Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • RalphMusco
    15 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 6:42 AM

It's unfortunate that Flash is reaching EOL, obviously no fault of WGT. This leaves two choices: play the desktop/mobile app, or stop playing.

IMHO, the latter is unfortunately the better option. The app is clunky and amateurish. It lacks the aesthetic beauty of the current version, which was a big draw for me personally. The avatar looks like Donkey Kong in golf attire, which detracts from the realism I've come to enjoy.

It was a good run, but as in real life, all good things must come to an end and everything eventually dies. RIP, WGT.

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 8:07 AM

I have been playing PCEA for about 4 months now and got to say I think the actual gameplay is a lot better than the flash version.

it took me about 2 weeks to adjust but I am loving it at the moment and with the updates that have been mentioned I think it will only get better

the one big plus for me would be if they had a friends list similar to the one on flash that also has the chat option built in it, because it makes the friends list a lot more accessible and the chat box isn't covering the hole screen

keep up the good work

cheers andy

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 8:46 AM

Unfortunately since the latest update brackets for mobile & PCEA are screwed up.

It's nice to see that Whistler and Cabo Del Sol are shown as the 4 courses but those do not show up on mobile nor pcea.

Would be nice if they can be added and we could play them on mobile.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 10:56 AM

HenryKawa:

With everything that is going on I will be leaving the game for good.   The next few months will be the last you'll all be seeing of me.  Its been a great 8 years, but everything eventually has to come to an end.   I'm very sad.

I expect you'll probably be the best ever at leaving the game for good Henry. 

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 12:10 PM

Wutpa:
    I expect you'll probably be the best ever at leaving the game for good Henry. 

LOL.... Well we have to at least give "Kylander" an honorable mention as well ?

• Easy1955
    262 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 2:12 PM

Hey Champ... thanks for info ... just one question sir ... when i move over to Steam, do I keep same status as WGT ? been here 13 yrs i think ...sooo dont want to hack no more after all them $ spent to get here at tc ... just askin ...so not a gamer ...this has been my only game...ever ...lol ... 

thanks 

Marty 

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 9:11 PM

Lastly, beginning today and running through the end of the year, green fees for both the Whistler and Cabo Del Sol courses are now free. 

Will these two courses be available for CC tournaments in the PC flash game?

Cheers

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 2:39 PM

Easy1955:

Hey Champ... thanks for info ... just one question sir ... when i move over to Steam, do I keep same status as WGT ? been here 13 yrs i think ...sooo dont want to hack no more after all them $ spent to get here at tc ... just askin ...so not a gamer ...this has been my only game...ever ...lol ... 

thanks 

Marty 

Yes. When you download and start WGT through Steam you will be asked for your username and password. Login and you'll be at the same level, tier, etc..

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 2:40 PM

okiechuck:

Lastly, beginning today and running through the end of the year, green fees for both the Whistler and Cabo Del Sol courses are now free. 

Will these two courses be available for CC tournaments in the PC flash game?

Cheers

No. Adding them to CC tournaments adds a whole bunch of complexity between clients that do and don't support these courses. Sorry!

_CHAMPION 

• mikegooner0
    13,860 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 4:32 PM

carlosdev:

The Panel has to sort out the friends green n red lights. Without this, the social aspect (Especially Alt game) are a let down. Aa far as iam concerned, Motorway is bit far from my home to see the actual lights. Please do the needful. 

- Carl 

100% agree......no social aspect...forget it....

RSS