Forums

Help › Forums

What new things do you want to see?

Fri, Feb 23 2024 7:02 AM (175 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 11:01 AM

I meant is old news how WGT makes the order.

• BlackBogey
    287 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 3:44 AM

bossbird:

It’s not old news to ask to see other players scorecards , you may know better than most Yiannis but some other players still don’t know how it is worked out , 

While the tiebreaker process is clearly spelled out if you click Rules and then Tiebreaker, I kind of agree with Bossbird - it would be nice to see the scorecards for comparison.

I finished 1st in my bracket this last time via a tiebreaker (I believe by virtue of birdieing the last 4 holes played and also finishing ahead of the other player) but would be nice to know for sure exactly what put me over the top.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 3:40 PM

Yiannis1970:
    On 9 hole game if everything is the same, who has played his/her round first.

I have thought the same for years, but it's actually not true. The final tiebreaker is who signed up first, not who played first. Why do you think Seb always enters a bracket in #1 or #2 spot 😉. Stumbled upon that after winning a round with a 9 birdie round against someone with the same card, who posted his score before I did, but I signed up before him. I thought there was a glitch, but it was actually Dodgyputter who thought of the idea, that "1st entry" actually means the 1st to sign up instead of the 1st to play. It turned out to be true and proved a number of times since that. We could probably all agree it's the stupidest way to resolve a tie, but that's what it is.

@Bossbird

As for SD countbacks, it was tested and explained here

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/725341.aspx

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 5:06 PM

So, the difference is who's signing in first....and not who's playing first....got it.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2023 5:29 AM

bossbird:

WGT Nico, I would like to ask to be able to see the top three leaders scorecards for the showdowns please. There is always discussion about count back and who or why someone is placed above another. Having just finished second but on the same score as the winner , I would like to see the winners scorecard to do a comparison and understand the placing . Thank you 

It would be nice to be able to see other's scorecards, but I'd be careful of asking for anything like that - just look at all the bugs they put in when a simple update goes in.  For instance, how long has it been since they've tried to put in a leaderboard with more than 20 players... and it's still not live across all comps because I can only assume it's still not right.

However, as AnaNikolaj said above, a few of us decided to test out the tiebreaker rules.  I've tried to find another thread where I explained in more detail the testing we did, the results we got, and what we were able to conclude, but it seems WGT have deleted the thread - they obviously don't want people to know how the tiebreaker works, and one can only wonder why???  And if that's the case you will never get your request granted!

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2023 12:21 PM

How about the new Ping Putter  DS level 72 putter with better specifications similar specifications to the Titleist and Taylor made  top of the range putters

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 9:55 AM

I've got an easy one that perhaps could be fixed "while you're in there". I play a lot of coin games because it's fun and quick. After the match, there is almost always a chat message (1) left hanging and when it's clicked on, it only says "your opponent left chat". 

Eliminate that totally unnecessary message counting as chat message. Sometimes there actually is a real message but most times it's the game pranking us. 

Nothing important that demands priority, but I don't like leaving a real message unreplied.

• angusaurus
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 8:08 PM

Weather effects (rain, fog, heat, cold)

Daylight changes (morning, noon, evening)

Tournament Galleries (how  about some love along the course from fans)

Instant replay

Save your favorite instant replays in a common format (use outside of WGT to make your own highlight reel, etc.)

Prizes could be better - finish in the top 10 and you don't win enough to buy a golf ball?  Sad.

• angusaurus
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 8:11 PM

Stop the intrusive messages that appear in front of the gameplay (such as when you hit the ball dead center, or when you remove the flag, or when you reach a goal or hit an achievement)

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Thu, Sep 21 2023 10:11 AM

angusaurus:
    Instant replay
    We lost that when Flash went away

RSS