Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:37 AM

"Nonetheless, your reply surely demonstrates that you think of yourself as an "old timer"."  

Opy has been around wgt since January, 2009. Wow.

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:49 AM

ct690911:
    "Nonetheless, your reply surely demonstrates that you think of yourself as an "old timer"." 

Thanks Colin, I had gone back and deleted that, but apparently you had already replied - LOL

Figured it may have been too harsh of a thing to say, considering his age and all.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:53 AM

HamdenPro:

EDIT: I also meant to ask you, did they have yellow balls back then or was everything still black and white?

Back in the day when there were only WGT balls, there were various colours just as there are now with those WGT balls.

I think the first branded ball was the Callaway (at something like 300cr per sleeve), and only available in white.  I don't think non-white branded balls were available before 2014, after that I don't know when they became available as I stopped playing regularly for a while (maybe just 3 or 4 times a year).

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 11:14 AM

MioKontic:
    Back in the day when there were only WGT balls, there were various colours just as there are now with those WGT balls.

Do you believe that the ball shown above could be a left over ball from when a player could pick them up?  I also seem to think that the player could not pick up a ball unless they had a bag.

Do you, or anyone else reading this, know anything about this? If anyone has actually picked up a ball, it would be great if you could chime in.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 2:10 PM

I kinda sorta remember thats when or about the same time as the Dove balls , but then im not sure do to my old age , by the way ,  What did i have for lunch today .

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 2:17 PM

opyeuclid:
    I kinda sorta remember thats when or about the same time as the Dove balls

Dove balls?

opyeuclid:
    What did i have for lunch today .

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 2:18 PM

HamdenPro:
    I also seem to think that the player could not pick up a ball unless they had a bag.

Only bag i remember back then was the dimer the caddie had for sale out back of the pro shop . I could be wrong .  Off to the early bird special at the dinner bell , I think its thursday so it should be creamed chicken with mashed tatoes and green peas , now if i could just remember how to get there . 

OPY

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 3:15 PM

HamdenPro:

Do you believe that the ball shown above could be a left over ball from when a player could pick them up?  I also seem to think that the player could not pick up a ball unless they had a bag.

Do you, or anyone else reading this, know anything about this? If anyone has actually picked up a ball, it would be great if you could chime in.

I don't really, although it seems I was just about here, it sounds like it was an option in skins and just meant you were out of that hole.  It was buggy though and often transported players in space and time :-)  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 3:21 PM

HamdenPro:
    Dove balls?

Dove balls were a USA freebie  Pick up bug (fixed the link I hope) 

(there's a few threads about both).

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 4:04 PM

HamdenPro:
    EDIT: I also meant to ask you, did they have yellow balls back then or was everything still black and white?

Please , Im so old I do remember the " Cave Painting "  of   Faterson ,  from Andyson 

OPY

RSS