Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 7:28 AM

More "phantom balls"

Pebble 7, view from off the tee. Same as the one I posted before but different day, different player. It appears it is always there.

Pebble #7 again, this one was in the bushes..

And the, this one just off the tee, in the fairway on #8:

Here is what I think:

When preparing the courses for mapping, all efforts are made to "clean" the course up. As would be expected, there may be some tee markers and balls that were missed. Some courses, more than others.  I suggest they were not too observant when it came to PB!!

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 9:59 AM

Airplane on Wolf Creek #11

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 11:02 AM

SamSpayed:
    Airplane on Wolf Creek #11

That's pretty cool.  Must be Mesquite Airport which is located right next to Wolf Creek Golf Course.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 11:23 AM

pdb1:
    But I usually have a different view

Cool pics, seen those in earlier threads where you had posted them. These are definitely "glitches" and most likely have been corrected. Now, if you, or anyone else, can get that same effect again, that would be something for sure.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 12:35 PM

Scott,

The view of the airplane, what is the viewing angle? Are you on #12 tee looking back? I’m trying to replicate and cannot get the correct viewing angle (mobile version so maybe not available).

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:05 PM

Cicero733:

The view of the airplane, what is the viewing angle? Are you on #12 tee looking back? I’m trying to replicate and cannot get the correct viewing angle (mobile version so maybe not available).

It's the view from the 11th green looking back toward the 11th tee box.  Once you hit your tee shot on #11 on the PC app, it switches to that view for about 2-3 seconds.  Don't know if it does that on mobile or not.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:15 PM

No mobile doesn’t shift. Explains why I cannot see the image. Thx

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:48 PM

Another Phantom Ball on Kiawah #8. I hit first and could see it from tee and on green when landed. When my partner hit, and landed on green, ball was not there.

What seems interesting is that the ball is seems to be the color of the non-hitting player. If I am hitting, and my partner has a yellow ball, the phantom ball is yellow, when I see it, and when the other player is hitting, the phantom ball is pink (the color of the ball I use).

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:34 PM

Golf cart visible from Pebble Beach #7

RSS