Forums

Help › Forums

cheaters

Thu, Mar 30 2023 6:18 AM (111 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 12:28 PM

Whoever believes that there are cheaters in this game, he's probably out of his mind!!!

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 2:01 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Whoever believes that there are cheaters in this game, he's probably out of his mind!!!

I'm not quite following...Is it the 1st guy on the list that you believe is cheating? A TL should  certainly be capable of posting a -17 over 18 holes I would think, what am I missing?

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 2:15 PM

Sometimes i wonder if all of us are playing the same game. And to answer your question...NO, a TL who hits all the time 62-63 and above, cannot hit -17 with 32 winds at STA.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 2:38 PM

Yiannis1970:
    NO, a TL who hits all the time 62-63 and above, cannot hit -17 with 32 winds at STA.

😭😭😭

It looks legit to me.  His stats show that he's pretty good with approaches, sand saves, and scrambling, and that he plays a lot of coin games.  Maybe he got favorable green speeds and wind directions during his Showdown rounds.  

In any event, I'd worry less about his game and more about yours.  You have 9 holes to catch him.  Good luck.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 3:02 PM

Yep, i was worrying too...took you too long to respond!!!

Maybe the earth is flat too.

I put his stats above...now, what you read is another issue...

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 3:45 PM

Yiannis1970:
    I put his stats above...now, what you read is another issue...

What you put in your post was his recent Score History, not his stats.  And the Score History you posted does not include his performance in coin games, which are generally a little easier.  Showdowns, as you know, are played in coin rooms.

Here are his stats that I was referring to in my post:

He looks like a pretty good player to me.  Certainly somebody who's capable of shooting -17 over 18 holes in coin rooms, without cheating.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 3:53 PM

Nothing new here...was a pleasure as always talking to you!!!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 4:00 PM

Likewise, Yiannis.  Good luck in your Showdown 🍀

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 4:03 PM

SamSpayed:
    It looks legit to me.  His stats show that he's pretty good with approaches, sand saves, and scrambling, and that he plays a lot of coin games.  Maybe he got favorable green speeds and wind directions during his Showdown rounds. 

Doesn't everyone, in the same league, get the same green speeds. I don't really see his stat's as that good, and some are wgt nonsense, but I also don't see that they need to be.

Yiannis, yes there are cheats in the showdown but that's mainly multi's and perhaps, depends how you view them, restarts.  They only benefit at rookie.

Lets say he usually shoots -10 in tournaments, and ignore the fact that those of us below top level are inconsistent.  In the Veteran Showdown he's wearing apparel and is off shorter tees, add to that a plethora of par 5's (5or 6?) from these short tees with his boosted driver etc.  The slower greens on many holes also make scoring easier. So an improved score is surely to be expected and -17 probably isn't even going to lead your section. St A's was about the only course without a par 5 but it was only three holes and I didn't have winds that strong.

Also if he can cheat why would he only do so in the showdown? 

RSS