Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 6:27 AM

MioKontic:
    Trying to figure out if you are serious here or just trying to be funny.  Look at the size of the egg - do you really think someone could be photographing there, or even just walking along that way, and not see it? 

LOL, I do not think PureGro1 was talking about "the" Easter Eggs, he was referring to the terms "easter eggs" as it usually references hidden items in games. It just so happens, as we know, there really are easter eggs, so the terms, as used in this thread, can be confusing.

MioKontic:
    took a few more attempts at finding that ball marker at around 70ft, but still no luck.

I found it behind my avatar when found the right spot about 67 - 68' from the pin on the upper tier. Once you get closer, and the ball is not in motion, the marker is no longer viewable.

As a side note, SamSpayed and I were playing Chambers back 9 last night and saw a sprinkler head in the fairway on #18. I grabbed a screen shot but all you can see, from my angle, was the impression in the fairway where the sprinkler head is located. I saw another one on the hill just below the pin when on approach but did not get a pic. I will go back and grab one if I can.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 6:45 AM

MioKontic:
    Trying to figure out if you are serious here or just trying to be funny.  Look at the size of the egg - do you really think someone could be photographing there, or even just walking along that way, and not see it?  And if they did indeed miss that one, what about the other ones that are dotted around on Pinehurst???  One could not be more certain that WGT added those, just for fun, just like they did Bigfoot on Bethpage #9, and the signs on Chambers.

LOL...the eggs, bunny, Sasquatch etc- were not there during photo-shoot. They were added later, Who added them? I have no idea. Did WGT know they were being added? I again have no idea.

I would really like to hear the story about these, To me its one of two things- 

1. Someone at WGT suggested adding hidden items.
    2. a programmer/developer/artist did this on their own and WGT didn't know about them until they were told by players.

HamdenPro:
    LOL, I do not think PureGro1 was talking about "the" Easter Eggs, he was referring to the terms "easter eggs" as it usually references hidden items in games. It just so happens, as we know, there really are easter eggs, so the terms, as used in this thread, can be confusing.

100% correct, This has been going on in video games and animation for years...The company does not always know about them at time of release though.

That is where my interest is piqued, I would really like to know the back story on how these "Easter Eggs=Hidden Items" Came to be.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 7:07 AM

PureGro1:
    That is where my interest is piqued, I would really like to know the back story on how these "Easter Eggs=Hidden Items" Came to be.

I have sent your inquiry to WGT to see if we can get a reply.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 9:43 AM

PureGro1:
    I would really like to know the back story on how these "Easter Eggs=Hidden Items" Came to be.

OK, after consulting with WGT, this is the official response:

Support (WGT)

Feb 1, 2022, 11:25 AM CST

Hi,
    Thanks for the message back. Unfortunately I wouldn't have any information on how these easter eggs came to be. Sorry!

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

It never ceases to amaze me, how quick they respond to "these" types of inquiries...

Must be a slow day for customer support!!

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 9:51 AM

One of the members in here that will remain un-named, has inserted these items by manipulating the *HTML* 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 10:21 AM

Bigfoot was definitely known about; I'm sure if Yancy was around he'd tell you that it was mentioned in the forum by Chad Nelson possibly, maybe as far back as 2009.

As for the other hidden objects, I do feel WGT do know about them and have put them there on purpose.  No point in send another email... unless it can be escalated up the ranks?

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 11:20 AM

MioKontic:
    Bigfoot was definitely known about; I'm sure if Yancy was around he'd tell you that it was mantioned in the forum by Chad Nelson possibly, maybe as far back as 2009.

Bigfoot was first found on #9 Beth Page, in November, 2014. 

Commencing, November, 2015, to mark the 1st Anniversary of the confirmed sighting, Yancy hosted the "The Beth Page Black Friday Sasquatch Shootout" after, in Yancy's words,...

"5 plus years of WGTers searching for this paranormal legend first mentioned by MisterWGT all up in these very forums!"

Bethpage Black Friday Sasquatch Search Shootout - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

From further research into the threads, Yancy started looking sometime in early November, 2010 after receiving information from "the man cloaked in privacy".

Paranormal Things On WGT Courses? - World Golf Tour

I do not believe Chad Nelson (MisterWGT) was "the man cloaked in privacy" but, given Yancy's post, it would appear that MisterWGT was well aware of Bigfoot. I would imagine it would be the same as with the Easter Eggs.  

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 1:41 PM

gonfission:
    One of the members in here that will remain un-named, has inserted these items by manipulating the *HTML* 

From what I gather, by going through the archives, is that there was an "easter egg hunt" as part of a special tournament, which included an easter egg hunt. However, it appears that this "hunt" was to solve a riddle, or clues, and not to find actual eggs.

Easter 2013 Trophy - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

Then, around September 12, 2014, an egg was found:

Pinehurst Easter Egg - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

A moderator, WGTdbloshoe, replied, in that thread, "Only 17 more to find now... and maybe one other surprise."  

That one surprise was the Easter Bunny.

From this, I propose that the eggs and bunny were put there by WGT on purpose and may have been inspired by the Easter 2013 Trophy easter egg hunt.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 1:47 PM
    Here is a blog post I grabbed off of MisterWGT's profile.... Can you imagine if they actually did this?
    " Favorite Kiawah moment...
    Monday, 04 Jan 2010

I wanted to add these to the game... but the "avatar getting attacked" animation was a bit too graphic."

If you hit too close, the gator will maul your avatar...LMAO

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 3:32 PM

HamdenPro:

Here is a blog post I grabbed off of MisterWGT's profile.... Can you imagine if they actually did this?
    " Favorite Kiawah moment...
    Monday, 04 Jan 2010

I wanted to add these to the game... but the "avatar getting attacked" animation was a bit too graphic."

If you hit too close, the gator will maul your avatar...LMAO

In 1993, 2 years after the Ryder Cup was held at Kiawah (still can't believe Bernhard Langer missed that 6ft'er!), I went with a group over to South Carolina.  We played some courses at Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, and Kiawah Island.  The first day on Kiawah we played the Ocean Course.  It was an overcast day, not one the aligators like apparently, and none were seen.  The following day we played Osprey Point.  This day the sun was shining.  The par 3 6th has water all the way down the left side.  When my group got to the 6th, half way down the hole sunning itself on the bank, what do we see - an aligator!  By the time I got my video camera (no smartphones in those days!) the noise had made the aligator go back into the water.  However, I did manage to get a video of it in the water, just the eyes visible, then slowly it came back out and lay on the bank again.  As each of us teed off, the others in the group weren't ball-watching, we were aligator-watching... ready to run if required!  Unfortunately I accidentally taped over that video a few years later and lost the footage, but I don't have a video player now so I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway.

RSS