Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:34 PM

WGT Community,

As you may already know, Adobe is discontinuing Flash at the end of this year, so we're officially announcing that the last day WGT will be playable on Flash is December 29, 2020. WGT will, of course, continue to be available on multiple other platforms, including mobile and PC.

More information can be found here: 

Adobe Flash Announcement

Statements from browsers: 

Google ChromeMicrosoft Edge/IEMozilla Firefox

With Adobe's official announcement to end Flash support at the end of the year, browsers have also announced plans to disable the Flash plugin around the same time or sooner. As part of the statements, Adobe has advised that trying to obtain old versions of Flash poses security risks to the user. Our initial plan was to continue supporting WGT on Flash as long as it was safely available to players, so based on the information from Adobe, it will no longer be available at the end of this year. 

In preparation for the end of Flash, we’ve developed a new, dedicated desktop application for you to continue enjoying the game you've been playing for so many years.

You can download that now for Windows and macOS, available free here: 

While we're saying goodbye to Flash, we're not saying goodbye to the forums, or the website -- including some of the features currently available there. On WGT.com, you'll still be able to do things like manage your country club, create new tournaments, build custom courses and send messages to friends. 

Additionally, we have plans to bring many of the website features into the new desktop version so you can access them directly within the game. 

We launched the "Early Access” version last year to give players as much time as possible to start transitioning and getting used to the updated design. Since then we’ve been regularly making updates and adding features, and will actively continue to make sure we deliver you the best online golf experience. Our ultimate goal is to bring you a new, improved WGT that even exceeds the game you've loved for the last 13 years, without compromise.

We may not be able to promise a specific date for when your favorite Flash feature will be available in the new version, but we want to hear what your favorites are and look forward to delivering them as soon as possible! We'll be sharing updates on new and upcoming features, so be sure to stay tuned...

Lastly, beginning today and running through the end of the year, green fees for both the Whistler and Cabo Del Sol courses are now free. 

Thank you for being here and for your support throughout this transition we’re all experiencing together, 

WGT 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:49 PM

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:52 PM

I also posted a short FAQ that I'll be expanding as we go forward. 

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/651602.aspx 

_CHAMPION 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:36 PM

Thank you .

OPY

That will be just before my 12th year here in WGT land , I hope to ride out flash till then and see after that . 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:36 PM

Thank you .

OPY

That will be just before my 12th year here in WGT land , I hope to ride out flash till then and see after that . 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:49 PM

WGTChampion:
    Our initial plan was to continue supporting WGT on Flash as long as it was safely available to players, so based on the information from Adobe, it will no longer be available at the end of this year. 

Well it is a SAD SAD day indeed !!!!.....WGT has followed the BS that Adobe has put out so no one will use their product for free!! I have been running and old Adobe Flash player with ALL updates (including security updates) off for some 5 months now with zero issue's and zero security issues....Of course Adobe is gonna say "Don't use outdated browsers or our older flash players.... Your at risk" !! Pifff

Everything is about money and there is no profit for Adobe if you continue to use their Product? What did you think they would say.... "UMMMM....We know most gamers have found ways to work around us pulling the plug on our product ...So go right ahead and play away.... You have our blessing"??  LMAO...

Anyway Kudos to Champ for "finally" making this announcement and to be frank I feel The WGT High up's knew they were gonna shut down flash all along but their thought was probably.... "Why say anything and lose players and lose money prior to Dec 31st?" So again thanks Champ for the IMHO earlier than expected head's up....

I only wish the PCEA could eventually resemble the Flash game but I just can't see how....The putting and  playability don't bother me at all ...But that being said there is a list of things that do !!..Most all the complaints and dislikes have been mentioned(Frankly beaten to Death) All over this forum already so I am not gonna relist them .....To tired and honestly.... just to disheartened at this moment...

JD

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 5:05 PM

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:01 PM

With everything that is going on I will be leaving the game for good.   The next few months will be the last you'll all be seeing of me.  Its been a great 8 years, but everything eventually has to come to an end.   I'm very sad.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 7:29 AM

Good to hear uneven lies will be added at some point, keep us posted champ on any uneven lies progress, it’s all I play so I’ll be happy to see it when it gets released 

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 7:58 AM

WGTChampion:
    We may not be able to promise a specific date for when your favorite Flash feature will be available in the new version, but we want to hear what your favorites are and look forward to delivering them as soon as possible! We'll be sharing updates on new and upcoming features, so be sure to stay tuned...

My favorite features would be:

1) To be able to play a specific one hole practice game in a non-coin room setting rather then 3 random holes now.  It is a great way when traveling or during power outages to keep your CDP alive and also to map new clubs.

2) Ability to private message friends.

3) Ability for a CC Owner to see who has applied for membership and accept them.

4) An easy way to determine if friends are available to play or are playing in a round. Not to mention changing your own status easily when not in a game.

5) Green reverse view for approach shots

and finally a pipe dream

6) A built in Voice Chat Program that can be turned on and off.

EE

RSS