Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket Tournament

Wed, May 29 2024 9:43 AM (2 replies)
  • deke55
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2024 12:11 PM

I just played a tournament round, 18 holes, Oakmont. 13 of the holes were against the wind, 5 of the holes were cross wind. Not a single hole with the wind. Can someone tell me HOW this is even possible???? With that many holes against the wind, seems logical there has to be some with the wind.

• SamSpayed
    4,927 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2024 2:07 PM

deke55:

I just played a tournament round, 18 holes, Oakmont. 13 of the holes were against the wind, 5 of the holes were cross wind. Not a single hole with the wind. Can someone tell me HOW this is even possible???? With that many holes against the wind, seems logical there has to be some with the wind.

Wind directions are completely random for most tournaments.  WGT did recently add the capability (for themselves) to set the wind direction for the entire course (within a particular range) for a tournament, but so far they've only been doing that for some of their premier tournaments.

Also, congratulations on making your first Forum post after nearly 10 years playing WGT 🏆

• Squatch031
    182 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2024 9:43 AM

Welcome to WGT.  Same thing happens on some greens; you can hit a putt downhill and go past the hole and the putt coming back is also downhill.

RSS