Forums

Help › Forums

help is it me ?

Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:30 AM (56 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:15 AM

You are using the Beginner driver which, like you say, only hits 215.  But did you know that you also have another set of free slubs at your disposal - the Starter set, which hit a little further than the Beginners.  The driver hits 225.  The meter is a little faster I think, but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle.

With regards to the hole in question, so long as it is not into a strong headwind, the hole is definitely reachable.  With it being so much uphill, the ball rolls a country mile.  I've hit a 200yd iron into the hole (with 7mph side wind) and the ball has run though the green.

The other thing you should consider is what are you trying to achieve?  If you want to win a CTTH comp, forget it with those clubs and your current average.  But if you regard playing this early in your WGT career as a learning curve, then when you upgrade clubs and balls, you will be amazed how much easier it becomes.  And you don't have to spend money; look at 'Complete Offers' under the 'Get Credits' menu - there are a number of free offers which can earn you credits, like surveys and a few other one-offs.  And if you need any of the non-free stuff, you can also get credits that way.

• Wayno_1
    397 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:49 AM

Lazarus9g:

PRIESTESS:

Dont play that CCTH.:)

What is CCTH?

Did you mean CTTH?

And why tell someone not to play it.

You're one of those people who are well known to ridicule new players to somehow benefit your meek and desperate ego, aren't you?

You fathom yourself as some type of social "elitist" because you're good at an online golf game.

Learn some humility. Learn some respect. There is way more to life than WGT (where it would appear that your entire persona resides).

There you go again Laz...might be time to give up the bottle.........................................

• diverbob
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 2:09 PM

thanks all, for the advice

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:31 PM

Noobingalltheway:

Lazarus, you seem to exist to go through these forums and try to insult people....uhmmm hypocrite much? **

Lazarus9g:
    You're one of those people who are well known to ridicule new players to somehow benefit your meek and desperate ego, aren't you?

Advising someone not to play a particular CTTH is not ridicule in any way, shape or form, it is merely advice. The OP doesn't have enough club in their bag to reach the hole, the only options are:

1. Buy a longer club
    2. Avoid that course
    3. Keep playing the hole, in the knowledge that you'll come up short 9 times out of 10

For me, buying the club would be best choice, but many people don't want to spend on the game, so the next best thing is to avoid that particular CTTH course

Rob

** this guy has posted similar insults in the WGT Beta forums so far as I have seen

I actually offered constructive criticism. USE TOPSPIN. DUH. I never basically stated to "stop playing that CTTH because you're not worthy, like me!"

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:33 PM

Wayno_1:
    There you go again Laz...might be time to give up the bottle.

Yeah I know. I'm trying. I have little else. Poor me! Poor me! Poor me another freaking DRINK!

So let's see i've been called a troll, a "Gormless NumNut" [lol] and a hypocrite.

My comments were merely suppositions. Not direct insults nor overall judgement of character. Even when i'm drunk I can still realize this.

It's so ironic how these longtime forum member who have evolved into their own little cliques do everything in their power to banish and ridicule people who have a different opinion than theirs.

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:39 PM

Noobingalltheway:
    ** this guy has posted similar insults in the WGT Beta forums so far as I have seen

What insult? Is speaking my opinion an insult? I'm not the one flinging around words like troll, numnut and hypocrite. BTW Priestess the correct spelling of the word(s) are "numb nut" You'd think someone who is English might speak fluent English, huh?

YankeeJim:

It happens when he drinks. His other ID was exactly the same way. Just humor him.  :-)

What other ID? I only have one ID. If you're implying something I hope that you have the evidence to back it up otherwise what you're saying is entirely defamatory and in violation of the T.O.S.

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:46 PM

EnglishRosey:

Your a rude Troll.

You are = You're

Do ANY of you English people actually speak English? lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:07 PM

Lazarus9g:
    What other ID? I only have one ID. If you're implying something I hope that you have the evidence to back it up otherwise what you're saying is entirely defamatory and in violation of the T.O.S.

I do.  :-)

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:13 PM

YankeeJim:
    I do.  :-)

Well I would welcome you to present it. I've already flagged your comment as abusive.

Yet let it be known in public. I'd love to hear your accusations.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 8:21 PM

Lazarus9g:

EnglishRosey:

Your a rude Troll.

You are = You're

Do ANY of you English people actually speak English? lol

There's a big difference between speaking English and a simple typo Laz.  Relax bud.   A thick skin helps here, as you well know, because you can get murdered in these forums based on perception alone.  Easy... Steady!

- Steel

RSS