Sat, Jan 13 2024 5:36 PM (25 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 4:36 PM

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 11:45 PM

Rick6208:

I can agree with Manny when it comes to the SHOWDOWN games, I always play in the Veteran level but WGT holds those SHOWDOWNS in a low coin room ??? Sometimes I’m paired against a Tour Pro or Master and often ask why are you in this room stealing my coins ? I agree with them but explain WGT put here to play the SHOWDOWN !

ITS ABOUT TIME WGT CREATES A SPECIAL COIN ROOM TO PLAY THE SHOWDOWN EVENT IN !!!! NO COINS REQUIRED , JUST PLAYING FOR BIRDS AND EAGLES !

OK MY RANT IS OVER ! 

The vast majority of showdown participants would be in full agreement with you Rick, surely a dedicated showdown room for each tier where the only players are actually playing the showdown would solve just about all the problems  associated with showdowns. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 12:26 AM

:-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 1:33 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Simon you should make clear BWheelon was not saying that about himself, the way you've quoted makes it look like he was.

You're right. It was the reply he got. Deleted. Sorry.

• HOOKER1955
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 7:16 AM

As far as sandbagging goes, I don't understand how some players can play at any level above HACK with an average of 150. If I'm a MASTER I'm required to play with an average of 63 and hold that average for 30 games before I can move up to the next TIER. Thats all fine and dandy but that should apply to everyone. Explain to me how someone with an average of 150 with no player stats or any previous game scores can play as a MASTER or any tier above HACK? When someone that's brand new at this game and wants to try his or her self against another player of like skills with an average of 150 you (WGT) will unknowingly put that poor new guy up against a MASTER because that MASTER shows an average of 150 with zero past stats or any past game scores. Thus the new guy gets stomped, loses his or her coins and is very frustrated that he cant possibly beat that sandbagging MASTER. I've asked when paired up against one of these players why when they are a MASTER they don't show any past history and how they can play in a MASTERS tier with an average of 150. Thier reply was that they don't know and that's how its always been. In the meantime they're laughing all the way to the bank with coins won (cheated) some newer player out of. There needs to be some kind of consistency all across the board. If a Master needs to play and maintain a certain average for so many games before moving up to the next tier then the same rules should apply to everyone regardless of what tier they are playing in.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 9:56 AM

Some time in the not-too-distant-past WGT allowed coin game players to advance tiers without ranked rounds nor stats. Coin games don't count as ranked games, hence, you can have Tour Champs without a single stat. This doesn't mean they haven't worked hard on their game. Just a different game path created by WGT and does not designate that someone cheated.. 

Tourneys are sorted by tiers not levels.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 10:33 AM

!

RSS