Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 1:58 PM

PureGro1:
    I have no idea, My point wasn't personal...it was to point out that there maybe a million different reason why they may see an error such as was being discussed. 

If that was the point of the meme, then I don't think that meme means what you think it means. 

And if it wasn't personal, why is it in direct response to the individual? What's the point of quoting him?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:11 PM

PureGro1:
    My point wasn't personal...it was to point out that there maybe a million different reason why they may see an error such as was being discussed. 

Well, if that was your point, then why not just say that? 🙄

I'd love to hear some of these "million different reasons".  Feel free to enlighten us.  

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:15 PM

Robert1893:

If that was the point of the meme, then I don't think that meme means what you think it means.

I think you must think, that I think your thinking that I think....

A lot of hyperbole of someone disconnected and preventing someone from winning, I think there are many reasons why that error would happen in a mobile heavy game...

You dont and that is fine man...lol

Robert1893:

And if it wasn't personal, why is it in direct response to the individual? What's the point of quoting him?

I think quoting to respond to someone and making personal insults about someone are different, but that is just me.

Maybe its semantics, to me personal would be going to his profile and attacking his character or game play style. I dont consider posting a meme to show that I dont agree with opinion posted as fact as personal or as an attack.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:21 PM

SamSpayed:

PureGro1:
    My point wasn't personal...it was to point out that there maybe a million different reason why they may see an error such as was being discussed. 

I'd love to hear some of these "million different reasons".  Feel free to enlighten us.  

reasons mobile phones have connection issues

"Bad cell phone reception is an ubiquitous problem across the United States, and the causes of bad signal fall under two categories: localized poor coverage due to building materials or destructive interference, and geographical distance from or obstacles between your phone and the nearest cell tower."

SamSpayed:

Well, if that was your point, then why not just say that? 🙄

Obviously attack mode was already engaged and I went to brutal insults right off the bat.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:37 PM

PureGro1:

It was a brutal attack, calculated for years from a lair beneath the Antarctic....

OR....

The possibility does exist that I said nothing personal to anyone whatsoever

Totally the first one:

EDIT: Neither the author of this reply, nor the individual(s) who created the initial clip art, WGT who allowed the opportunity to post this reply, nor the LPGA mean anything personal by this post. This is only a graphic demonstration of the author's opinion (only), given the two options provided.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:43 PM

PureGro1:
    Obviously attack mode was already engaged and I went to brutal insults right off the bat.

Agreed.

PureGro1:
    "Bad cell phone reception is an ubiquitous problem across the United States, and the causes of bad signal fall under two categories: localized poor coverage due to building materials or destructive interference, and geographical distance from or obstacles between your phone and the nearest cell tower."

Nice try, Chris, but I think what el3n1 said is more likely... especially under the circumstances he mentioned.

el3n1:

Players are not wagering 2.5 M in bellagio with a weak or poor internet connection. 

So, when the game plays fine for the entire 3 holes and then after their last shot and they can't win and you have a putt to close out the game and the game now suddenly stalls out - it looks very very suspicious.  There could be an innocent explanation - but I have seen this happen far too often - even in Bellagio.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 3:00 PM

Jeez I missed this thread for a while and I thought I was going to get to enjoy Ed presenting opinions as facts.  This was it apparently. 

yes, I do believe you are correct - I do believe some people have learned how to force the game to time out or go on pause

I even see this in Bellagio where you KNOW people have played enough, been around the block enough - to know better but may still do this kind of thing.  Players are not wagering 2.5 M in bellagio with a weak or poor internet connection. 

So, when the game plays fine for the entire 3 holes and then after their last shot and they can't win and you have a putt to close out the game and the game now suddenly stalls out - it looks very very suspicious.

There could be an innocent explanation - but I have seen this happen far too often - even in Bellagio

:-(  Reads like opinions and observations to me.  Given that they are from one of the most sensible people on here on a subject he knows an awful lot about I will probably now choose to think of them as likely to be factual.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 3:07 PM

@Sam

+1

@Everyone else

Getting back to ed's points, which I really think are fairly uncontroversial. The two main points I see are these.

1. Players will know the general quality of their internet. It's not like they're using it for the first time when they play WGT. It's unlikely they'll be making high wagers when they know their internet is weak or will have a poor connection. Yes, it can happen occasionally. No one disputes that. It's when it appears to happen consistently that raises questions. 

And, as an aside, I've played the game without issue using cellphone data that was relatively slow and had no issues. 

2. The players' internet issues appear to be strategic and convenient for the player, occurring at the end of the round and not before.

When one sees clear patterns, noting it looks very suspicious is a reasonable suggestion. That's especially so because he acknowledges "there could be an innocent explanation."

Again, given the knowledge of the person, have to say the pushback on what he wrote seems a bit baffling to me. But I'm easily baffled. Going through my day, I often think...

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 3:45 PM

SamSpayed:

PureGro1:

Agreed.

Just gonna keep beating me up for the personal insults I threw around, It was a vile, brutal, personal attack and I cant possibly feel any more sorrow over how I treated him.

SamSpayed:
    Nice try, Chris, but I think what el3n1 said is more likely... especially under the circumstances he mentioned.

Right, we disagree Scott, I knew that before you asked me to post the million reasons cell phones can lose connection.

Glad that is settled...lol

Robert1893:

1. Players will know the general quality of their internet. It's not like they're using it for the first time when they play WGT. It's unlikely they'll be making high wagers when they know their internet is weak or will have a poor connection. Yes, it can happen occasionally. No one disputes that. It's when it appears to happen consistently that raises questions. 

And, as an aside, I've played the game without issue using cellphone data that was relatively slow and had no issues. 

2. The players' internet issues appear to be strategic and convenient for the player, occurring at the end of the round and not before.

When one sees clear patterns, noting it looks very suspicious is a reasonable suggestion. That's especially so because he acknowledges "there could be an innocent explanation."

Again, given the knowledge of the person, have to say the pushback on what he wrote seems a bit baffling to me. But I'm easily baffled. Going through my day, I often think...

1. No one has said any player has done this more than once, if its a strategy- you would think we would see the same people doing this over and over not randomly once in awhile. which sort of negates any clear patterns whatsoever.

I also think its flawed logic to think people are paying attention to internet connectivity vs how many coins they wager, or what constitutes a "Large" wager.
    2. things work until they dont, your headlight going out on your car after an oil change is not proof of a conspiracy by the auto shop. 

Im missing the approved list of who we can disagree with and who we must never, ever express an opinion not in line with...

You would think I kicked in the mans door, slapped his wife and punched his kid, Honestly I just disagreed with the premise (and was personally insulted, not my opinion called into question but my gameplay and character) and if that makes me a hateful person who attacked him then so be it-

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 4:05 PM

MGB01:
    i think these quitters just want to piss someone off......basicly . they have lost so they think they will try to piss you off......but they just make me smile as i say give me your coins loser............

Coins lol

RSS