Forums

Help › Forums

cheaters

Thu, Mar 30 2023 6:18 AM (111 replies)
  • REDAW45
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2023 11:44 AM

They are letting too many players play under a second name  why they do it is beyond me

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 4:12 AM

REDAW45:

They are letting too many players play under a second name  why they do it is beyond me

If you are sure this happening send CS a message with names and your proof they are cheating. Cheers

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 6:28 AM

callaghan159:

REDAW45:

If you are sure this happening send CS a message with names and your proof they are cheating. Cheers

In my opinion it's likely many are not cheating.  If you go to your account on a mobile device you will see a red "Delete my Account"  button.  If you press that then you no longer have an account.  Now you are free to give the game another try with a new name, hack tees, 10ft gimmes, putt preview (?) etc.

Wgt say Apple and Android insisted they add it and with the threat of not being in these app stores it's understandable that they did.  There is however, in my opinion, a lot they have done that has made the situation worse. Admittedly some of it I can see; (how easy it is to get XP and level up, the good equipment available at low levels, for example) while things like the putt stuff is anecdotal. 

It also used to be that people that have had an account, deleted it and then opened another, were not allowed to enter competitions with a prize until they reached their previous tier.  I have not heard of a single instance of this being the case with the people that have recently had an account, deleted it and then opened another.  There is no button for PC players, unless they also have the game on a mobile device.

If you see more than one active account, that you know belong to the same person, then they are cheating :-)

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 7:05 AM

IMHO, WGT has let down players over L102. Until that point there are clubs to be earned by leveling up to help improve our scores. I'm just 4 levels from that point and starting to wonder what's the point to continue after buying the hallowed driver. My hats off to those who have reached L150 and holy smokes L200! From what I've heard L201 is pretty much unattainable. 

My point being, starting over can sound intriguing when burn out overcomes the fun. I'm sure not all those that start over are looking to gain advantage over the rest of us. 

I realize this thread is aimed at those with more than one account, not necessarily starting over. Just used this thread as my rant against the lack of end game here. :)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 8:21 AM

Duphpherer:
    IMHO, WGT has let down players over L102. Until that point there are clubs to be earned by leveling up to help improve our scores. I'm just 4 levels from that point and starting to wonder what's the point to continue after buying the hallowed driver.
    Is shopping for clubs the ultimate goal of this game? I think not.

And even if so, you still have half of your past journey before you, to get from 2,000,000 to 3,000,000 XPs.

And, there is a pile of tiers waiting for you, three in total, presumably 2,000+ RRs to play.

I'm hoping for you that your pleasure in the game will not pass away too soon...

Have fun!!

• Golfguy992
    18 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2023 12:56 PM

100% this.   Even in coin games.  Level 30-50  Basic male avatar, no purchased clothes or equipment (maybe a putter or driver sometimes)   Claims to be a "Pro" but shoots 4 under par for nine holes.  Ringers, cheaters, whatever you want to call them.  If I play 10 coin games at least 3 will be against that opponent.  

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2023 11:02 AM

Just played one in a Beverly Hills coin game.  I beat him but as a level 22 amateur he shot one under on the PGA course.  Made a lot of scrambling pars.  Definitely not a newbie.

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2023 1:21 PM

To restart the game, removing the previous account, in my opinion is not to cheat.

To have lots of accounts, yes. 

If you restart ( what I had to do when I started playing with my mobile ) is an advantage for a while, but in the end you will play against top players from the farthest tees.

The only real advantage to restart could be to know the game, not to go too fast not to be a legend with crap equipment. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2023 2:56 PM

Squatch031:

Just played one in a Beverly Hills coin game.  I beat him but as a level 22 amateur he shot one under on the PGA course.  Made a lot of scrambling pars.  Definitely not a newbie.

I encounter many players like this in coin rooms. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, when you look at how one plays, you just can tell. They're definitely multi's who's been playing the game for years.

Another kind you should watch out is high level (100+) plus low tier (pro, tour master, etc.) players. Whenever I see them, I immediately alert myself 'cause lots of them, you know they are not out there for a stroll but to play like TCs.

RSS