Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 2:50 PM

AlaskanDame:

JDGHOST:

• This one just drives me nuts....The cumbersome way we have to switch clubs/shot type....Everything takes 2 clicks to do as opposed to just 1 in flash....It may sound like nitpicking but when your up against a 45 sec clock......
  • The camera issue ugggg ...Again clumsy and time consuming why cant we just have cameras on the mini map and click them ONCE like in flash?
  • These two are a major thing for me.  Not just the time involved, though that ruins my rhythm and makes chatting even harder, but also because of carpal tunnel issues.  All those clicks add up to major irritation of the physical kind, not just mental.

AKD

I agree with Ghost and AKD, as Scott said below this left shift, right cross, tab up, backslash.  Still a lot of keystrokes, I can hold my own clicking the mouse ( I don't have a touch screen )  I can survive a 45 second timer on flash, hell on PECA ?    Looks like WGT going young quick reflexes, cartoonish, and gimmicks. WGT ALWAYS been about being "realistic" where did that go?

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 2:55 PM

ScottHope:

Lol.

They do have a point though. I'd almost forgotten that you only have to hover over the club or shot type icons in the flash game to get the menus to pop up. So that's only 2 clicks to change the shot type and club. Whereas in PCEA it's 5 to 6 button presses/clicks to achieve the same thing.

Yes Scott,  My 13 year old can't stand that I can 2 click something that he can 3 keystrokes. We have this argument daily,, lol

• kram801
    441 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 7:59 PM

I agree with JD GHOST on all points especially all of the unwanted "great shot' graphics. At least allow us an option in settings to turn them off.  I enjoy the 'Classic' putting grid introduction and hope to see soon a 'Classic' swing meter inclusion since the MMORIGINAL above the flash mode swing meter has always helped me with determining shot distances.

• PayneStewart2k
    75 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 10:14 PM

I would like to see some of the pc multiplayer options in the new mobile version I play pc but also play on an iPad just a thought 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 11:31 PM

kram801:
    I agree with JD GHOST on all points especially all of the unwanted "great shot' graphics. At least allow us an option in settings to turn them off. 

Agreed, we need this option.  I'd like to be able to turn OFF not only the "Excellent Stroke" graphic when you hit the ding, but also the large "Watching Opponent" and "Watching Partner" text that blocks the middle of the screen during the other player's turn.  The player who is hitting is already clearly indicated in the player list in the upper right corner.  So the text in the middle of the screen is unnecessary and redundant.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 12:17 PM

SamSpayed:

kram801:
    I agree with JD GHOST on all points especially all of the unwanted "great shot' graphics. At least allow us an option in settings to turn them off. 

Agreed, we need this option.  I'd like to be able to turn OFF not only the "Excellent Stroke" graphic when you hit the ding, but also the large "Watching Opponent" and "Watching Partner" text that blocks the middle of the screen during the other player's turn.  The player who is hitting is already clearly indicated in the player list in the upper right corner.  So the text in the middle of the screen is unnecessary and redundant.

+1.

It's particularly unnecessary to have  a "Watching Opponent" message in the middle of the screen when you cannot even change a camera view, so effectively the whole screen is frozen for you until it's your turn to play.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 12:53 PM

pdb1:

PayneStewart2k:

I would like to see some of the pc multiplayer options in the new mobile version I play pc but also play on an iPad just a thought 

Actually they do have them .

They are not available in the MOBILE version yet. Hopefully this is added to the Mobile version sooner rather than later and maybe once the Flash version is laid to rest in a couple months WGT can begin (if they haven't already) to implement cross platform play between the PCEA and Mobile games.

• JDGHOST
    6,782 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 4:10 AM

And is it just me OR does the ball seem twice the size of the hole when your putting? Not sure if that effects it actually going in or not but it sure seems you ain't making a putt unless it hits the hole "Dead Center".... I am yet to see a putt go in the side door like in the Flash version or in real golf ....   

JD

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 4:04 PM

JDGHOST:

And is it just me OR does the ball seem twice the size of the hole when your putting? Not sure if that effects it actually going in or not but it sure seems you ain't making a putt unless it hits the hole "Dead Center".... I am yet to see a putt go in the side door like in the Flash version or in real golf ....   

JD

I don't know if it happens as frequently as in flash JD, but it does happen. I've even had a couple that completely circled the drain before dropping, but same as in flash you have to be on the high side if you're hoping for the side door, and since the putts seem to break harder in PCEA I tend to miss more frequently on the low side.

Nigel.

RSS