• blessedjones
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 8:07 PM

Cheating is not winning......it's for losers who can't win honestly

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 11:45 PM

Tabarnak777:

In showdowns winds are random, pins are random and apparels make things different from a player to another.

Pretty hard to nail a cheater there. I don't see anything suspicious as well, Yannis.

Add 1 more to the "not seeing it" club. It's 100% possible for someone at their level to shoot a score like that in a Master tee showdown. Now, if he posts a - 22 in the final found, I'd raise an eyebrow, but that's about it.

As for his scores, he shot a 28 on PB B9 in ranked mode, so 12 greens and quite windy at his tier. And that's from the tips and without apparel. If he can do that once in a while, he can also shoot - 17 in a showdown from shorter tees, with apparel and completely random conditions. Quite possible he had slow winds on St. Andrews and heavy winds on a course like PGN or WC, combined with a decent wind direction and a good selection of holes (haven't player found 2 yet, so not sure which sets are in it).

Further more, if he plays predominantly coin games, he's used to playing with apparel and therefore even more out of his depth in his ranked rounds, taking shots from completely unfamiliar places.

Anyway, ask yourself 2 things, why (and how) would he "cheat" in round 2 and why the cheat didn't work on a hole or 2? 😉

Can't we just be happy for someone having a good day once every few months. I'm sure he was over the moon about it.

P. S. : A proof someone can have an odd good round... came across a player (in the brackets), who shot 66-68 on almost all his rounds. But posted a 58 in round 1 on Pinehurst, where he posted a 72 a week before. He' s up against me in round 2 and I'll be surprised if he scores anywhere near that...

P. P. S. : But I very much agree with Yiannis about Paul being clueless 🤣🤣🤣

• pjsbush74
    360 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 3:24 AM

No offence ananikolaj but on the 19th of this month you played 37 bracket 9 and 18 hole bracket tournaments in a 24 hour period and every day you shoot 25 plus rounds 7 days a week all to a majestical standard you must not sleep work or do anything apart from play wgt 24 7 365 days of the year to be able to play that many rounds in a day to the standard you do that's commitment for you 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 3:31 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Can't we just be happy for someone having a good day once every few months. I'm sure he was over the moon about it.

P. S. : A proof someone can have an odd good round... came across a player (in the brackets), who shot 66-68 on almost all his rounds. But posted a 58 in round 1 on Pinehurst, where he posted a 72 a week before. He' s up against me in round 2 and I'll be surprised if he scores anywhere near that...

P. P. S. : But I very much agree with Yiannis about Paul being clueless 🤣🤣🤣

I want to make clear couple of points and then i am out of here (since i posted everything i wanted to say).

I am not wgt police or a guy who is chasing cheaters. In my mind, there a bunch of cheaters that they are playing this game. Fact No1. I CANNOT PROVE IT. Saying that, i mean everything i post is coming from my experience playing this game for 9 years. Nothing more, nothing less. Fact No2. A guy with average stats on his last 20-30 rounds like these can't be hitting out of the blue a -17 on unknown conditions (you are all making assumptions about his tees, mine were the back ones, about his winds, mine were the 30's......everything is assumed).

So, how about assuming that WGT is a fair game and in a round of 18 holes will keep the balance more or less to every player who plays SD. Perhaps he didn't have 30's at STA but 18 at PGA....well, i can i accept that.

Fact No3: He stills needs to putt them in!!!! Now...go to his stats, check them and tell me if there's a chance in a millon that this player can hit -17 with whatever winds or apparels or vems. My opinion is that he can't, he absolutely can't....and i wouldn't making it an issue if not on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery SD, some 65 average player who noone knows, seen him playing or having match plays and alts under his belt (not to mention not streaming), decides to hit -22, -23, -24!! This is a repetitive pattern, it's not just a random thing which happens once in a year.

You can believe (you in general terms) whatever you like. We can make scenarios till the sun comes up from the west...the simple truth is that after playing 9 years this game and having under my belt 10.500 alts and almost 3.000 mps, i believe i have the credentials to offer my opinion about these ''strange'' performances and question them.

Stay safe.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 3:39 AM

Yiannis, Master tees are not assumed, all veteran showdowns are played from them, just like all Casablanca coin rounds are played from Master tees. There's zero % chance you played yours from the tips. Nobody does in veteran showdowns. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 4:40 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Yiannis, Master tees are not assumed, all veteran showdowns are played from them, just like all Casablanca coin rounds are played from Master tees. There's zero % chance you played yours from the tips. Nobody does in veteran showdowns. 

I can assure you the 3 holes i played at STA (one of them was No17), they were on the back tees. Now...i realize what you are saying but you know well that sometimes even in this format, you get only the back tees on certain courses (for example, i have never hit a tee on No17 from a different tee spot). Yeah...the hole choice can be random, i agree. But, talking about conditions and level playing fields, i would like to close with a statement from a moderator 11 years ago:

''Do you believe us when we say that we don't do so in an individual, unknown, shady deal but rather in public, across the board manner that affects every player the exact same way? This is for the consumer to decide.''

Every player in the exact same way!!!

So...the if this, if that, if the other one argument becomes somehow pointless after the above statement.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 4:56 AM

I believe #17 has the same distance tees for Masters and for legends? Not 100% sure on that one. Otherwise, your opinions are completely valid, regardless of if we agree or not.

As for the tees, just for fun pay attention on where you're teeing off in the final. I'm 100 % sure all tees are blue ("hard", "Master"), even if they're the same length as the tips on a few holes (as some are). I'm positive everyone else can vouch for that as well. 

RSS