Fri, Feb 23 2024 7:02 AM (175 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 3:47 AM

borntobesting:
    angusaurus:
    Instant replay
    We lost that when Flash went away

Indeed, we have to make our own arrangements now.

AMD Radeon software has a nice little in-game replay feature...

...which shows 5 - 30 seconds of game play (after pressing a keyboard shortcut) in a *little video window. The window is only there for the duration of the replay.

You can also save a replay that is not played back immediately in a small window. This option allows you to save a replay of a longer duration from 15 seconds to 20 minutes.

If you have both options enabled in the software, then you can chose which one you want to use with their different keyboard shortcuts.

* The replay window size and position is configurable in Radeons software. The replay is also saved in your videos folder.

ADVISORY : The record desktop setting will add a small load to your graphics card, in my case it's about 5%, so not enough to affect the game performance, but this will depend on your machine. I would not leave this setting enabled all the time, only when you want to record replays in a game.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2023 6:59 AM

Scot is there anything like that that you know of for us  Nvidia users?

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2023 7:52 AM

Hi Joe, I don't keep up with what Nvidia does, but they appear to have a thing called ShadowPlay which looks pretty similar to Radeon's ReLive.

I don't know how to set it up but my link should get you started.

⇩ EDIT : Thanks PG.  ; ) ⇩

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2023 2:23 PM

borntobesting:

Scot is there anything like that that you know of for us  Nvidia users?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 2:49 AM

Stupidly, I forgot to mention the hotkeys for the replays.

1. In Radeon's software, click the gear icon (top right).

2. Click the Hotkeys tab.

3. Use Hotkeys needs to be enabled, obviously.

4. Save Instant Replay (control + shift + s) saves a predetermined length of game footage to your videos folder.

5. Save In-Game Replay (control + shift + u) saves a predetermined length of game footage to your videos folder and also plays that clip in a small window.

If you hover over any of the hotkey names, two arrows will appear, a jump to setting arrow takes you to the settings for that hotkey feature and a reset hotkey arrow. If you have customized a hotkey by clicking on it and typing in your own, then clicking the reset hotkey brings back the default setting.

• Pvall
    33 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 8:08 AM

Good point - whilst we click through numerous stages sponsor etc etc to get to the finish then you find your opponent who you've had a good game with has lost the will to live & left the game.. 

MORE PRESSING POINTS IN MY VIEW:

GIVE ME REVERSE VIEW DURING EVERY SHOT. GOOD TO SEE THE WIND IMPACT.

PLEASE GET RID OF THAT AWFUL EXCELLTENT SHOT GIMMIC GRAPHIC - I CANT SEE THE PUTT CHIP PITCH ETC..    

WHY WHEN CHIPPING PITCHING IT TAKES SOOOOOOO LONG TO ACTUALLY SHOW THE IMPACT OF YOUR SHOT ON THE GREEN.

CLASH - SORT IT OUT FOR US SMALL CLUBS - WE CANT WIN XXXX. POINTLESS EVEN TRYING. LEAGUE FORMAT NEEDED WITH VALID PRIZES. LET THE BIG TWITCH/DISCORD ADVISOR TEAMS WIN THE NORMAL BIG STUFF ALONE.

WINDS & GREEN SPEED SEEM TO BE VERY ISHY AT THE MOMENT - ESPECIALLY ON LINKS.

SHOP BALLS -  STOP SELLING BALLS WITH SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW METER - SOME OF US DO LIKE IT QUICK....  GIVE ME A STARTER BALL WITH SOME BANGING DISTANCE & A BIT OF SPIN.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 8:35 AM

How are you getting on with ShadowPlay, Joe. Or aren't you?

I've gone back to OBS for recording game moments. With OBS you can record the window/s you want and I wasn't sure that could be achieved with Radeon's software. I previously abandoned OBS because I couldn't separate the music I was playing on my PC from anything I was streaming or recording, but there appears to have been a few updates from OBS which now includes an option to pipe audio through from any particular application, so I'm now able to listen to my music without it coming out in a stream or a recording.

A couple of things that Radeon does that OBS doesn't, is give you an instant replay and also an indication that you have saved a replay. With OBS there is no confirmation that you have hit your keyboard shortcut correctly to save a replay, so you have to have a quick look in your replays folder for confirmation if you need that.

• callaghan159
    6,229 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 10:10 AM

Pvall:
    STOP SELLING BALLS WITH SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW METER

if you dont like the slow meter balls then dont buy them, some like myself like and need the slow meter--sheesh

Pvall:
    SOME OF US DO LIKE IT QUICK.... 

Thats what she said lol....all kidding aside there are plenty of fast meter balls, in fact there are more fast meter balls than there are slow meter balls so maybe I could say there should be more slow meter balls even though the slow meter balls cost more. Cheers

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 11:46 AM

I think his complaint is there are no faster meter balls (for example, 1.0 or 2.) that have both high spin (3.5 or higher) and high distance (4.0 and higher). It's a legitimate complaint that I've seen others make over the years.

If players want a.ball with at least 3.5 spin and at least 4.0 distance, then they have to use a ball with meter speed of at least 3.0.

And if players want a ball with a spin of 4.0 or higher and distance 5.0 or higher, then they have to play with a meter speed of at least 3.5.

If they like the faster meter of the starter ball, then they literally have zero options (if they also want higher spin and higher distance).

• craigswan
    31,029 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 12:15 PM

Worse Weather Conditions .

The 18th hole at The Old Course in St Andrews was waterlogged

RSS