Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 3:43 PM

MioKontic:
    Unfortunately I accidentally taped over that video a few years later and lost the footage, but I don't have a video player now so I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway.

LMAO

A few years ago, I was visiting friends in Sarasota, Florida and we played at a Airco (Public) course. I remember, on one hole, a big alligator was sitting just below a sand trap below the green. We skipped that hole. LOL

I remember a story about a woman who came running into the club house screaming at ran right to the rest room (loo).  A few minutes later, her husband came in laughing. He said she got a little too close to an alligator and it scared her so much, she started running back to the club house. She ran so fast he could not catch her in the cart!!! Never knew if that was a joke or true.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 5:55 PM

HamdenPro:
    From this, I propose that the eggs and bunny were put there by WGT on purpose and may have been inspired by the Easter 2013 Trophy easter egg hunt.

I would think your right, I do believe it would be really neat to hear the story told by those that were involved...The time and thought into the who/what/where of items placed is really an awesome thing in its own right. 

I guess in my head I'm thinking a documentary chronicling how it came to happen (lol), But a thread by those that did it would be just as cool. 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 6:14 PM

PureGro1:
    I do believe it would be really neat to hear the story told by those that were involved.

PureGro1:
    I guess in my head I'm thinking a documentary chronicling how it came to happen (lol), But a thread by those that did it would be just as cool. 

Well, maybe some of the "egxplorers" will tell you all about it. Many are still members and active, some may even be reading these threads.

But for starters, below is a thread documenting the search since the first one was found:

Pinehurst Easter Egg - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

Afterwards, YancyCan was going to do a docu-drama, here is a thread of his in which he post trailers to his documentary:

Easter in September? Pinehurst #2 -- THE FILM - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:52 AM

PureGro1:

The time and thought into the who/what/where of items placed

The 'where' is easy... close to the edges of available play on a hole so that some explorers who have forgotten to change their ball have a good chance of losing it  :)

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:31 AM

HamdenPro:

Well, maybe some of the "egxplorers" will tell you all about it. Many are still members and active, some may even be reading these threads.

But for starters, below is a thread documenting the search since the first one was found:

Neat...fun discussion in those threads.

MioKontic:
    The 'where' is easy... close to the edges of available play on a hole so that some explorers who have forgotten to change their ball have a good chance of losing it  :)

lol, I dont mean Where as in the objects, I meant where did the idea come from...

HP put out the thought that the Actual "Easter Eggs and Bunny" were inspired by a post here. and I tend to agree, but the others I have no idea Where the idea came form, Who had this Idea, When exactly were these all added etc...

I am not debating anything here- just discussing and sharing my own thought on this.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 9:07 AM

PureGro1:
    HP put out the thought that the Actual "Easter Eggs and Bunny" were inspired by a post here. and I tend to agree, but the others I have no idea Where the idea came form, Who had this Idea, When exactly were these all added etc..

It is not too difficult to get a general time when certain things were added by researching the threads. As to who had the ideas, we can only guess for now.

As for Bigfoot, I believe this was something suggested by MisterWGT, Chad Nelson, himself. Chad is from the San Franciso area, where I believe he still resides. In 2010 and 2011 there was a lot of chatter about Bigfoot in the San Fran area which is 167 miles from the "famed" Bigfoot trail in the Stanislaus National Forest.  Given the post on his profile page, in 2010, about putting a gator on Kiawah, I think this is something he may have suggested.

As for the image itself, it looks like it came from a garden statute

Medium Bigfoot The Garden Yeti Statue

From in- game:

If interested, here is a link to a you tube video where a woman, dressed up as bigfoot, ran around a park in San Francisco, in 2011.

Bigfoot sighting San Franciso style

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 9:39 AM

HamdenPro:
    As for Bigfoot, I believe this was something suggested by MisterWGT, Chad Nelson, himself. Chad is from the San Franciso area, where I believe he still resides. In 2010 and 2011 there was a lot of chatter about Bigfoot in the San Fran area which is 167 miles from the "famed" Bigfoot trail in the Stanislaus National Forest.  Given the post on his profile page, in 2010, about putting a gator on Kiawah, I think this is something he may have suggested.

Sounds logical, I would wonder why not Olympic though- also being in San Fran area...

Also wonder if MisterWGT would answer questions about this stuff?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 10:29 AM

PureGro1:
    I would wonder why not Olympic though- also being in San Fran area...

Looking through the threads, it appears when this game very first started, it was only a CTTH Bali Hali, Thereafter, Kiawah was the first 9 holes. We know from MisterWGT's comment in 2010, about gators on Kiawah, it was probably around that time frame. Next came St. A front 9 and the back was a CTTH and then Beth Page was added as it was the sight of the 2009 US Open.

Yancy's comments about the 5th year anniversary, and when he started looking for Bigfoot suggest that he knew about Bigfoot pretty soon after Beth Page was added. This would put the addition of Beth Page in 2010.

Olympic was not added until May, 2012, the same year it hosted the US Open.  I am sure that if Olympic was added before Beth Page, Bigfoot would have been on Olympic, provided a great place to hide.

Note, the US Open has a lot of meaning on WGT.  All the signs found, so far, on Chambers Bay, all have the name of a course which hosted the US Open.

EDIT:  After reading MIO and Dodgy's replies, and they would know, better than me, I was incorrect as to 2010 for Beth Page, it was 2009. I did not make the change above as their replies reference, and respond to, my post above as originally written.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:05 AM

HamdenPro:

Yancy's comments about the 5th year anniversary, and when he started looking for Bigfoot suggest that he knew about Bigfoot pretty soon after Beth Page was added. This would put the addition of Beth Page in 2010.

Bethpage was added in 2009, in line with the US Open, so that the Virtual US Open could also played on that course in the same year.  This was the format for all Virtual US Opens and Virtual Open Championships, unless for some reason WGT weren't able to photograph the course.  I think Royal Lytham & St Annes didn't allow them to photograph the course for the 2012 VOC, after which we never got another Open Championship course, Royal St Georges being the last.  For some reason WGT weren't able to do Pebble Beach for the 2010 VUSO (contractual issues rings a bell), and the other two we haven't had since then are Shinnecock Hills for the 2018 VUSO and Winged Foot for the 2020 VUSO, probably contractual issues again.  And with this pandemic having been around for close on 2 years now, I'd say there's a possibility that we may not get The Country Club for this years VUSO.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:18 AM

Bethpage was added in 2009, and how different things were.

RSS