Forums

Help › Forums

Royale Showdown glitch and forfeiture

Mon, Sep 11 2023 8:23 PM (4 replies)
  • L0ngballhitter
    12 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 8:41 AM

Played in the Royale Showdown today. I was -1 and under the cut after 6 holes. During the 3-6 hole match, the opponent forfeited after two holes. That seemed to go just fine. It tried to reconnect and eventually I was given the win and allowed to continue. On the next round of 6-9 holes, we were tied after one hole. Both were on the green putting and he missed hs birdie and was putting for par. I was laying inside 2' for birdie. The timer went to zero and just sat there.

After it hit zero it sat there for up to another minute. I tried to look at the scorecard or just load a new screen and nothing. It then said reconnecting but was on the putting screen. Still nothing after what felt like a few more minutes. I shut down and reloaded WGT.

When it loaded I was sent to the Royale page to find out I was given two bogeys for the two holes I could not complete missing the cut and losing out on 18,000+ coins.

This same scenario happen during the last show down event, but it happened in the finals and gave me 3 bogeys.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 11:05 AM

L0ngballhitter:
    After it hit zero it sat there for up to another minute. I tried to look at the scorecard or just load a new screen and nothing. It then said reconnecting but was on the putting screen. Still nothing after what felt like a few more minutes. I shut down and reloaded WGT

Same scenario happened to me in first round.  Opponent's shot clock ran down to 0 on first green, then nothing was accessible the players just "spinning".  I couldn't access the scorecard or anything else.  Thought connection must've timed out or something and game was frozen (but weird part was the flag was still waving).  I guess I was just luckier or faster to close the app than you - when I reopened the app I was taken back to the game, given a 1st warning for "delay of game", then the rest of the game went on just fine with me by myself and no bogies or other negative crap like a lot of people are experiencing.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 9:44 AM

Similar issue.  Was watching opponent and lost connection.  After returning, opponent had hit his approach shot and I was on my second timeout.  Somehow lost about 2 minutes.

• Trkyhunter01
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 10:44 AM

I was playing the current showdown. Did not lose connection. Took 3 holes from me and gave me bogeys.it’s a glitch at their end.

• lundy019
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 8:23 PM

I hear you buddy. I made the last round, which took a week, and the same thing just happened to me 

RSS