*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,785 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 6:43 PM

ScottHope:

Cool!

Did you block it with AdBlock Plus?

I did my man !! 👍 With the brave it didn't give the same option but It worked like a charm on Chrome ..Thanks again Scott...

• JDGHOST
    6,785 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 6:48 PM

HenryKawa:

A FEW MORE DAYS OF FLASH!

This is my view on what will happen in 2021.  I hope I'm right.

Adobe said they are not supporting Flash any more.  If its like what Microsoft has done in the past with their operating systems, I believe we will still be able to use flash as we have done in the past.   The only thing that changes is Adobe will no longer support the program with updates or fixes, etc.    I am still operating Windows 7 and I have another system on Windows XP that I use for building HTML Webpages using Microsoft Front Page.  I didn't upgrade my webpage building system from XP because Front Page is not compatible with any operating system newer than XP.    Point is, even though Microsoft said they are ending support for XP like 10 years ago, it still works perfectly.  So if all Adobe is doing is ending support for Flash, unless WGT does something to end the game from operating, I believe we can still operate AS IS.   If so, I beg that WGT allows us to continue to play the game with the flash we already have loaded on our systems.    Playing the game in a new computer likely won't work, so folks you may need to keep your old computer indefinitely even if only to play WGT.   Anyone else want to weigh in?   Could I be right on this? 

Henry you didn't read my post a few before yours I guess?....Here is a quote from said post...

"Then WGT drops the bombshell that regardless if we have found ways to continue on playing flash...We don't care  "WE" are gonna pull the plug on all of you "Diehard" Flashers and remove the Flash version on Dec 29th!!!" 

So it's a moot point whether or not our systems will run flash ...WGT is shutting it down in less than 24 hours... 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 10:55 PM

DodgyPutter:

Wutpa:

Mizerman:

How sad.

The new version is a complete joke.

Speaking of complete jokes, I read your blog post.

I take it you'll be double-checking that your new console wasn't made in China then...

What you say may be fair enough, will you do the same for people that say positive things about the new version (go to thier profile and find something, totally unrelated to the post, to pick on)? 

Absolutely.

You've made it abundantly clear in previous posts that you don't much care for some of my comments/opinions, which is of course your right. For what it's worth, it's become mutual.

The floor is yours if you want to try and knock me down a notch, but I won't be responding.

Happy New Year regardless.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 11:28 PM

Sorry, JDGHOST\

No I did not see your post until after I posted mine.  The fact they are getting rid of our ability to use flash is puzzling why, if it is not necessary to do so.   There must be a reason.   Perhaps, fingers crossed, the message is from someone that is ill informed.  Not likely.  Well lets wait and see what happens January 1.    The end is near.... ?

This is possibly "GOOD BYE" to all the folks who have decided not to return in the New Year.  Thank you for your years of friendship and play.  You will be missed.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:24 AM

JDGHOST:
    I did my man !! 👍 With the brave it didn't give the same option but It worked like a charm on Chrome ..Thanks again Scott...

Excellent!

Thank you JD. I'll have a look at blocking it in Brave, shouldn't be too much of a problem I don't think. I'll let you know how it goes.

• HARRYRSA
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 6:52 AM

Hi and thanks for all the assistance. I've downloaded the desktop application (Windows) and still cannot seem to play a tournament??

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:39 PM

WGT should really just delete all the Flash threads - I mean what's the point? Done and done, move along. 

LoL.... 

• llehctim007
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM

I have played almost everyday for 10 years. They can have my 14 dollars, I will no longer be playing.  Good luck to all

RSS