Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile Players w/150 Averages

Mon, May 3 2021 9:07 AM (79 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 4:49 PM

MGB01:
    assuming its flash.....i cant imagine how someone shoots 15 shots difference on the same format......doesnt seem logical to me......

I'm sorry. Must be me. I still don't see how you're coming to the conclusions you are or what you're even looking at. 

But that's fine. I really doesn't matter. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 4:50 PM

MarchieB:

MGB01:
       is mobile easier than pc........17 under for a legend on mobile.....yet on his page he is averaging 70 on flash.....that is a big difference.....ill let everyone come to there own conclusion.....    

Im not naming the player.....seems im having a dig at him......im not......just seems to me a big difference in performance

[i'm] assuming its flash.....i cant imagine how someone shoots 15 shots difference on the same format......doesnt seem logical to me......

Robert1893:
    MarchieB:
    Who are you referring to? 

Thank you!  I thought I was the only who didn't understand who he's referring to. 

LOL!!!! 😂😄😂 

When I originally asked who MGB01 was referring to, I was genuinely & honestly just curious as to who the person was because I wanted to have a look at their stats and see what was what. I didn't expect to be ROTFLMAO a few days later when I would realize (as i just did now) that I think he was referring to ME !!! OMG that's so funny!!!

MGB01 if you were speaking about me ...  then a few words of advice. Never ASSUME anything it can only come back to bite you on the ASS!! and make you look like one at the same time!!  I would also refrain from using the word LOGICAL when referring to your posts or your conclusions as you're out to lunch on this one.

wrong again marchieb.......did i say it was you.....? not even seen your profile....why would you assume i was talking about you exactly ?

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 4:53 PM
    my point is 15 shots avg difference isnt logical.....on the same format......not hard to understand really
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 4:56 PM

MGB01:
    my point is 15 shots avg difference isnt logical.....on the same format......not hard to understand really

I get that. I understand that. And, as an aside, there are plenty of reasons why that would happen. 

What I don't understand is how you came to the conclusion that one was played on mobile and the other was played on flash. At least, that's what I understood you to be saying. 

If they were played on different formats, how can you tell which round was played on which format? 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 4:58 PM
    Robert1893:

MGB01:

I get that. I understand that. And, as an aside, there are plenty of reasons why that would happen. 

What I don't understand is how you came to the conclusion that one was played on mobile and the other was played on flash. At least, that's what I understood you to be saying. 

If they were played on different formats, how can you tell which round was played on which format? 

irrelevant.....15 shots avg difference is my point.....hence why i asked if its easier to putt on mobile......
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:01 PM

MGB01:
    irrelevant.....15 shots avg difference is my point.....hence why i asked if its easier to putt on mobile......

It would seem relevant if the lower round were played on flash and the higher round were played on mobile. ðŸ˜€

Regardless, the consensus has always been that putting (in general) is more difficult on mobile than on flash. As one person put it a long time ago, if he could hit his drives and approaches on mobile and then switch to flash for putting, that would be a perfect situation.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:09 PM

This is a picture of an asteroid crater in Arizona. Look how close it came to hitting the visitors' center (circled).

Boy! Were the people who worked there lucky.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:09 PM
    i have played many pros in the h2h rooms they being on mobile and me on launcher and most lower level mobile players putt a damm site better than some high level players on flash......thats just my personnal experiences......that is the reason i assume mobile putting is the easiest of the 3 formats.....
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 7:34 PM

Robert1893:
    I'm sorry. Must be me. I still don't see how you're coming to the conclusions you are or what you're even looking at.  But that's fine. I really doesn't matter.

Robert1893, he is either talking about me (Legend / 70.50 AVG / Shot a 57 (-15) 4 days ago on St Andrews in a CC Tourney) OR he’s talking about a mystery person who has not even commented in this thread as every one else is either above Legend and/or has a AVG of 67 or less. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 1:58 AM

MGB01:
    yet on his page he is averaging 70 on flash..

since you can play any WGT tourney on CC tourney other than uneven lies on mobile how do you base that his average is only flash derived?

look.  people that have high averages that play mobile simply don't play that many tourneys aka Ranked Rounds. 

And the reason is generally because 1v1 competition has more thrill to it to many than sitting by yourself and just playing. 

Besides anyone that really puts any stock at all into an average is being kind of dumb. It's too easily manipulated.

If you really want to know who the better people are then look at their history to see what tourneys they play and compare that to their average.

average is at best a minor indicator of skill in this game. it, like tier,  is usually manipulated to fulfill a public ego image. 

and for the record showdowns aren't good indicators of average because they are performed from the forward tees too. 

The neat thing about mobile is there isn't any indicator of skill other than, do they play bellagio and how long did someone last in bellagio before they go broke. 

RSS