Forums

Help › Forums

pick up ball bug

Fri, Jan 6 2012 8:34 AM (7 replies)
  • Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:21 AM

I just did a skins game with three other players and the game was a total joke. At the 6th  hole Beth front I hit pick up the ball after a bad drive to save time and on the 7th the game wouldn't let me take a tee shot. Instead I find my ball laying in the weeds somewhere near some thick woods never having hit my drive lol, I tried to hack it out but it was useless so I hit pick up ball on the 7th as well. So we go on to the 8th and I'm 3 rd to tee off but the same thing happens. My ball  laying in the rough somewhere and I can't take a tee shot. Then the screen turns blue and we go back into lobby and when we return to the game where transported back in time to the 7th hole with my ball in the weeds where it was last time LOL. So I forfeited to get the farce over with.  A refund for my lost credits would be nice, but I won't be holding my breath.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:17 AM

Golfspieler:
    A refund for my lost credits would be nice, but I won't be holding my breath.

Email them Frank, at members@worldgolftour.com they should give you a refund at least (maybe a pack of Nike's on top for your troubles) they sorted my challenge match problem out within a day, and gifted some balls to try out aswell

I've only had the pick up ball once in a skins match, my opponent picked up his ball but every thing seemed o.k. Yours sounds like a PROPER bug!LOL

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:23 AM

Did you happen to notice "any type" of triangulation  ?  

After transporting back to the weeds at the 7'th , did you notice "any type" of crop circling ?

If so , did you retrieve a stem of fescue for radioactivity testing ?

Have you called Yancy and Mel yet  ?

Ace

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:06 AM

Was kinda thinking of Yancy when we went back to 7th after we where on 8th LOL. These unexplainables and mysteriables are right up his alley.

Chris I won't waste an e-mail on it, It'll be Christmas next year before I hear back. Don't care no more.

• FlyinDoc
    201 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:21 AM

This happened in a Skins game today to me too (not after a Pick Up ball though). Clicked to putt one, and game crashed. Reloaded, but next hole tee shot got a view of the rough and nothing else. Another disconnect would have been a penalty. One of the others was kind enough to disconnect and reload instead. Same thing next hole, and every hole after till the end. Submitted Bug Reports. Hope they get this sorted asap.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:55 PM

Hi

Did you happen to right click and submit a detailed bug report? It's a new feature so maybe there is something there which can be improved and the best way to let us know if via bug reports. Forum posts are also fine but so much harder to reproduce it compare to bug reports.

Either way, please drop us an email , explain the situation and we'll see what can be done.

-wgticon

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 7:48 AM

I very much want to thank WGT customer service for getting back to me about the problem I had. I know they were very busy over the holidays so it took a few weeks but I did get a response from them and had my issue resolved. I read so many complaints about wgt here so I had to give them credit when they do an excellent job. So once again thank you wgt !

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 8:34 AM

Had this happen a few days back

RSS