Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 7:09 PM

MCalderon402:

Unfortunately since the latest update brackets for mobile & PCEA are screwed up.

It's nice to see that Whistler and Cabo Del Sol are shown as the 4 courses but those do not show up on mobile nor pcea.

Would be nice if they can be added and we could play them on mobile.

I heard rumor that if signed up on desk top for bracket, you can play those courses on mobile. Having heard that rumor, I tried to play them on PCEA after having signed up. I went in through "My Tournaments" and was able to play those courses on PCEA. However, I had one game freeze with 3 holes to play. After I signed out, I had to use Flash to finish the game. PCEA would not let me back into the game.

I have played several rounds on both courses using PCEA now, but always have to sign up for tourneys the traditional desk top way.

Brett

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 7:16 PM

BPeterson8256:

I heard rumor that if signed up on desk top for bracket, you can play those courses on mobile. Having heard that rumor, I tried to play them on PCEA after having signed up. I went in through "My Tournaments" and was able to play those courses on PCEA. However, I had one game freeze with 3 holes to play. After I signed out, I had to use Flash to finish the game. PCEA would not let me back into the game.

I have played several rounds on both courses using PCEA now, but always have to sign up for tourneys the traditional desk top way.

Brett

Thanks Brett. I played a few earlier and had the same thing happen. Started Cabo on flash and wasn't able to go to web. started whistler on the iphone then tried to move to ipad and had to finish that one on flash too :-/ 

Did eventually get through a round on ipad and hopefully they fix it soon so we can see the brackets on mobile or pcea and not have to check on wgt.com. 

• jetrep7
    1,245 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2020 8:05 AM

Regarding the Desktop vs the Steam versions of the game. Since the steam version is window-based, do players have access to other tasks? Someone mentioned using skype (I dont). 

I have downloaded the desktop version of the new game. I tried to change the screen display in the settings to 'window', so I might have access to my taskbar. But, when I saved the setting and returned to the front page, the bottom of the screen was forced down by the window header. there was no bottom border, or taskbar. And the bottom icons on the screen are barely there. You can get the settings icon to work and change back to fullscreen. Seems this is just a programming glitch and should be easily corrected.

I have reported this to WGT Support. No reply yet.

I have also ask WGT support if there is any chance of getting the player-purchased items from the 'old version', like notebook, avatars and golf bags eventually added to the new version. And, adding a few hashmarks to the meter scales would be beneficial, I think.  Also, no reply yet.

FYI for you and others.

• Easy1955
    262 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2020 8:49 AM

thank you sir .... way cool 

Marty 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 5:46 AM

WGTChampion:
    Additionally, we have plans to bring many of the website features into the new desktop version so you can access them directly within the game. 

Champ,

As you probably know I have been extremely outspoken about my dislike of the "New" version ...And how the Flash version is far superior ...

That being said I have been trying very hard to adapt to PCEA as I said I would give it a real try before I abandon  WGT all together come Dec 29th...

Thought I would voice my opinion of the biggest flaws or "Turn-offs"

1. The continuing issue with the "Billboard" during reverse view putting
    2. This one just drives me nuts....The cumbersome way we have to switch clubs/shot type....Everything takes 2 clicks to do as opposed to just 1 in flash....It may sound like nitpicking but when your up against a 45 sec clock......
    3. The camera issue ugggg ...Again clumsy and time consuming why cant we just have cameras on the mini map and click them ONCE like in flash?
    4. Another camera issue is there are no options to switch to various views when another player is hitting a shot or more importantly when they are putting?    
    5. There are an  excessive amount of "Pop-ups" on the green... we don't need to see a giant "EXCELLENT" when we ding a putt? Just cause it was ding does not guarantee I made the put would be nice to see the roll out ...
    6. Here's a big one...When I am just off the green and I chose to Pitch,Flop,chip which ever...A lot of us hit and watch the shot in reverse view which again helps to see the roll out of the shot.... BUT now soon as you hit  the camera immediately changes back to the standard view behind the golfer and some cases you cant even see the green from that view....
    7. Please, PLEASE don't incorporate the apparel "Boost platform" into anything else ..IE WGT/CC Tourneys It's the only pure part of the game left on PCEA (I have heard rumor's that will be happening 😕) I hope there "Fake News" rumor's...
    8. THE LAG on PCEA is just horrible !!  The constant waiting in between  screens,games switching from settings to Tourney boards to well...  really anything The "Loading" is just sooooo slow?.                                                                                                                                               
    9.  That's all I can think of at the moment....

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 8:41 AM

JDGHOST:

• This one just drives me nuts....The cumbersome way we have to switch clubs/shot type....Everything takes 2 clicks to do as opposed to just 1 in flash....It may sound like nitpicking but when your up against a 45 sec clock......
  • The camera issue ugggg ...Again clumsy and time consuming why cant we just have cameras on the mini map and click them ONCE like in flash?
  • These two are a major thing for me.  Not just the time involved, though that ruins my rhythm and makes chatting even harder, but also because of carpal tunnel issues.  All those clicks add up to major irritation of the physical kind, not just mental.

AKD

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 11:23 AM

Don't forget the keybindings...

Hit left shift to open/close the shot selection type menu...

and tab to open/close the club selection menu.

I realise it takes a little getting used to after having only the mouse and spacebar for the flash game.

If you play other games and are used to using the W, A, S, D keys, you can easily rebind the shot and club selection keys to any of those. They certainly are more comfortably positioned than the shift and tab keys.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 12:06 PM

please move the road sign on the greens back to its previous position, it wasnt ideal then but where it is now is just awful

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:11 PM

ScottHope:

Don't forget the keybindings...

Hit left shift to open/close the shot selection type menu...

and tab to open/close the club selection menu.

Now now, Scott. You are denying them the beauty of discovering it on their own. LOL

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:31 PM

Lol.

They do have a point though. I'd almost forgotten that you only have to hover over the club or shot type icons in the flash game to get the menus to pop up. So that's only 2 clicks to change the shot type and club. Whereas in PCEA it's 5 to 6 button presses/clicks to achieve the same thing.

RSS