Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 4:16 PM

JDGHOST:
    Not sure if that effects it actually going in or not but it sure seems you ain't making a putt unless it hits the hole "Dead Center".... I am yet to see a putt go in the side door like in the Flash version or in real golf ....   

It does now that WGT added the classic dot option. Use what you already know about how greens roll and trust the views. With the standard version it's very confusing to deal with. WGT adding the "Flash" dots made  the transition a lot easier. The key is to trust what you know.  ;-)

p.s., The AS matchmaking scene is an abomination. No way to tell the host who you have green let alone go see who is. Lotta fixing needed there.

• JaredDavis3
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 7:26 PM

Yawn, Whys everyone gettin thier knickers in a twist if we're all gonna be basically broke in a few months eitherway and wont even have net LOL

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 10:31 PM

YankeeJim:
    p.s., The AS matchmaking scene is an abomination. No way to tell the host who you have green let alone go see who is. Lotta fixing needed there.

The "Player Available" Green light does kinda work on PCEA. 

If you go to create an AS game, then set your game parameters, click on "create" it will take you to the player add/invite screen. If you click on "invite" it will show you all the players from your Friends list that are available to play. However that list is not 100% accurate.

The issue is that this list does not distinguish between players who are Green (available to play) and those that are Red (Busy) which it kinda used to do in the past but was lost at some point in a past update. It will show all players as Green.

If you go to your Friends list from the main menu screen it will show a green "play" icon next to all the people on your friends list who are actively logged into the server, however this too does not distinguish between Green and Red players. But in the past it used to. It would show a Greyed out "Play" icon rather than the Green one if you were logged in but busy playing already. If this function could be reinstated then you actually see which players are actually available to play at that specific time.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 12:41 PM

JDGHOST:

WGTChampion:
    Additionally, we have plans to bring many of the website features into the new desktop version so you can access them directly within the game. 

Champ,

As you probably know I have been extremely outspoken about my dislike of the "New" version ...And how the Flash version is far superior ...

That being said I have been trying very hard to adapt to PCEA as I said I would give it a real try before I abandon  WGT all together come Dec 29th...

Thought I would voice my opinion of the biggest flaws or "Turn-offs"

1. The continuing issue with the "Billboard" during reverse view putting
    2. This one just drives me nuts....The cumbersome way we have to switch clubs/shot type....Everything takes 2 clicks to do as opposed to just 1 in flash....It may sound like nitpicking but when your up against a 45 sec clock......
    3. The camera issue ugggg ...Again clumsy and time consuming why cant we just have cameras on the mini map and click them ONCE like in flash?
    4. Another camera issue is there are no options to switch to various views when another player is hitting a shot or more importantly when they are putting?    
    5. There are an  excessive amount of "Pop-ups" on the green... we don't need to see a giant "EXCELLENT" when we ding a putt? Just cause it was ding does not guarantee I made the put would be nice to see the roll out ...
    6. Here's a big one...When I am just off the green and I chose to Pitch,Flop,chip which ever...A lot of us hit and watch the shot in reverse view which again helps to see the roll out of the shot.... BUT now soon as you hit  the camera immediately changes back to the standard view behind the golfer and some cases you cant even see the green from that view....
    7. Please, PLEASE don't incorporate the apparel "Boost platform" into anything else ..IE WGT/CC Tourneys It's the only pure part of the game left on PCEA (I have heard rumor's that will be happening 😕) I hope there "Fake News" rumor's...
    8. THE LAG on PCEA is just horrible !!  The constant waiting in between  screens,games switching from settings to Tourney boards to well...  really anything The "Loading" is just sooooo slow?.                                                                                                                                               
    9.  That's all I can think of at the moment....

Now that I have been playing PCEA for a week or so I have a few more  issues...

10.   When I go to set up any multi-player game ....I often get a "pop-up box" that says something to the effect  of....  "Something went wrong and there is to weak of an internet signal"  Then it gives two icons or tabs you can click "Cancel or Retry" neither really does anything just leaves me in lobby with 3 other players... we can chat but can not tee off....I have super fast internet I'm sure that's not the issue...This only happens when I try to set-up the game ...No issues in any single player game or when I get invited to a game....

11. Also a HUGE issue ...When I am setting a multi-player game and I click the "Invite" tab it shows a list of all my friends that are "GREEN" or at least that's what you would think.... But from the list of 30 (or however many) Green friends it showed... I would say about 1/3 of them are actually Green and available most that I click on immediately cancel as if they declined.... But it turns out they are not really green....   I discovered this by  opening the Flash game client window at the same time......When I  looked over at the flash friend list MOST of the greens on PCEA where actually not available...

That one one is a real pain in the a** bug that needs fixing "Toot Sweet"

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 4:01 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 4:23 PM

JDGHOST:
    When I am setting a multi-player game and I click the "Invite" tab it shows a list of all my friends that are "GREEN" or at least that's what you would think.... But from the list of 30 (or however many) Green friends it showed... I would say about 1/3 of them are actually Green and available most that I click on immediately cancel as if they declined

I have yet to successfully start a game by inviting players this way. In all the times I tried, the only time I ever saw anything but the instant decline was a decline with a reason from the invited players.

Inevitably I give up and head to the Flash version and score the first try.  This is killing the social aspect of the game not to mention all the regulars you look forward to playing with.

p.s., The Flash friends list NEVER has anywhere near the number of green players the new version has when you look.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 4:54 PM

YankeeJim:
    Inevitably I give up and head to the Flash version and score the first try.  This is killing the social aspect of the game not to mention all the regulars you look forward to playing with.

You are correct Jim if they don't get a lot of issue's sorted out by Dec 29th even the players that are willing to stay with WGT (especially for the social aspect) will soon get turned off and fade away....

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 5:12 PM

YankeeJim:
    The Flash friends list NEVER has anywhere near the number of green players the new version has when you look.

The PCEA friends list will show any player that is logged in as Green regardless if they are available or busy (green/red on Flash)   
    This wasn’t always the case as PCEA used to show players who were busy with a greyed out “play” status rather than the green “play” status when available. I’m not sure why this was removed??? but it would make a lot of sense for WGT to at least return that feature.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 11:48 AM

MarchieB:
    The PCEA friends list will show any player that is logged in as Green regardless if they are available or busy (green/red on Flash)

To make matters worse, only the host can see that list. If you're in a lobby and the host asks for "greens" you have nowhere to look. 

I would think WGT would spend less time creating stupid shirts, pants and cockamamie extras and spend some time addressing this ridiculousness.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 12:20 PM

YankeeJim:
    I would think WGT would spend less time creating stupid shirts, pants and cockamamie extras and spend some time addressing this ridiculousness.

Well said...

Maybe the upcoming turkey hat will have a +10 R&D for "Friends List" boost? 🤣

"Cool ...Now I can see my friends"

RSS