Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 4:04 PM

JDGHOST:

YankeeJim:
    I would think WGT would spend less time creating stupid shirts, pants and cockamamie extras and spend some time addressing this ridiculousness.

Well said...

Maybe the upcoming turkey hat will have a +10 R&D for "Friends List" boost?

"Cool ...Now I can see my friends"

Haha, well played JD!

Except for the fact that anyone wearing that hat is very unlikely to actually have friends...

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:08 PM

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:34 PM

OK OK Maybe that Hat was a little harsh ....Corrected below

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - November 2019 Game Updates - WGT  Golf News

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 8:57 PM

JDGHOST:

OK OK Maybe that Hat was a little harsh ....Corrected below

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - November 2019 Game Updates - WGT  Golf News

Ouch!

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 10:40 PM

YankeeJim:
    No way to tell the host who you have green let alone go see who is.

Snob.

This isn't Augusta National,  its WGT, an online game.

I've come across plenty of 'green' quitters, whingers, gossips, cretins, and of course snobs.

Get off your high horse mate.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 6:37 AM

Wutpa:

Haha, well played JD! 

Except for the fact that anyone wearing that hat is very unlikely to actually have friends...

This guy ⬇⬇⬇ has worn that very hat, and I'm positive he has at least 5 "Friends" 😝

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 10:15 AM

JDGHOST:

JDGHOST:

WGTChampion:
    Additionally, we have plans to bring many of the website features into the new desktop version so you can access them directly within the game. 

Champ,

As you probably know I have been extremely outspoken about my dislike of the "New" version ...And how the Flash version is far superior ...

That being said I have been trying very hard to adapt to PCEA as I said I would give it a real try before I abandon  WGT all together come Dec 29th...

Thought I would voice my opinion of the biggest flaws or "Turn-offs"

1. The continuing issue with the "Billboard" during reverse view putting
    2. This one just drives me nuts....The cumbersome way we have to switch clubs/shot type....Everything takes 2 clicks to do as opposed to just 1 in flash....It may sound like nitpicking but when your up against a 45 sec clock......
    3. The camera issue ugggg ...Again clumsy and time consuming why cant we just have cameras on the mini map and click them ONCE like in flash?
    4. Another camera issue is there are no options to switch to various views when another player is hitting a shot or more importantly when they are putting?    
    5. There are an  excessive amount of "Pop-ups" on the green... we don't need to see a giant "EXCELLENT" when we ding a putt? Just cause it was ding does not guarantee I made the put would be nice to see the roll out ...
    6. Here's a big one...When I am just off the green and I chose to Pitch,Flop,chip which ever...A lot of us hit and watch the shot in reverse view which again helps to see the roll out of the shot.... BUT now soon as you hit  the camera immediately changes back to the standard view behind the golfer and some cases you cant even see the green from that view....
    7. Please, PLEASE don't incorporate the apparel "Boost platform" into anything else ..IE WGT/CC Tourneys It's the only pure part of the game left on PCEA (I have heard rumor's that will be happening 😕) I hope there "Fake News" rumor's...
    8. THE LAG on PCEA is just horrible !!  The constant waiting in between  screens,games switching from settings to Tourney boards to well...  really anything The "Loading" is just sooooo slow?.                                                                                                                                               
    9.  That's all I can think of at the moment....

Now that I have been playing PCEA for a week or so I have a few more  issues...

10.   When I go to set up any multi-player game ....I often get a "pop-up box" that says something to the effect  of....  "Something went wrong and there is to weak of an internet signal"  Then it gives two icons or tabs you can click "Cancel or Retry" neither really does anything just leaves me in lobby with 3 other players... we can chat but can not tee off....I have super fast internet I'm sure that's not the issue...This only happens when I try to set-up the game ...No issues in any single player game or when I get invited to a game....

11. Also a HUGE issue ...When I am setting a multi-player game and I click the "Invite" tab it shows a list of all my friends that are "GREEN" or at least that's what you would think.... But from the list of 30 (or however many) Green friends it showed... I would say about 1/3 of them are actually Green and available most that I click on immediately cancel as if they declined.... But it turns out they are not really green....   I discovered this by  opening the Flash game client window at the same time......When I  looked over at the flash friend list MOST of the greens on PCEA where actually not available...

That one one is a real pain in the a** bug that needs fixing "To Sweet"

So like I stated I am REALLY trying to give the "New" WGT a try.....BUT this list is growing....

12. I have yet to find even ONE skins game or a match (Challenge mode) on PCEA regardless if I search to join a game OR I set one up with open invites? And this is at least 50x's I have tried ...Not one person has even showed up and declined? 

I think the issue is these options are simply not working on PCEA? I immediately wen't back on flash and found MANY available Match Challenge games I also set one up with an open invite and players were popping in the lobby like normal ...Now I know for a fact that from now till Dec 29th cross-platform works between PCEA and Flash and players are online playing so whats the deal?....Oh and on a side note it will work if I invite a specific player that I know is online and available....That is the only time tho..."Random Anybody" searches have not produced even 1 player showing up in the lobby and I have tried at least 50 times now...Same thing for me trying to join a game NEVER NOT ONCE have I found one...

This will be a huge issue if it continues after flash is gone...

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 3:48 PM

I am also experiencing the issue of not being able to get a multi-player going on PCEA; eiher setting it up or joining in. I just tried finding a game on flash and instantly found myself in an AS game. We need to know if this is going to be fixed or not. I agree with JDGhost that "this will be a huge issue if it continues after flash is gone."  How about it WGT Champion. Does WGT recognize the problem and is it being worked on?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:22 PM

JDGHOST:
    I think the issue is these options are simply not working on PCEA?

Something I've been mulling over to get around this. Suppose you hook up in a game on the Flash version, tee off and then close the browser. Instead of restarting the Flash version, open the PCEA version. Do you get the option to continue......

When you think about it, maybe hooking up on the Flash version is a work around to getting the new version. In the lobby before the game starts, see if anybody's up for it. I know I've given up trying to start or join a game on the new version but would really like to play it.  :-(

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 7:22 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    I think the issue is these options are simply not working on PCEA?

Something I've been mulling over to get around this. Suppose you hook up in a game on the Flash version, tee off and then close the browser. Instead of restarting the Flash version, open the PCEA version. Do you get the option to continue......

When you think about it, maybe hooking up on the Flash version is a work around to getting the new version. In the lobby before the game starts, see if anybody's up for it. I know I've given up trying to start or join a game on the new version but would really like to play it.  :-(

Yes that CAN be done ...I know because I have done it ...But here is the issue with that 

1. Won't be able to do that after Dec 29th

2. You will have one disconnect before you even tee off on the first Tee....

3. Seems like a lot off hoops to jump thru to play a darn round....PCEA is already very non user friendly ....Now this ...

This will really turn people off.... I believe this is the NEW #1 PCEA Glich issue !!

RSS