hit some of my longest shots w/top spin. Depends what course your on to. GL

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:10 PM

Steelers75:
    Insinuate actual murder... duh!!!  That should have been painfully obvious to even the most obtuse of individuals

Semantics. Perception. I don't care how tall and fat you are. Using the word "murdered" could be "perceived" as a threat in a court of law and easily prosecuted.

Steelers75:
    know those that you deem to be your enemy before you attack lest you attack your ally

Intelligence. I know my enemies. Also your reference to having four black belts in four disciplines is hilarious to me. Which disciplines of martial arts do you speak of? 6'3", 290 lbs? LOL the bigger you are the harder you fall. I'd shoot (note shooting referring to tackling an opponents legs in an MMA fight; in no way related to firearms) you and have your back in 15 seconds.. and your big fat *** would be tapping out to avoid passing out from my rear naked.

Steelers75:
    get some help for your drinking while you still can.

I hear that all the time. I'll quit when i'm ready to quit. I never came on here and attempted to state that i'm a physical "should be scared of" bad ass... that was you. I'm not the one making physical threats. That is you.

Perhaps you should learn a bit about semantics and perception and how they are practically used in a court of law.

As far as your physical threats.. you don't know me.. or what agencies i've worked for.. but I can tell by your style of speech and linguistics that your best bet would be to shut your mouth and never look at this thread again.

RSS