Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:37 PM

HamdenPro:
    Yes, there quite a few sprinkler heads on CB. However, the ones I have seen are larger and dark in color. From the first photo, in comparison to size of the club head, this appears to be a ball marker. 

MioKontic:
    As you can see there is a big difference between a sprinkler and a ball marker.  Also, I was in the fringe, which is where you would find a sprinkler; HP's photo is on the green, and you would NEVER find a sprinkler on a green!  Imagine trying to putt over it!!!

Very good points.  Maybe it's a ball marker after all.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 5:25 AM

HP - try as I may, I could not find that ball marker.  I'm guessing you need to be on the highter tier above the pin, near to the left side of the green?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 11:01 AM

MioKontic:
    HP - try as I may, I could not find that ball marker.  I'm guessing you need to be on the highter tier above the pin

Yep, the ball marker is definitely a "hidden object".  After reading your post, I decided to check it out.  Once I got to approx. 68 - 69' above pin, I located the marker. You have to be at the perfect spot to see it. I posted a pic below showing the marker.  I also added a video which show, once you get to a certain point, the marker is no longer seen.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 3:30 PM
    It does look like a ball marker, but why would anyone bother marking a ball that’s 70’ from the hole?
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 3:38 PM

Tony08888:
    It does look like a ball marker, but why would anyone bother marking a ball that’s 70’ from the hole?

So, their ball is not in the way of the player who's ball is 72' from the hole.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 3:48 PM

HamdenPro:

Tony08888:

So, their ball is not in the way of the player who's ball is 72' from the hole.

Lol. Funny. I was thinking it might be a putter weight.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 4:04 PM

SamSpayed:

I agree with PureGro that the object on the green at CB #12 is a sprinkler head.

I believe the 2 people behind PB #5 are WGT photographers

OK, it appears you are one for two here...

It is a ball marker, not a sprinkler head, but the 2 people behind PB #5 may, in fact, be WGT photographers.

I sent the question, as to identification, up to the suits and this was the "Official" response from WGT:

Support (WGT)

Jan 30, 2022, 5:32 PM CST

HI,
    My money would be on these being people photographing/mapping the course. I know they close down the areas of the course to photograph/map the course, so I would doubt these being players because of that. 

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

I would like to point out, this would mean that some of the hidden objects may not have been created by WGT, intentionally. Most of what we see, golf carts, ball markers, etc were there at the time that WGT mapped the courses. 

So, considering the ball marker was 70' away, somebody actually had to mark their ball, astonishing!

Furthermore, consider the possibility that Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny, as well as the eggs, existed when the course was mapped. Even more, visit PureGro1 before considering it, and it is easy to accept this theory.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 1:19 AM

If they closed the course while photographing it why would a stray ball marker be out there?  It looks too big to be a ball marker to me.  I doubt a sprinkler head too.  It's definitely interesting.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 1:58 AM

pmm711:

If they closed the course while photographing it why would a stray ball marker be out there?  It looks too big to be a ball marker to me.  I doubt a sprinkler head too.  It's definitely interesting.

It is definitely a ball marker, you can even see thre's a logo of some sort on it.  And haven't you seen the szie of some of the ball markers these days???  Some pro shops sell ball markers that look like, and are the size of, poker chips!!!  Incidentally, they should be banned in my opinion as they are far too big!

Finally, I have seen what you called 'stray' markers on greens.  I can give you a few scanrios, but here's just one...
    Imagine playing a 4BBB (fourball betterball) game.  Your partner is on the green for 3, not too far away, and you are on for 2.  You are 70ft away and he is 5ft.  You decide to let your partner putt out first so that you have a free, albeit much longer, putt.  So you are helping your partner figure out his putting line.  He sinks his putt and wins the hole.  All four of you walk off the green, you and tour partner in obvious delight for winning the hole.  Two holes later when you next needed to mark your ball (you mess up the hole immediately after it, lol), you find you are markerless!  Happens mor eoften than you think on a real course, but not on WGT if that's the only golf oyu play  :)

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 6:21 AM

HamdenPro:
    Even more, visit PureGro1 before considering it, and it is easy to accept this theory.

HamdenPro:
    I would like to point out, this would mean that some of the hidden objects may not have been created by WGT, intentionally. Most of what we see, golf carts, ball markers, etc were there at the time that WGT mapped the courses. 

I always was under this impression, mostly due to stuff being in one shot and not another-Figured if it was meant to be there it would be in all the shots showing that area.

pmm711:

I wondered the same exact thing- Is it possible this was something the photographers  used to mark a camera location or a distance?

RSS