Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2022 8:44 AM

Something strange on Congressional #1, behind green. Took 2 screen shots, both 96yds out, one has what looks to be some type of cart and the other does not.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2022 8:52 AM

Hmm.... even while you are looking for these things, you probably still hit better shots than I did...lol

ct

ps: I was easily distracted by the chatter during the game...(:

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2022 9:00 AM

I believe that is the vehicle the National Archives uses to transport classified documents to the concealed storage locker located under the pond on #18. They ran out of room at Ft Ritchey and needed an alternate location that was closer to home. The driver probably didn’t have his invisibility cloak on in your first image.

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2022 10:27 AM

It's a Google Maps van?

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:09 PM

OK, Sam had pointed out a pick up truck and an airplane, here is a couple cars parked in a driveway just off #3 Pebble Beach... not strange, or hidden, but WGT detail never ceases to amaze me.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:11 PM

I am hearing rumours about an alligator on Kiawah....is it possible? Hmmm

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 8:14 AM

More golf carts. This time, #11 Pinehurst, only seen from ariel view upon approach.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 9:12 AM

I have posted a few pics in this thread of, what I call, "phantom balls". I am sure we have all seen them, on one hole or another. These are the ones that you see while watching your "opponent" hit but are not visible when you are hitting. I see them all the time. I am told it is a "glitch".

But, what about the ones that are there no matter who is hitting. Below is an example. These were taken during a tie breaker in a coin room. The yellow ball was there for both of us. I am unsure if this is a "glitch"

If you have seen the "phantom" balls, then you know, the ball is the color of the ball of the player who has not yet hit. So, if my "opponent" is hitting, I would usually see a pink "phantom" ball (as my ball is pink).  In the above case, the ball was yellow.

I heard that years ago, there were balls on the course where a player could pick them up. My understanding is that they could be collected but not used.  I am curious about how that worked and whether the ball in the above pics could be a carryover from the days where you could find, and pick up, a lost ball, and not a "glitch".

Are there any "old timers" who know about this?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 9:30 AM

That was some years ago ,  I never found one and as to if you could use it or not I dont know .

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 9:43 AM

opyeuclid:
    I never found one and as to if you could use it or not I dont know .

I read about these balls in an older thread. My understanding is you could pick them but could not use them. I do not know how they could be picked up or why WGT would have that ability if you could not then use them. That is why I was hoping someone who has had experience with this could provide some more information.

EDIT: I also meant to ask you, did they have yellow balls back then or was everything still black and white?

RSS