Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 8:12 AM

Many members are aware of the hidden signs on Chambers Bay and the easter eggs on Pinehurst (as well as Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny lurking around). 

In addition, there are many objects and strange things spread throughout the WGT kingdom. I figure there should be some means of documenting these strange things and hidden objects., hence, this thread.

It would be great if, when you see an object, or strange thing, document it and post it here. It could be a screen shot or a video. If you do not know how to do either, or do not know how to store, upload and the paste in the threads, give a shout out.

I have been told about random golf carts, pick-up trucks.... all kinds of stuff people have found, so, to start things off, here are three:

#1 - Spectators on Pebble Beach, some say it is a golfer and caddie, some say it is a photographer and helper, what do you think?

#2 - Golf Carts - this particular one was viewed from the rear green cam looking back at the tee on #7 PB. I have seen it as well on the cart path by the green, with an ariel shot after teeing off- sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not:

#3 - Ball Marker on #12 Chambers. This one was sent to me the other day by a friend. He was not sure, but thought he saw a ball marker - you be the judge.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 8:41 AM

HamdenPro:

I always thought those were sprinkler heads...A lot of them on chambers around greens.

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 8:45 AM

PureGro1:
    I always thought those were sprinkler heads...A lot of them on chambers around greens.

Yes, there quite a few sprinkler heads on CB. However, the ones I have seen are larger and dark in color. From the first photo, in comparison to size of the club head, this appears to be a ball marker. 

EDIT: I know one green in particular, on CB, that has two sprinkler heads at the front. I will try to play it later and grab a screen shot to compare.

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 8:56 AM

Good initiative Steff.

Yancycan was into this sort of thing (sadly, he doesn't seem to be around anymore) and I think Opy was sort of his sidekick. He may have some interesting observations to contribute.

TBH, the only strange thing I  ever see is when the ball drops on my first putt...lol

colin sends

• SamSpayed
    4,888 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 10:51 AM

I agree with PureGro that the object on the green at CB #12 is a sprinkler head.

I believe the 2 people behind PB #5 are WGT photographers.  It looks like the one on the right in the blue shirt is looking through a camera that he is holding with both hands.

Here is the pick-up truck I told Steff about.  It's behind the green at Pebble Beach #18.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 10:54 AM

Just curious. Are these objects discoverable on the mobile version or is this something that is strictly limited to PC?

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 10:55 AM

+1 Colin!

I have my girl sitting on the fence to the right of STA #18, but you'll see her only from a specific distance ;)

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 11:21 AM

SamSpayed:

I agree with PureGro that the object on the green at CB #12 is a sprinkler head.

I believe the 2 people behind PB #5 are WGT photographers.  It looks like the one on the right in the blue shirt is looking through a camera that he is holding with both hands.

Here is the pick-up truck I told Steff about.  It's behind the green at Pebble Beach #18.

Nice pic up Sam.

I think the truck is always there, so maybe not a "hidden" object, but definitely belongs in this thread.

Hidden objects would be those that cannot be viewed from different camera angles or simply disappear if you move your ball a few feet away. Some, you have to be right on top of.

I guess, when posting here, we could state whether is "hidden" object or unique or just a plain ole' strange thing.

As for sprinkler, I do not agree...yet. I will go back to CB and see if I can grab a pic of a sprinkler head. It does look different then the pic above (which by the way, was captured by Dhall32123 the other day).

OK< so, how about this one, grabbed it this morning on #6 Merion (which by the way, has many objects scattered about - Mysterious Merion!!)

Also, check this out - Now you see me, now you don't .....New cloaking apparel?

Click on pic/vid above and it will open in Imgur separately to view if you cannot see it here.

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 5:44 PM

That strange garden on Merion, well, upon closer examination, I decided to take a stroke and leave the area.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 7:50 PM

HamdenPro:

Also, check this out - Now you see me, now you don't .....New cloaking apparel?

That is cool, remember a tree shot on some course where it looked like the tree was holding the club.

HamdenPro:

That strange garden on Merion, well, upon closer examination, I decided to take a stroke and leave the area.

Lmao!! Shoulda known you would find it!

RSS